Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-02-2016, 09:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~AnastasiaGrey~ (View Post)
I just wish they wrote it better
I wish I liked the character of Travis. He'll probably have a huge roll in Season 5, and I can't see him as anything more than wallpaper.
Old 05-03-2016, 07:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
I wish I liked the character of Travis. He'll probably have a huge roll in Season 5, and I can't see him as anything more than wallpaper.

Yeah true
Old 05-03-2016, 11:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah true
I think some people are moved by Travis's story with his family. I remember caring about that in the beginning, when Daphne first visited Travis's house and we saw the sadness of his situation.

But I lost my ability to care for his character's story rather quickly. I'm not sure what caused that. I remember recognizing the tragedy of Travis being unable to communicate with his entire family. I was hooked in the beginning. And I remember liking Travis's tentative bond with John Kennish. It was as if John had not been able to find much depth in his relationship with Toby, and his relationship with Travis healed that in some ways.

And I cared about Travis when Daphne used him to make Chef Jeff jealous. I stopped caring about Travis around the time he started dating Daphne. I didn't like the way he treated the hearing people in the pilot program at Carlton, especially Bay. I didn't like how he went all vigilante when Daphne was mugged.

Even when Travis started dating Mary Beth and became like a brother to Emmett, I didn't connect with his character anymore.

By the time the graduation scene rolled around and Travis's mother arrived to sign, "I'm proud of you," I did not care. I felt nothing.

I saw where some people said they cried. I'm not sure why I felt nothing. Did anyone else feel nothing at the graduation?

Not even the scene where Bay had Angelo's picture pinned to her robe moved me. By comments in social media, I'm guessing others were moved by that. I wonder why it didn't affect me. Hmm...
Old 05-04-2016, 07:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I think some people are moved by Travis's story with his family. I remember caring about that in the beginning, when Daphne first visited Travis's house and we saw the sadness of his situation. But I lost my ability to care for his character's story rather quickly. I'm not sure what caused that. I remember recognizing the tragedy of Travis being unable to communicate with his entire family. I was hooked in the beginning. And I remember liking Travis's tentative bond with John Kennish. It was as if John had not been able to find much depth in his relationship with Toby, and his relationship with Travis healed that in some ways. And I cared about Travis when Daphne used him to make Chef Jeff jealous. I stopped caring about Travis around the time he started dating Daphne. I didn't like the way he treated the hearing people in the pilot program at Carlton, especially Bay. I didn't like how he went all vigilante when Daphne was mugged. Even when Travis started dating Mary Beth and became like a brother to Emmett, I didn't connect with his character anymore. By the time the graduation scene rolled around and Travis's mother arrived to sign, "I'm proud of you," I did not care. I felt nothing. I saw where some people said they cried. I'm not sure why I felt nothing. Did anyone else feel nothing at the graduation? Not even the scene where Bay had Angelo's picture pinned to her robe moved me. By comments in social media, I'm guessing others were moved by that. I wonder why it didn't affect me. Hmm...

I think it's because his story just kept getting on and off and in the end maybe you didn't care too much for it?
Old 05-14-2016, 11:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think it's because his story just kept getting on and off and in the end maybe you didn't care too much for it?
I don't think it was the on and off. I remember when Daphne kissed Travis, after he had helped her with the immigration officer. At the time, I knew that I was supposed to like them together, but I didn't. The chemistry wasn't there between them, even then.

We did see Travis's kind and gentle side, that evening. He deserved the kiss, but watching it did nothing for me. I remember thinking, "Now the writers are going to pair Daphne with Travis. How blah!" To me, Bay and Emmett were a million times more exciting.

And then, the writers never did really pair Daphne with Travis. The two characters never really clicked that way.

And even though Travis's character continued to grow as a person, I didn't like his kiss with Bay any better. It was similar to Tank or Noah kissing Bay. It fell flat.

In my opinion, over the years, Bay's best kisses have been with Emmett, Ty, and Garrett. Daphne's best kisses have been with Wilke and Chef Jeff. I didn't care for Daphne with Jace, Campbell, Jorge, or even Mingo.

I like Mingo as a character, but it's tedious watching Daphne act like she expects him to let her down. Over and over again, Daphne is surprised when Mingo does the right thing. She finally seems to have accepted that he is a good person, but she still doesn't treat him well. She is selfish and self-centered in their relationship, and I am not sure why Mingo is sticking around for it. That is the one thing for which I give Travis credit. He finally saw the real Daphne, and he got over her. Travis moved on from their relationship, when he realized that Daphne is shallow.

I wish Mingo would do the same.
Old 05-15-2016, 08:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah true
Old 05-18-2016, 09:01 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah true
Do you have a sense of how important Daphne's friendship with Travis is to her.

In my imagination, she doesn't keep up with Wilke or Noah. Those friendships have fallen by the wayside. So do you think Travis is her most important male friend, now that she and Emmett have fallen out?
Old 05-19-2016, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Um not really it's almost like its indifferent you know?
Old 05-23-2016, 05:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Um not really it's almost like its indifferent you know?
Yeah, that's true.

I guess nowadays Toby is friends with Lily and still friends with his sister Bay, also.

Daphne is friends with Mingo and Josh, and of course, her sister Bay. I guess she is friends with Sharee, too. And Travis.

Bay would like to be friends with Ty and Travis. She is friends with Mary Beth and Natalie.
Old 05-23-2016, 09:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Unjust wish it wasn't like that such a shame
Old 05-24-2016, 07:45 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Yeah, that's true.

I guess nowadays Toby is friends with Lily and still friends with his sister Bay, also.

Daphne is friends with Mingo and Josh, and of course, her sister Bay. I guess she is friends with Sharee, too. And Travis.

Bay would like to be friends with Ty and Travis. She is friends with Mary Beth and Natalie.
I guess it's really difficult to properly show how friendships develop, but they sure do a poor job of it on SaB. Supporting characters come and go, and we get a couple of scenes between two characters where they have some minor interactions and then suddenly, BOOM, they're good friends! Examples: how Bay became friends with Natalie and Tess, how Daphne became friends with Sharee. And in many cases, we're not so much shown their friendship as given the equivalent of a montage of them laughing together or something.
Old 05-30-2016, 11:50 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaholic (View Post)
I guess it's really difficult to properly show how friendships develop, but they sure do a poor job of it on SaB. Supporting characters come and go, and we get a couple of scenes between two characters where they have some minor interactions and then suddenly, BOOM, they're good friends! Examples: how Bay became friends with Natalie and Tess, how Daphne became friends with Sharee. And in many cases, we're not so much shown their friendship as given the equivalent of a montage of them laughing together or something.
Very true.

I still don't have a feeling that Natalie meshes with Bay. I don't think they hang out together. It's more that they learned to respect each other, when they see each other. Same for Tess and Bay.

I do believe that Mary Beth and Bay are friends, but I don't care for their friendship. Mary Beth's loyalty has never once been with Bay. They may hang out together in Spanish class, and Bay might take on saving Mary Beth's relationship with Travis, in the same way she took on getting Natalie and Hilary into the senior prom, but none of them are friends in the way I think of friendship.

I would say that Emmett has been a true friend to Bay, as had Toby. Daphne has had moments of being Bay's true friend, as well. And both Ty and Tank have been Bay's friend, but that's it. Zarra probably did the best that she knew how to do, at the time, but she used Bay. She wasn't a real friend.

Toby has always had Bay's friendship. He had Wilke's friendship and Emmett's friendship, too. Simone, Nikki, and Lily have all three been friends to Toby. And Sharee has been his friend. I don't really see Travis as a friend to Toby. Their relationship so far has been too one-sided with Toby doing all the giving.

I'm not sure who is a friend to Daphne. Obviously Emmett was in the beginning. It appears Ty had been her friend in the past. Toby tried to be her friend, as did Bay. Wilke tried to be Daphne's friend. Travis tried to be her friend. Noah tried to be her friend. Ditto Jace, Campbell, Jorge, and Mingo, but have any of them been successful? Maybe?

Sharee, Iris, and Josh are friends with Daphne, I guess. Is Natalie Daphne's friend, now that they are all at college together? I don't know. It's weird. All of these people are there for Daphne, but is she there for any of them? She was for Wilke, when he needed her. And she tried to be there for Emmett and Travis at different times.

Something feels strange about Daphne's friendships. I can't quite put my finger on it though.
Old 05-30-2016, 10:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Very true.

I still don't have a feeling that Natalie meshes with Bay. I don't think they hang out together. It's more that they learned to respect each other, when they see each other. Same for Tess and Bay.

I do believe that Mary Beth and Bay are friends, but I don't care for their friendship. Mary Beth's loyalty has never once been with Bay. They may hang out together in Spanish class, and Bay might take on saving Mary Beth's relationship with Travis, in the same way she took on getting Natalie and Hilary into the senior prom, but none of them are friends in the way I think of friendship.

I would say that Emmett has been a true friend to Bay, as had Toby. Daphne has had moments of being Bay's true friend, as well. And both Ty and Tank have been Bay's friend, but that's it. Zarra probably did the best that she knew how to do, at the time, but she used Bay. She wasn't a real friend.

Toby has always had Bay's friendship. He had Wilke's friendship and Emmett's friendship, too. Simone, Nikki, and Lily have all three been friends to Toby. And Sharee has been his friend. I don't really see Travis as a friend to Toby. Their relationship so far has been too one-sided with Toby doing all the giving.

I'm not sure who is a friend to Daphne. Obviously Emmett was in the beginning. It appears Ty had been her friend in the past. Toby tried to be her friend, as did Bay. Wilke tried to be Daphne's friend. Travis tried to be her friend. Noah tried to be her friend. Ditto Jace, Campbell, Jorge, and Mingo, but have any of them been successful? Maybe?

Sharee, Iris, and Josh are friends with Daphne, I guess. Is Natalie Daphne's friend, now that they are all at college together? I don't know. It's weird. All of these people are there for Daphne, but is she there for any of them? She was for Wilke, when he needed her. And she tried to be there for Emmett and Travis at different times.

Something feels strange about Daphne's friendships. I can't quite put my finger on it though.
I think its because they always have them romantic
Old 06-04-2016, 06:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think its because they always have them romantic
I've seen a lot of fans all over the internet who are complaining that every guy always falls in love with Daphne and Bay.

Bay was rejected by Noah, sort of. But Daphne does have a lot of luck with men.
Old 06-05-2016, 09:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I've seen a lot of fans all over the internet who are complaining that every guy always falls in love with Daphne and Bay. Bay was rejected by Noah, sort of. But Daphne does have a lot of luck with men.
yeah true