Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-28-2013, 12:15 PM
Addicted Fan

so do we think this ship is dead?

daphne/travis didn't have a scene together all summer did they?

i hope we see more of them in 3a. even just as friends.
Old 12-28-2013, 01:42 PM
Elite Fan

It would seem like it.

I hope at they at least bring back their friendship.

Although you never know with shows. Maybe if they can't get Austin back due to scheduling, they'll have Daphne end up with Travis. Who knows. There are plenty of couples I never thought would happen and they did. I think Katie and Ryan have nice chemistry, but Daphne didn't see Travis as any more than a friend, but time and perspective changes you. I could see Daphne/Travis revisited after college or during college.

You never know if/when you'll see someone differently. Maybe you won't but maybe you will.
Old 12-28-2013, 02:12 PM
Addicted Fan

I just hope that whoever they decide to have her end up with, they write it well and it's not thrown together in the last two episodes and presented as endgame.

Or maybe they just figure since Bay is the one with the central romantic storyline, they don't have to focus as much on writing Daphne's.
Old 12-28-2013, 05:19 PM
Supreme Fan

I really would like to see them interact again. I thought they had potential and then they abandoned the storyline. It seems that Travis was another boy in Daphne's revolving door of romance.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 12-28-2013, 05:57 PM
Master Fan

I would rather not see them interact anymore. Given the choice, I would rather Travis become friends with Bay than continue a friendship with Daphne. It's not that the two are mutually exclusive. Obviously they are not. But if the writers only have time for one friendship, then I would choose seeing the Travis and Bay connection over the Travis and Daphne connection.

Mary Beth is a natural link between Travis and Bay. And I think Travis has better friend chemistry with Bay than he does with Daphne.

Plus, I like the idea of a little bit of unspoken tension between Travis and Emmett, if Travis becomes friends with Bay.

Daphne broke Travis's heart. Maybe not in a big way, perhaps it was a small break, but still, she did. I don't think it is realistic to see them be all buddy buddy now. If they are buddy buddy now, then Travis must not have had deep feelings for her.

I'd rather Travis and Daphne be cordial with each other, without them having a close friendship.
Old 12-28-2013, 09:01 PM
Supreme Fan

Just meant that I'd like to see them interact more than they did this past season. Not sure I see them getting together at this point (Daphne's taste in boys is lousy save for Wilke). I like the idea of Travis/Bay friendship though too.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 12-28-2013, 09:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
Just meant that I'd like to see them interact more than they did this past season. Not sure I see them getting together at this point (Daphne's taste in boys is lousy save for Wilke). I like the idea of Travis/Bay friendship though too.
Yes, I could see that as being a good thing.

Is it just me or does it seem like these writers drop a lot of storylines?
Old 12-28-2013, 10:08 PM
Supreme Fan

Not just you. Unfortunately, they start storylines and drop them midway through ... so we're left wondering what happened. Or for some plotlines, just not caring.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 12-29-2013, 06:34 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
Not just you. Unfortunately, they start storylines and drop them midway through ... so we're left wondering what happened. Or for some plotlines, just not caring.
Yes. It is true. I'd like to see the writers explore how Daphne has somewhat dropped her two best friends (Emmett & Travis). If I was Emmett, I would feel a bit deserted by Daphne. She's really not all that close to anyone at the moment.

Oddly enough, season 2 ended with Daphne being closer to Nikki than anyone else on the show, and she's not really all that close to Nikki either. I am EXTREMELY curious to find out how Daphne treats Bay in these upcoming episodes as they return to Carlton. Is Daphne going to support Bay? Or will their relationship continue to be filled with strife?

I wonder who Daphne's new best friend will be this season? I hope at the very least she continues her friendship with Emmett and grows closer to Toby.
Old 12-29-2013, 01:39 PM
Supreme Fan

We can probably assume there will be yet another love interest . Haven't read any spoilers on the matter, but it's an educated guess given the history of the show .
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 12-29-2013, 10:51 PM
Elite Fan

Has anyone here ever watched Freaks and Geeks?

I started watching it not too long ago and I saw an interview with the creator where he discussed what season 2 would have been had it not gotten canceled and he talked about hooking up two unlikely characters because high school relationships are so flash in the pan and it's awkward having to see an ex.

I feel like Daphne & Travis are a good example of that. I don't know if I would truly classify Travis as Daphne's ex since they never really got off the ground, but it was so quick and obviously things are strained between them now or maybe not and we're just assuming they are since they haven't interacted much since 2A.

I have always liked the idea of Travis/Bay as friends. Not only does it seem like they drop stories, but sometimes fail to see the potential in others i.e. Travis/Bay.

Not that I'd want T/B to become romantic, but rather than bring on a new guy every half, why not use the ones they already have?
Old 03-31-2015, 06:18 PM
Master Fan

Now that Travis is part of Daphne's tribe AND working with John on his baseball dreams, I wonder what will happen between Travis and Daphne.

Just friendship?

Or is Travis destined to be something more to Daphne?
Old 03-31-2015, 06:39 PM
Addicted Fan

I thought they may go this route again once Travis and Mary Beth broke up. but since Daphne's with mingo now... idk anymore now.
Old 03-31-2015, 06:47 PM
Elite Fan

I always thought that if Wilke never comes back, that it will end Daphne/Travis.
Old 03-31-2015, 06:56 PM
Addicted Fan

Yeah. A part of me still thinks that too. But it's weird that they don't spend time building a romantic relationship if that was the plan. Instead it's just the usual revolving door of boyfriends.

I like wilke but Tbh I think a last minute daphne/wilke endgame would be really unsatisfying. where is the struggle.