Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-18-2016, 10:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
Last season, we saw signs that Travis has really become Daphne's best friend. She and Natalie helped him over his heartbreak with Mary Beth. Travis is the one who warned Daphne not to let college pass her by, without having fun.

I like Daphne and Travis's friendship. It was awkward when Travis had a crush on her, but now that they have worked through that, it's good.

Travis has become like a brother to Daphne. He's really close to Bay and Toby now, too. I'm glad Travis is such a good guy with a heart of gold. He appreciates the Kennish siblings, because his own family was such a nightmare.

Travis would never let down Daphne, Bay, or Toby. Just like the title of this thread states, Travis would do anything for all three of them. He is a true friend.
I just hope we see more.
Old 02-18-2016, 10:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~TwilighterTee~ (View Post)
I just hope we see more.
See more what?
Old 02-21-2016, 01:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
See more what?
Bump!

Did any fans here like the Daphne and Travis pairing? Or were there things about the pairing that you liked?
Old 04-05-2016, 01:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Bump!

Did any fans here like the Daphne and Travis pairing? Or were there things about the pairing that you liked?
Actually I loved them as a pairing! I still don't understand why Daphne broke it off so suddenly. Her explanation was "we are just so different"

But I didn't really see much of how they were different. I mean I know that they are different but I didn't see anything major hinting at that when they were dating am I missing something?
Old 04-12-2016, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Bump!

I liked it I feel like they cut it off too quicky though
Old 04-13-2016, 01:26 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribbled Pretty (View Post)
Actually I loved them as a pairing! I still don't understand why Daphne broke it off so suddenly. Her explanation was "we are just so different"

But I didn't really see much of how they were different. I mean I know that they are different but I didn't see anything major hinting at that when they were dating am I missing something?
I don't remember Daphne saying that she was different from Travis, but I may have missed that.

What I do clearly remember is that after Travis got into a fight with Noah at Bay's anti-Valentine's Day party, and in the same episode, after Travis had tried to go vigilante and beat up the person who stole money from Daphne's food truck, Daphne told Emmett, "Travis is an angry guy."

And as Daphne stood to get into the car with Travis to go home, Emmett said to her, "You don't have to date him, just to prove you can date a Deaf guy."

I always thought that the reason Daphne wanted to step away from her relationship with Travis is because he truly had an anger-management problem. And honestly, everything we've seen of Travis supports that, whether he is punching out Noah in Season 2 or punching out those guys at UMKC this season, Travis is always using his fists to solve his problems.

He threw that rock through the window at Carlton, when he could not get into the building during the uprising.

He cussed out a customer at John's car wash, during his first day on the job.

I can understand his anger, because his family did not learn his language. (I wonder how Travis learned ASL.) But Travis absolutely refused to consider allowing Bay to stay at Carlton. That was harsh. He was adamant that the small group of pilot program students be excluded, even though Bay pointed out that she had pulled the fire alarm for them during the uprising, even though Natalie and Emmett agreed an exception should be made for Bay, because she was helping them.

I don't understand the writers turning Travis into Bay's hero. Or how Daphne could tell Bay, "You should [consider dating Travis]. He's a really great guy." Especially when Daphne dumped him faster than a hot potato. And Travis didn't treat Mary Beth all that great.

Old 04-14-2016, 08:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the pics
Old 04-16-2016, 10:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~AnastasiaGrey~ (View Post)
Thanks for the pics
Yeah.

It's funny. I look at those pics of Travis, and I am reminded of this song from the musical Grease:
Look at me
there has to be
Something more than what they see
Wholesome and pure
Oh scared and unsure
A poor man's Sandra Dee

Sandy, you must start a new
Don't you know what you must do?
Hold your head high, take a deep breath and sigh
Good bye to Sandra Dee
To me, the character of Travis is a poor man's Emmett. I can't see him any other way.

Travis is an imitation of something, and if the series was not ending in the next 10 episodes, I would suggest that they reinvent the character or Travis or get rid of him altogether.

It's awful to be an imitation of someone else. The character of Travis Barnes needs to be his own man, not a poor man's Emmett Bledsoe.
Old 04-17-2016, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Yeah.

It's funny. I look at those pics of Travis, and I am reminded of this song from the musical Grease:
Look at me
there has to be
Something more than what they see
Wholesome and pure
Oh scared and unsure
A poor man's Sandra Dee

Sandy, you must start a new
Don't you know what you must do?
Hold your head high, take a deep breath and sigh
Good bye to Sandra Dee
To me, the character of Travis is a poor man's Emmett. I can't see him any other way.

Travis is an imitation of something, and if the series was not ending in the next 10 episodes, I would suggest that they reinvent the character or Travis or get rid of him altogether.

It's awful to be an imitation of someone else. The character of Travis Barnes needs to be his own man, not a poor man's Emmett Bledsoe.
Haha it does
Old 04-18-2016, 06:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I don't remember Daphne saying that she was different from Travis, but I may have missed that.
yes, she did say it. I remember it well not because of rewatching but because ever since hearing her explanation it has always bugged me because it seemed so out of the blue

And oh yeah I definitely have taken a notice to Travis's personality traits and anger is among the top 3. The way he seems to be such a compassionate and caring character in one episode, he's absolutely angry and vengeful in the next and makes him so hard to read (at least for me)
Old 04-19-2016, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
yes, she did say it. I remember it well not because of rewatching but because ever since hearing her explanation it has always bugged me because it seemed so out of the blue

And oh yeah I definitely have taken a notice to Travis's personality traits and anger is among the top 3. The way he seems to be such a compassionate and caring character in one episode, he's absolutely angry and vengeful in the next and makes him so hard to read (at least for me)
Yeah so true
Old 04-24-2016, 07:34 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

Interesting!

Sometimes I wonder what the writers are doing, especially when they switch directions so quickly.

The writers have really stumbled upon finding a love interest for Daphne. I wonder what they were thinking would be her arc, when the series first premiered. Did the writers believe that they would ultimately pair Daphne with someone like Travis, in the beginning? Or did they always know it would be someone like Mingo?

For some reason, Mingo doesn't ring true to me, as a Daphne pairing. If it was real life, I don't believe Daphne would choose someone like Mingo.

And Travis IS too angry for her, unless he changes.

I feel like the character of Daphne is meant to marry and have children, but I am not sure with whom she is meant to share that.
Old 04-24-2016, 09:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Interesting! Sometimes I wonder what the writers are doing, especially when they switch directions so quickly. The writers have really stumbled upon finding a love interest for Daphne. I wonder what they were thinking would be her arc, when the series first premiered. Did the writers believe that they would ultimately pair Daphne with someone like Travis, in the beginning? Or did they always know it would be someone like Mingo? For some reason, Mingo doesn't ring true to me, as a Daphne pairing. If it was real life, I don't believe Daphne would choose someone like Mingo. And Travis IS too angry for her, unless he changes. I feel like the character of Daphne is meant to marry and have children, but I am not sure with whom she is meant to share that.

I thought that was a reason to put Travis with daphne to make him decent with her. Instead of angry
Old 05-01-2016, 02:44 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~AnastasiaGrey~ (View Post)
I thought that was a reason to put Travis with daphne to make him decent with her. Instead of angry
And I guess that worked. Sort of. Travis did become more decent, while he was with Daphne. But their relationship was so short-lived. I remember being worried if Travis would let Daphne go, when she broke up with him to flirt with Noah. I wondered if Travis would retaliate, and I took note that he didn't. I suppose Travis became even more decent, while he was with Mary Beth, but I still did not feel like he treated either woman well. He tried, and he had moments of real sweetness. But Travis also had moments of disrespect that I did not like.

Daphne broke up with Travis, because he was an angry guy. So their relationship didn't quite redeem him.

I still wonder what sort of "end-game" the writers envisioned for Daphne in the romance department, when the series premiered.
Old 05-01-2016, 09:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
And I guess that worked. Sort of. Travis did become more decent, while he was with Daphne. But their relationship was so short-lived. I remember being worried if Travis would let Daphne go, when she broke up with him to flirt with Noah. I wondered if Travis would retaliate, and I took note that he didn't. I suppose Travis became even more decent, while he was with Mary Beth, but I still did not feel like he treated either woman well. He tried, and he had moments of real sweetness. But Travis also had moments of disrespect that I did not like. Daphne broke up with Travis, because he was an angry guy. So their relationship didn't quite redeem him. I still wonder what sort of "end-game" the writers envisioned for Daphne in the romance department, when the series premiered.

I just wish they wrote it better