Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-30-2014, 07:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥Twilighter Tee♥ (View Post)
Well in this case Emmett kind of had to tell Bay because everyone else knew. So I would of thought that they would of done something different and had Bay tell him
If Bay's night with Emmett makes her realize that she needs to break off her romantic relationship with Tank, then it seems rather cruel and unnecessary to tell Tank that she and Emmett slept together. It's enough to tell Tank that she realizes she still has feelings for Emmett.

I could possibly see Bay telling Tank more, because she might choose to put honesty as a higher moral principle than compassion. But, hopefully, for Tank's sake, Bay will rank compassion a little higher. Bay is a compassionate person.

But then, if that is true, we are left with the dilemma of how will Tank find out the truth? I seriously doubt anyone witnessed what Bay and Emmett did. Emmett isn't going to tell Tank, although I would love a scene where Emmett meets Tank and appraises him and the situation.

I remember how Emmett gave Noah the "stink eye" as Noah called it. I don't see Emmett being too happy to learn that Tank depledged his fraternity for Bay. It seems that Bay, like Daphne, always has a string of guys interested in her, probably much to Emmett's chagrin.

I don't really see anyone else telling Tank, although many people may know that Bay and Emmett were gone all night. I suppose Bay might tell Tank the truth, in the interest of being honest, especially if Tank asks her why she never answered any of his texts.

This article, and pretty much EVERY article I have ever read on the subject, advises cheaters to NEVER tell:

Why We Have Affairs — And Why Not to Tell - TIME

But who knows what Bay might do. I am really curious if she will tell Tank.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:35 PM
Addicted Fan

Honesty is a great policy but confessing to cheating is also incredibly selfish. Sometimes ya gotta think of the other person.. Should you burden them with the pain of your mistake? IMO, Bay shouldn't do that, she should just be honest about her feelings for Emmett and leave it at that with Tank. Some things are better left unsaid.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:27 PM
Supreme Fan

Seems like a double-edged sword. Because by using that exact logic, Emmett didn't have to confess his own cheating to Bay. They both cheated. Just because now Bay cheated WITH Emmett doesn't mean that Tank doesn't deserve the truth. Emmett confessed, and then Bay was able to decide accordingly how she wanted to go forward. She opted to end it. If Bay confesses to Tank what happened, than he deserves that same right to end it as well. Circumstances being slightly different, he still deserves it. Better to deal with the pain right then so that Tank can move on, than to have him find out later.

Emmett and Simone tried the whole "Let's not tell them what happened" thing with Toby and Bay. It still blew up and hit them harder.

Deception by omission is not necessarily a good thing either. If Bay truly values what she and Emmett did that night, then telling Tank wouldn't spoil it. It would only convey the depth of what she still feels for somebody else. Tank will get it. It will hurt, but he will get it. He just deserves to find out the big picture from the girlfriend who cheated on him. This will show that Bay has grown up in the past season. If she's grown up, then she will own up to what she did, tell him everything. Apologize for hurting him, but tell him it's over. IF she is honest, they could still be friends. I like their friendship.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 04-04-2014, 07:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
Seems like a double-edged sword. Because by using that exact logic, Emmett didn't have to confess his own cheating to Bay.
To me, it's not a double-edged sword, because Emmett should never have had to confess his cheating to Bay either. In my opinion, the only honorable reason for Emmett to confess is because Bay was going to find out from someone else. Any other reason would smack of selfishness on Emmett's part.

Quote:
They both cheated. Just because now Bay cheated WITH Emmett doesn't mean that Tank doesn't deserve the truth.
To me, it's not a matter of Tank deserving the truth. To me, Tank would be punished with the truth, if Bay confessed. Whether Bay wants to stay with Tank and build a life with him or whether she wants to end her relationship with Tank, either way, the honorable, moral, noble thing in my estimation is to keep the truth from him. Anything else is cruelty without justification.

In my opinion, the truth (from Bay) can do no good for Tank, under any circumstances, unless he was going to find out the truth from another source.

Quote:
Emmett confessed, and then Bay was able to decide accordingly how she wanted to go forward. She opted to end it. If Bay confesses to Tank what happened, than he deserves that same right to end it as well. Circumstances being slightly different, he still deserves it. Better to deal with the pain right then so that Tank can move on, than to have him find out later.
Once someone does know the truth, then of course, that person has the right to end the relationship. But people in relationships have secrets between them. Total honesty is not even the ideal, in my estimation. Compassion is the ideal.

Quote:
Emmett and Simone tried the whole "Let's not tell them what happened" thing with Toby and Bay. It still blew up and hit them harder.
I do not see as it hit Simone and Emmett any harder than if they had returned from the basketball tournament and immediately confessed. I feel the outcome was the same, despite their waiting a couple of weeks to admit to the deed.

Quote:
Deception by omission is not necessarily a good thing either. If Bay truly values what she and Emmett did that night, then telling Tank wouldn't spoil it.
Now, I DO agree with this statement. Confessing to Tank wouldn't spoil, or even touch, what Bay shared with Emmett. The two relationships are separate. Bay's relationship with Emmett will either survive or fail on its own merits.

Quote:
It would only convey the depth of what she still feels for somebody else. Tank will get it. It will hurt, but he will get it. He just deserves to find out the big picture from the girlfriend who cheated on him. This will show that Bay has grown up in the past season. If she's grown up, then she will own up to what she did, tell him everything. Apologize for hurting him, but tell him it's over. IF she is honest, they could still be friends. I like their friendship.
If Bay tells Tank she still has feelings for Emmett, Tank will get it, whether Bay tells him about the sex or not.

Bay does need to grow. In my opinion, she doesn't need to own up to the sex, but she does need to own up to her feelings.

The truth that matters to Tank is how Bay feels. If Bay honestly loves Tank, then to me, it is better for both Bay and Tank if the sex act is never revealed to Tank.

If Bay honestly loves Emmett, then to me, it is ALSO better if the sex act is never revealed to Tank. It is enough for Bay to tell Tank she is still in love with Emmett.

If Bay doesn't know how she feels, then she needs to own up to that, too. She should clearly tell both men that she is not ready for a relationship with either of them.

I like Bay and Tank's friendship, too. If his feelings for her were never that deep, perhaps they can be friends. If his feelings for her were deep, then it will probably hurt him too much to remain her friend. It will be interesting to see how it all unfolds.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:46 PM
Supreme Fan

Given how love interests disappear on this show, it wouldn't surprise me if we don't see him much anymore. I liked their friendship and I would've truly liked their relationship if the writers had put more into it and made it believable. I don't like that he was pretty much just a speedbump for Emmett/Bay's inevitable reconciliation.

Quote:
I do not see as it hit Simone and Emmett any harder than if they had returned from the basketball tournament and immediately confessed. I feel the outcome was the same, despite their waiting a couple of weeks to admit to the deed.
I meant it hit Toby and Bay harder.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 04-05-2014, 10:01 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I meant it hit Toby and Bay harder.
I so wish we knew more about how Toby found out. Did Emmett tell him, when Toby came up to compliment the sound at the prom? Did Bay or Daphne tell Toby, when they returned home after the prom? Did Wilke break the news to Toby? Did Simone somehow get the chance to be the one to tell him? Doubtful, but it certainly would have been better for Toby to hear it from her.

I wonder if we will ever find out how it happened. I do believe you are right that it hit Toby harder, but I feel like that may be because he didn't find out from Simone. It's difficult to determine without more information.

As for Bay, I personally don't think it would have been any easier for her to hear it from Emmett, when he first returned from the basketball tournament. It could be that she hurt a little bit more thinking about her interactions with Simone during the Dawn of the Deaf movie shoot. But I think Bay was completely gutted and devastated, and she would have felt that way no matter when she was told.

It's nice to think it would have hurt Bay less if Emmett had come home from the basketball tournament and immediately told her, "I slept with Simone last night." But I don't really think it would have hurt Bay any less.

I think Tank will hurt if he is told, too. It doesn't really matter when it happens. It will hurt him, if he knows.
Old 04-05-2014, 04:42 PM
Supreme Fan

Yeah it will. I just wish that Bay could be straight with him and tell him. Not to hurt him, but just to be truthful and to maintain a pretty cool friendship. I really want them to be friends. Should've been how they kept it. Too bad that Daphne couldn't meet a guy like Tank. She just seems to fall for the wrong guys ... and pretty much ignores the decent ones. I don't want Daphne to date Tank ... we already dealt with the first Bay then Daphne issue with Noah. Who disappeared . I'm wondering if Campbell and Jorge will disappear too eventually.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 04-08-2014, 03:54 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah it will. I just wish that Bay could be straight with him and tell him. Not to hurt him, but just to be truthful and to maintain a pretty cool friendship. I really want them to be friends. Should've been how they kept it. Too bad that Daphne couldn't meet a guy like Tank. She just seems to fall for the wrong guys ... and pretty much ignores the decent ones. I don't want Daphne to date Tank ... we already dealt with the first Bay then Daphne issue with Noah. Who disappeared . I'm wondering if Campbell and Jorge will disappear too eventually.
I have the sense that out of all the guest stars the producers would like to hang on to Max. He seems to be getting along really well with the cast and crew. I don't think they ever intended for him to last beyond Season 3B, but if he really makes a home for himself, maybe they will. They are keeping Mary Beth around, at least for the time being, so they do sometimes bring on guest stars that stick around for a while.

How will Tank relate to the other characters though? J & K really liked him. Would he continue to build a relationship with them, if he is not "with" Bay. Daphne liked him, too.

Would Tank stay friends with Bay? Maybe? I don't know. Will Tank become friends with Mary Beth (and maybe Travis)?

I wonder if any of the teens will end up going to Tank and Mary Beth's college.

I feel as though both Campbell and Jorge will be gone after Season 3B, but who knows. I do think Daphne will continue pursuing becoming a doctor. I see that as the future meant for her.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:59 PM
Elite Fan

I don't know.

I'm not sure how Tank will fit into the SAB world post-Bay. Unless he makes connections with other characters, it would feel like he is just there to give Bay/Emmett angst.

I guess they could always go the Mary Beth/Tank route, but unless Mary Beth starts to spend time with him, I don't see there being a sudden change of feelings between her and Travis.

Unless Travis self-destructs and does something stupid and Mary Beth finds herself drawn to Tank.

I don't know.
Old 04-14-2014, 03:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
I don't know.

I'm not sure how Tank will fit into the SAB world post-Bay. Unless he makes connections with other characters, it would feel like he is just there to give Bay/Emmett angst.

I guess they could always go the Mary Beth/Tank route, but unless Mary Beth starts to spend time with him, I don't see there being a sudden change of feelings between her and Travis.

Unless Travis self-destructs and does something stupid and Mary Beth finds herself drawn to Tank.

I don't know.
Yeah, I am with you. I feel as though the writers wrote themselves into a corner with Tank. We'll have to see what happens, but I don't see anything coming from his character that I would enjoy.
Old 04-14-2014, 03:37 PM
Addicted Fan

eh i think tank will leave eventually just like all the other guest stars.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:45 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yeah, I am with you. I feel as though the writers wrote themselves into a corner with Tank. We'll have to see what happens, but I don't see anything coming from his character that I would enjoy.
Agreed. Considering it seemed like Tank was feeling way more for Bay, it would be awkward to watch them be friends again. I mean assuming he's still hung up on her.

Quote:
eh i think tank will leave eventually just like all the other guest stars.
Me, too.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

That is why i wish they just left them as friends and now it seems liek there isnt much for Tank to do.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥Twilighter Tee♥ (View Post)
That is why i wish they just left them as friends and now it seems liek there isnt much for Tank to do.
Yes, that is the drawback. Tank probably would not have stayed on the show past 3B anyway, but their romantic entanglement sure does mess up their friendship.

Tank's character is sure to provide some guilt for Bay and some uneasiness for Emmett, though. I hope the writers allow us to see that.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:00 PM
Elite Fan

I wish the show had left them as friends, too, because I don't see the fallout being pretty.

I guess Tank could end up coming out okay. Maybe he does something mean at first but then makes up for it, but I don't know.

I agree Tank probably wouldn't have stayed past 3B anyway, but it would have been nice for Bay to have a guy in her life who was just a friend. Emmett was different; he was an ex. As such, there would always be a boundary between them, but had Tank stayed a friend, he could have been just that. No boundaries or awkwardness.

Unfortunately that didn't happen.