Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-15-2014, 09:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
I wish the show had left them as friends, too, because I don't see the fallout being pretty.

I guess Tank could end up coming out okay. Maybe he does something mean at first but then makes up for it, but I don't know.

I agree Tank probably wouldn't have stayed past 3B anyway, but it would have been nice for Bay to have a guy in her life who was just a friend. Emmett was different; he was an ex. As such, there would always be a boundary between them, but had Tank stayed a friend, he could have been just that. No boundaries or awkwardness.

Unfortunately that didn't happen.
Yeah and obviously it was clar as day he was into Bay more than she was into him.. and it understandable she is still in HS and he is still in college there are going to be differences anyway
Old 04-17-2014, 06:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥Twilighter Tee♥ (View Post)
Yeah and obviously it was clar as day he was into Bay more than she was into him.. and it understandable she is still in HS and he is still in college there are going to be differences anyway
I think they are only a year apart, so it's not so much him being in college and her not. She's been with an older guy before. It's more she just wasn't as into him as he was into her.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
I think they are only a year apart, so it's not so much him being in college and her not. She's been with an older guy before. It's more she just wasn't as into him as he was into her.
Ok what I mean is that their mindset are different because of that though . I dated someone who was two years younger than me. and his mom though that wouldn't work out because we are different points in our lives. Now granted Bay is getting ready to go college... Alot of experiences are still developing where is Tank seems past that..... already and to some degree it has been clashing just a little given how Tank reacts to things
Old 04-22-2014, 02:55 PM
Elite Fan

I guess.

I think they are just different people regardless of age and/or experiencing and they are clashing because of that. Coupled with it didn't feel like Bay was as into Tank as he was into her and it was doomed to fail.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:20 PM
Addicted Fan

I really do like Tank, he is a good guy despite having some obvious flaws. He said so himself, he's not experienced with love and Bay will be an experience for him. He really does like her and he'll get hurt. Hopefully he'll learn something out of this, not to make a big decision like quitting his frat over a girl he just met.Not to mention, experiencing the hurt of getting cheated on. This experience might make him bitter if you ask me.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't think it will.. He also has to know that Bay is still learning so much and yes he was a part of it, but not enough to go a full fledge relationship with.
Old 06-23-2014, 04:48 AM
Master Fan

I wonder if Tank will know by Bay or by John she's back with Emmett. Imagine the scenario in the coming episode : John knows that Bay wanted the morning after pill and he probably believes it was with Tank. He meets Tank, maybe involuntary (Tank comes in their house to see Bay for instance), then John can't help to start lecturing Tank on the virtues of contraception and mentions that Bay wouldn't need MAP if they take precautions.... And Tank will understand that Bay cheated before Bay had time to talk to him.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:28 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucresiare (View Post)
I wonder if Tank will know by Bay or by John she's back with Emmett. Imagine the scenario in the coming episode : John knows that Bay wanted the morning after pill and he probably believes it was with Tank. He meets Tank, maybe involuntary (Tank comes in their house to see Bay for instance), then John can't help to start lecturing Tank on the virtues of contraception and mentions that Bay wouldn't need MAP if they take precautions.... And Tank will understand that Bay cheated before Bay had time to talk to him.
That's the way I believe it may go down tonight.

However, that entire scenario can unfold without either John or Tank ever figuring out that it is actually Emmett who has triggered Bay's need for a morning after pill.

When John learns it was not Tank, will John pressure Bay into telling him who did spark Bay to seek out (and take) a morning after pill?

There is that split second scene in the promo when Bay is crying, and I wonder if that is the moment when John might force Bay to tell him.

I am anxious to see how it all unfolds.

And I am wondering, IF Bay tells John that Emmett is the one who caused her need for a morning after pill, will John come down on Emmett as hard as he comes down on Tank?

Or will John already have gotten out all of his anger on Tank, allowing Emmett off the hook?
Old 06-23-2014, 07:54 AM
Elite Fan

I think it'll happen that way too.

Bay will have broken up with Tank, but not told him the entire truth, redacting the Emmett sex parts.

Tank, thinking he can change Bay's mind about the break up, goes to her house only to find John who is upset and lecturers him, but obviously Tank knows he never slept with Bay hence coming to the conclusion that she cheated.
Old 06-23-2014, 04:45 PM
Master Fan

What does everyone think about this question that I posed?
And I am wondering, IF Bay tells John that Emmett is the one who caused her need for a morning after pill, will John come down on Emmett as hard as he comes down on Tank?

Or will John already have gotten out all of his anger on Tank, allowing Emmett off the hook?
I'm really curious if Tank is going to be the one that bears the brunt of all of John's wrath.
Old 06-23-2014, 04:51 PM
Elite Fan

I don't know.

I think John feels more comfortable with Emmett, so he might come down less hard but make it known to Bay that while he cannot stop Bay from having sex with anyone, he wants her to make safer choices in terms of birth control and contraceptives.

To answer your question, I think Tank will get the brunt of it.
Old 06-23-2014, 06:59 PM
Addicted Fan

Man, Tank really got dumped on majorly tonight. First by Bay then by John. To find out from your ex girlfriend's father that she cheated on you. Ouch. Even more so when Bay found out that Tank is aware she cheated, brutal as hell. I hope in time Bay will be able to forgive herself for this, along with Tank because hanging onto bitterness isn't healthy.
Old 06-23-2014, 08:08 PM
Supreme Fan

Felt bad for Tank - he didn't deserve that. He sure didn't deserve to be cheated on. Bay deserved what he said to her, especially when he asked her if Emmett could've said anything at the time that would've made the cheating okay. When he brought up the two options - the military guy who pretended to cheat on her, and the one who actually did, you could tell his point hit home. He's the one who kept his word - he never cheated on her.

Bay didn't even want to look at Emmett afterward, so why should Tank hang around? Max is a great actor.

I wish Bay could've been honest with him. The truth always comes out eventually, and she really didn't do him or herself any favors. Unfortunately, it just made things worse - because the way the truth came out made it even harder. I was hoping they could keep their friendship, but it's doubtful now .
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 06-23-2014, 09:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
Felt bad for Tank - he didn't deserve that. He sure didn't deserve to be cheated on. Bay deserved what he said to her, especially when he asked her if Emmett could've said anything at the time that would've made the cheating okay. When he brought up the two options - the military guy who pretended to cheat on her, and the one who actually did, you could tell his point hit home. He's the one who kept his word - he never cheated on her.

Bay didn't even want to look at Emmett afterward, so why should Tank hang around? Max is a great actor.

I wish Bay could've been honest with him. The truth always comes out eventually, and she really didn't do him or herself any favors. Unfortunately, it just made things worse - because the way the truth came out made it even harder. I was hoping they could keep their friendship, but it's doubtful now .
I respect your thoughts, and a part of me wants to feel that way, too. But I don't. I really don't.

I have no problem with what Tank said to Bay. He handled the situation maturely, from the moment John told him about the emergency contraception.

But to me, keeping your word and never cheating doesn't make a character (or a human being) a great person. There's nothing wrong with keeping your word and never cheating. It's the preferable way to live. But there are other qualities I value more.

Max Adler did do a nice job in tonight's episode. I haven't enjoyed all of his moments on Switched at Birth, but I did enjoy all of his moments tonight. His performance was honest.

As for Tank, as mature as he was once John told him the truth, I did not like the way he handled the situation when Bay broke up with him at the very top of the episode.

His reaction wasn't horrible, but his self-centeredness was repulsive in that moment. And it is not the first time he has acted that way with Bay. I can understand why Bay isn't attracted to Tank.

Of course, as Bay admits to John near the end of the episode, she was self-centered herself. To me, that's a key sign that a couple is not right together. In a relationship, when one party (or both) consistently chooses to put himself or herself ahead of the partner, then it's not a good sign.

Bay and Tank did not have what it takes to be more than friends, but I am glad that the storyline took them down the romantic path that it did. I like this growth that I am seeing in Bay. And I believe Tank's character will grow from this experience, too, even if we do not see it onscreen.

On Switched at Birth, guest stars seem to have a mini-season of glory, and then, they are gone. If they happen to stick around longer (like Mary Beth), then it is just for a moment here or there. So Max Adler's Tank was never going to be an ongoing character past this season anyway. And I feel this storyline is more interesting than if Tank had just stayed Bay's friend.

I like how the writers (and actors) portrayed the Bay and Tank relationship. It's been an interesting story and a good character arc for Bay.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:16 PM
Elite Fan

I don't have a problem with what Tank said either after John told him about the morning after pill, but like you, Amy, I was bothered by the beginning.

I get Tank was hurt by Bay breaking up with him and I think people sympathize with him because Bay cheated, but I really hated him throwing the fact that he de-pledged for her in her face when she didn't ask him to do that. After she found out about the dog fight and Tank asked her to give him a chance, she never explicitly gave him an ultimatum to leave so for him to use that as leverage just felt really emotionally manipulative.

And I don't know, I feel icky about it? Like people perhaps think it's okay for Tank to emotionally manipulate her because she cheated? But two wrongs don't make a right.

Bay messed up and she deserved to hear what Tank had to dish out, but emotional manipulation is never a good way to get back at a partner. And ideally you should never get back at a partner.

I don't know. Maybe I just have my rose colored glasses on, but if you're going to do something that benefits your partner or your relationship when they never asked you to, even if it does benefit them, it's just wrong to use it as leverage so that when they hurt you, you can put yourself on a pedestal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollibear
To me, that's a key sign that a couple is not right together. In a relationship, when one party (or both) consistently chooses to put himself or herself ahead of the partner, then it's not a good sign.
Yes, agreed.