Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-06-2012, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karie83 (View Post)
I'm still too flabbergasted to even comment on this episode tonight, but could anyone point me in the direction of this spoiler thread you guys are talking about? I've searched all over the board and can't find it. Thanks in advance!
Our SAB spoiler thread can be find at the Spoiler's board here: SAB Spoiler Thread

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:53 PM
New Fan

Thank you, Clean0002!
Old 03-06-2012, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemapellemissa (View Post)
The show has been over for awhile now and I am still just sitting here - not quite able to wrap my mind around the fact that Emmett cheated on Bay. I read through the Spoiler thread earlier in the week and knew it was a possibility being discussed but I never quite accepted that it could be reality. Bay and Emmett have been my favorite part of this show from the beginning...they built them into one of the most wonderful couples on TV (in my opinion). This second half of the season they have thrown one problem after another at them to the point where I was feeling as if there was too much drama - but I kept up hope and kept trying to defend Emmett because of all the issues and difficulties he was going through. But cheating?! Really?

I am angry. Why did the show feel like it should go this route? How about a show that doesn't involve cheating...throw problems at them and give them drama - but how about the "novel" idea of keeping a couple faithful to one another even through the rough patches - ugh. I don't even know what to say anymore. I am disappointed in the show and in Emmett.

I don't know if I am even an Emmett/Bay fan anymore. I don't want her to stay with him - I think she deserves better and they should separate. Maybe in the future they could find their way back to one another.

I feel as if one of my favorite shows on TV in a very long time has been ruined - I HATE that they followed this storyline.
I'm so with you! I'm sick of writing in general perpetuating the idea that a couple has to overcome cheating to be truly truly epic! It doesn't fly with me, never has, never will! It turns me off and in the end, I usually can care less if they end up together. It's just ... wasted material on what could have been a more profound relationship exploration. Keep cheating out of it - if I wanted that, I'd engage myself in ridiculous, over the top, soap operas! LOL Which I don't.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:02 PM
Addicted Fan

So what, in Lizzy W's eyes, to the IT couple, to be epic, they can get through cheating? Perhaps in TV LAND but in real life, it wouldn't fly with me.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

It just feels like Emmit wanted a out of the relationship he hasn't been treating Bay all that good for awhile now.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Yeah, I wish he had just broken up with her then. IT's the least he could have done out of his love for her, before he went off and decided to engage in more wreckless behavior, such as a one-night stand with the gf of Bay's own brother.

Cut her loose man, don't cheat on her!

And with Simone?! Really?!

Old 03-06-2012, 08:12 PM
Addicted Fan

In that scene with the fireplace, when Emmett was speaking and obviously extremely upset, I felt for him, I was in tears watching that, I've never see Emmett so hurt, my heart went out to him but the moment I saw him in that last scene, I wanted to kill him!
Old 03-06-2012, 08:13 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, but the thing is, he doesn't want out. He wanted her to stay out of it and when she didn't, he got pissed. But I bet Bay is going to want out.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:20 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
Yeah, but the thing is, he doesn't want out. He wanted her to stay out of it and when she didn't, he got pissed. But I bet Bay is going to want out.
You were spot on, the disasterious thing happening to Emmett isn't the sex with Simone, it's losing Bay
Old 03-06-2012, 08:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

In the moment, after he found out about her involvement, he had the choice to cut her loose, though. Granted, the phone reception cut out, but he could have seen her in person. If he was that pissed she didn't stay out of it?! When you cheat, I think it is a subconscious way of either a) looking for a way out or b) just not caring and doing what pleases you. And since I don't believe it was ever really option B persay, I think choice A is the safer bet for me.

Neither are excuses by the way, just reasoning the 'reasons' behind it sometimes.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:24 PM
Elite Fan

I know. It would just make me sad if he was looking for a way out, since it really does or did seem like he loved her. But I guess he doesn't have a choice in that now, since me thinks she'll be kicking him to the curb.

The problem with this story line is now if Bay and Emmett do work it out, she'll always have to question him. And if they ever decide to revist the DEB triangle I mean it will only get worse. If he cheats once, will he cheat again?
Old 03-06-2012, 08:25 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
In the moment, after he found out about her involvement, he had the choice to cut her loose, though. Granted, the phone reception cut out, but he could have seen her in person. If he was that pissed she didn't stay out of it?! When you cheat, I think it is a subconscious way of either a) looking for a way out or b) just not caring and doing what pleases you. And since I don't believe it was ever really option B persay, I think choice A is the safer bet for me.

Neither are excuses by the way, just reasoning the 'reasons' behind it sometimes.
I don't believe Emmett wanted out, he loves her but the first thing he should of done was take some time, to get through this family thing and then pick it back up.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:26 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaybeSomeday (View Post)
I agree with everyone, cheating was just a step too far. If this was real life, I'm not sure it could work again. I mean you can forgive, but not forget ya know, there would always be paranoia and doubt.

BUT this is a tv show so I kind of just look past it and hopefully we'll get more awesome EBay later, after he grovels and she gets to be with a hottie, while Emmett watches in all his misery!!
I don't know. I loved them so much. I don't think I want them together anymore. Bay put up with his attitude and jealousy all season long...and for what? He's the one who cheated...AGAIN.

I am just SO disappointed, I can't even say how much.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:27 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
I know. It would just make me sad if he was looking for a way out, since it really does or did seem like he loved her. But I guess he doesn't have a choice in that now, since me thinks she'll be kicking him to the curb.

The problem with this story line is now if Bay and Emmett do work it out, she'll always have to question him. And if they ever decide to revist the DEB triangle I mean it will only get worse. If he cheats once, will he cheat again?
Ehh, cheating always leaves me with a bad feeling, I have no idea how Lizzy W is going to do the Ebay story line, she obviously had this up her sleeve then she obviously has more in store for them.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
^ Yeah, I wish he had just broken up with her then. IT's the least he could have done out of his love for her, before he went off and decided to engage in more wreckless behavior, such as a one-night stand with the gf of Bay's own brother.

Cut her loose man, don't cheat on her!

And with Simone?! Really?!
Yeah I know... and that is really going to hurt her, he had sex with someone she truly hates.