Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-06-2012, 08:31 PM
Addicted Fan

What Emmett did was so OUT of Character, so out of his mind, so nuts. The real emmett wouldn't do this, he wouldn't hurt the girl he loves most.

This is the only WAY I could possibly forgive him down the road for this. That's just me though.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Agreed. It went too far. Now, lets cross our fingers and pray that LW isn't bold enough to REALLY test the waters and 'make EBay withstand anything' with an unplanned pregnancy for Simone. I think I just felt bile rise in my throat with the thought, but if she has no qualms about ruining Emmett's character by turning him into a cheater, I wouldn't put anything past the writing.
I totally thought the unplanned prenancy when I was watching it. And if Simone tried to trap Toby with the baby because let's face it, they are both redheads. And then the baby turned out to be deaf and everyone found out then! Ugggh and these same types of thoughts are still coming! The show better not go in that direction! Simone better have her ass on birth control and not give Emmett an std!

Watching: Longmire Season 4...YES!
Old 03-06-2012, 08:41 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassiek (View Post)
I totally thought the unplanned prenancy when I was watching it. And if Simone tried to trap Toby with the baby because let's face it, they are both redheads. And then the baby turned out to be deaf and everyone found out then! Ugggh and these same types of thoughts are still coming! The show better not go in that direction! Simone better have her ass on birth control and not give Emmett an std!
Let's not go there, we're all upset enough as it is, especially with Ebay fans. I couldn't handle that, I'd drop the show altogether.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

we don't actually know if they slept together though..all we saw was making out.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:58 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
I'm so with you! I'm sick of writing in general perpetuating the idea that a couple has to overcome cheating to be truly truly epic! It doesn't fly with me, never has, never will! It turns me off and in the end, I usually can care less if they end up together. It's just ... wasted material on what could have been a more profound relationship exploration. Keep cheating out of it - if I wanted that, I'd engage myself in ridiculous, over the top, soap operas! LOL Which I don't.
Agreed.

And like someone else said, what message does it send out to young women? I think LW's point is people mess up and make mistakes and blah blah. Whatever.

Cheating story lines are so overdone and cliche to be honest. Bay's going to be the fool and he's going to beg and grovel and somehow she'll be made the bad guy because he was going through something. Whatever.

And it was everything leading up to this, the jealousy about Ty! I hope she laughs in his face when bringing that up. Dude was overreacting about emails. Well, I hope she continues to email Ty. Too bad Blair Redford is on TLG.

It just started to seem like a pattern of behavior for Emmett to get mad at Bay, shut down, tell her he'd talk to her later and then it was up to her to make it right. And now he's going to what? Shower her with affection? It seems so fake.

It looks like Simone was telling Wilke in the promo. And oh yeah, what about Toby? I hope the Kennish sibs give Simone and Emmett some nice withering stares. It's just gross on many levels and I'm said that the show went there.

Couples don't need to constantly be tested for it to be good, and they were being tested. His cheating shouldn't be somethign they need to overcome. Bay doesn't owe Emmett anything at this point, but if she does get back together with him he'll expect her to get over it and at some point will get annoyed with her for constantly questioning him.

That's why there is no good solution to a cheating story. No matter what happens, Emmett will always have failed in Bay's mind. And I even have to wonder if Bay is going to think would this have happened if he was with Daphne? She doesn't need to think that. She's been feeling like she was second best all of her life and not wanted; having that perpetuated by Emmett is not good storytelling in my book.

Quote:
we don't actually know if they slept together though..all we saw was making out.
Well, he took his shirt off. To me that signals more than making out or the willingness. Not to mention a sneak peek but I won't get into that as it's spoiler territory. But

Spoiler:
Old 03-06-2012, 09:05 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
Agreed.

And like someone else said, what message does it send out to young women? I think LW's point is people mess up and make mistakes and blah blah. Whatever.

Cheating story lines are so overdone and cliche to be honest. Bay's going to be the fool and he's going to beg and grovel and somehow she'll be made the bad guy because he was going through something. Whatever.

And it was everything leading up to this, the jealousy about Ty! I hope she laughs in his face when bringing that up. Dude was overreacting about emails. Well, I hope she continues to email Ty. Too bad Blair Redford is on TLG.

It just started to seem like a pattern of behavior for Emmett to get mad at Bay, shut down, tell her he'd talk to her later and then it was up to her to make it right. And now he's going to what? Shower her with affection? It seems so fake.

It looks like Simone was telling Wilke in the promo. And oh yeah, what about Toby? I hope the Kennish sibs give Simone and Emmett some nice withering stares. It's just gross on many levels and I'm said that the show went there.

Couples don't need to constantly be tested for it to be good, and they were being tested. His cheating shouldn't be somethign they need to overcome. Bay doesn't owe Emmett anything at this point, but if she does get back together with him he'll expect her to get over it and at some point will get annoyed with her for constantly questioning him.

That's why there is no good solution to a cheating story. No matter what happens, Emmett will always have failed in Bay's mind. And I even have to wonder if Bay is going to think would this have happened if he was with Daphne? She doesn't need to think that. She's been feeling like she was second best all of her life and not wanted; having that perpetuated by Emmett is not good storytelling in my book.

Well, he took his shirt off. To me that signals more than making out or the willingness. Not to mention a sneak peek but I won't get into that as it's spoiler territory. But

Spoiler:
I get people make mistakes, I don't need some damn writer trying to constantly show this!
Old 03-06-2012, 09:12 PM
Elite Fan

oh man i never post here...but the ending to the last episode really mad me just....WOW. They really went there!!
Old 03-06-2012, 09:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

I tweeted LW: "So disliking the recent "Drama Queen" attitude of S@B. Everyone likes a little drama, but not a drama queen..."

Just upset after tonight's eppy!

I don't know how Ebay can get back to where they were after all is revealed. Even if they reconcile, it'll take time. I wonder how this will affect ratings. I'm sure a lot will watch the premiere and 1st couple of eppies, but will the show be able to hold our interest???

I like a lot of things about the show, but Ebay is my #1 interest in the show. IMO --it's kinda early in the shows life to tick of your largest fan base.

Truth is --Ebay is my #1 ship! It's what I look forward to every week... or it was.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:38 PM
Dedicated Fan

Just too upset Bay will need alot of support after this.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:39 PM
Elite Fan

Well assuming there is a break up I'm sure the next half will focus heavily on Emmett trying to get her back. Probably why they did it so close to the finale.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:46 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Well assuming there is a break up I'm sure the next half will focus heavily on Emmett trying to get her back. Probably why they did it so close to the finale.
You mean the next ten episodes of SAB?
Old 03-06-2012, 09:46 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
You're probably right. It's probably why they aren't too worried about breaking Ebay up...lol They figure that we'll all stick around to watch Emmett grovel --and to see how Bay reacts...
Old 03-06-2012, 09:52 PM
Addicted Fan

I'd watch Emmett trying to get Bay back, I do love them and it'd be good drama.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:54 PM
Elite Fan

Yes. The finale is in two episodes and then they come back for ten.

What pisses me off is there are people saying they may not have had sex but to me it doesn't matter. Whatever they did in my mind crossed the line and it comes off as so disrespectful. Sex or no sex Emmett doesn't get a medal here. Sorry. He still cheated.

Last edited by Slayerfan714; 03-06-2012 at 10:08 PM
Old 03-06-2012, 10:18 PM
Supreme Fan

What hurts even more is the fact I shipped this pair SOOOO hard. Out of all the shows I watched this pair was my fav. I shipped them from episode 1 when I saw their little look I knew they would be special. That's why I never liked her with Ty. So all of that makes the cheating even harder to handle. My shipper heart has been crushed, and I don't know if it will ever be healed.