Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2014, 11:01 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
Why do I have a feeling that in the end, Rumpel will openly become the show's Big Bad?
I have no idea. Rumple is not a pleasant man and has made a plethora of bad/questionable decisions, but he's never been portrayed as an out-and-out villain.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 11-09-2014, 11:45 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter (View Post)
I have no idea. Rumple is not a pleasant man and has made a plethora of bad/questionable decisions, but he's never been portrayed as an out-and-out villain.

Yes he has. Ever since the first season. He may be a complex personality, but he has been portrayed as an out-and-out villain.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 11-09-2014, 11:54 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Yes he has. Ever since the first season. He may be a complex personality, but he has been portrayed as an out-and-out villain.
No, he hasn't. Even if some of the writers - and Robert himself - refer to Rumple as a villain, the way his character is portrayed makes him the equivalent of Severus Snape and always has. This is a subject of debate/argument for another time and place, though.
Old 11-10-2014, 12:03 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
No, he hasn't. Even if some of the writers - and Robert himself - refer to Rumple as a villain, the way his character is portrayed makes him the equivalent of Severus Snape and always has. This is a subject of debate/argument for another time and place, though.

What? Severus Snape? Good grief.

I'm curious. Was Regina ever a villainess?
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 11-10-2014, 12:14 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
So . . . you want Robin to be ideal and pretend that he is still in love with Marian . . . and that he would be able to find a way to save Marian without a true love's kiss? Sometimes, I get the feeling that many fans want the characters - especially the male characters - to always behave in an ideal manner.
Sorry. Not sure if you're a man or woman, married or single, in fantastical or fairy tale world, don't we want the characters to act in ideal manner? Isn't it why it's fairytale? In the real world, if you're a sick or dying woman, would you appreciate your husband kissing another woman?

I've also read comparison with David but David's situation was different. He was actually married to Snow but mind-warped at the time so I think I understood his actions better than Robin's actions. Just my opinion.
Old 11-10-2014, 12:33 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Sorry. Not sure if you're a man or woman, married or single, in fantastical or fairy tale world, don't we want the characters to act in ideal manner? Isn't it why it's fairytale.

No, I don't. Not for a television show that is basically for adults. Ideal characters are boring to me. If OUAT was filled with simply ideal or one-dimensionally evil characters, I would have dumped this show years ago.
Old 11-10-2014, 01:06 AM
Master Fan

Rumple has never been portrayed as an out and out villain. He's always been more neutral, and was shown to be a good man before being cursed as the Dark One. Even as the Dark One he was shown as a man struggling with the darkness brought on b the curse and the good man.

Anyway to stay on the topic of the thread.

The episode left quite the question.

What did the SQ whisper to Rumple?

If it has to do with harming Hook then how can Rumple harming Hook help him with the hat?
Unless as it was mentioned elsewhere that Rumple wants to bring Neal back and it's a life for a life?

Or what it could probably be is taking on the BF.

But I do think the SQ and the whole set up with her telling Rumple to take the world and give her SB is to throw us off. Rumple has never been shown to want to dominate. Only have the power to cast the curse and find his son.

So I think the writers want us to think Rumple has turned completely but I don't think that is what his plan is.

AS for the rest of the episode:

I didn't like the fact the they couldn't even remember the sex or age of Cinderella's baby. Has Adam even been asked that on Twitter?

Snow was too fast in keeping Neal away from Emma. It was too OOC for Snow to react like that, though she has been very , and understandably protective of the new baby.
So I didn't blame Snow, but it felt too convenient the way she responded.

I loved and was surprised by Belle's moments.

I didn't mind the Hook mirror moment. It wasn't important but since it already has been commented on I'll add my .02
I just want the writers to give Hook something else to say, the line is getting old.

A line about leather would be good

Robin owes it to Marian and Roland to find a way to break the curse. Whether or not he is still in love with her that fact is she was a woman that stood by him. She has not done anything to deserve what is happening to her. Roland doesn't deserve a father that would so easily not save a life of an innocent good person.
SO I am a bit disappointed with how the writers had Robin act.
Yes we all give into selfish desires, etc. But save Marian's life first..

Regina was great. Loved the Will/Robin conversation and what Will said to me felt so related to Rumbelle and then the next scene was Rumple so I knew it had to be for us to remember. Esp with what's going on.

Love the Henry/Rumple moment. I think Rumple may be on to you Henry.
Old 11-10-2014, 01:14 AM
Absolute Fan

Rhonwen: The gender thing re: Alexandra is an error, but, even as much of a continuity nazi as I am, I don't see it as being all that big of a deal.

To each their own, though.

BTW, thanks for backing me up on the Rumple front, off-topic though it was.
Old 11-10-2014, 04:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Must admit I thought this was going to be a filler eppy, but I thought this was a really good eppy…..

- First off snow Queen, out of Belle’s library please
- Did like the Emma and Elsa scene in the sheriff’s station, giving her a boost
- Really nice Henry/Regina scenes, did like Regina’s expression when Henry said he was getting married
- Really liked the flashbacks of Ingrid and her sisters when they were children
- OK Robin I did really like you, but grown a back bone will you!!!, you are started to slightly aggravate me, and I don’t want that.
- So Ingrid didn’t go to the ball….
- Grandpa Rumple and Henry scenes , loved Henry’s face when Rumple give him the furniture polish
- See Belle gets stuff done in 2 mins where mostly the rest of the gang takes 2 episodes, Belle gets sh1t done!!
- Ahh Charming has brought his secret weapon so he can get Rumple to agree to his plans, Belle
- I knew those handcuffs wouldn’t stand a chance against the Snow Queen, you going to have to try harder than that Emma, and Boom! That was quite a bang Emma
- FTL Rumple!!!, oh how I thee
- Oh my Ingrid’s sister , I must admit I did not see that coming….
- Regina, you shouldn’t have let your guard down there….Robin has a wife!
- OH Emma….with her booming powers, she is all alone….
- AHHHH Rumple and Snow Queen are now making a deal, Rumple what the are you up to….

Yep really good and I can’t wait for next eppy, 2 hrs!!
Old 11-10-2014, 05:48 AM
Master Fan

Last night's episode was awesome! We got some very great background and I had a feeling the Duke was a scumbag. I haven't seen the movie et; but I can get a feeling for the kind of characters the are. After seeing the episode; I looked him up and saw they we dead on in keeping him the scumbag that he is. He can be charged with murder or manslaughter over what happened and setting these current events in motion. If he's in SB, I think Emma would have no problem throwing him jail. I hope that Helga is somehow still alive, but an element of ice now cause she was awesome, along with Gerda being in SB as well. All six have to get together: Ingrid, Helga, Gerda, Elsa, Anna, and Emma; and they have to figure this thing out. Can't wait till next week.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:11 AM
Graphics Team

I've got a question though... How come Helga froze and disintegrated or whatever? As far as I know, it's never done that.
Aren't they just supposed to be frozen? I mean, that didn't happen to Anna when she got hit in the heart.
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
Old 11-10-2014, 07:23 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacquelyn (View Post)
I've got a question though... How come Helga froze and disintegrated or whatever? As far as I know, it's never done that.
Aren't they just supposed to be frozen? I mean, that didn't happen to Anna when she got hit in the heart.
Maybe emotions have to do with it. She really wanted to hurt the Duke but her sister got in the way. I doubt she really wanted to hurt Ana. Her power could be rooted in her subconscious emotions.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:58 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
Rumple has never been portrayed as an out and out villain. He's always been more neutral, and was shown to be a good man before being cursed as the Dark One. Even as the Dark One he was shown as a man struggling with the darkness brought on b the curse and the good man.

Anyway to stay on the topic of the thread.

The episode left quite the question.

What did the SQ whisper to Rumple?

If it has to do with harming Hook then how can Rumple harming Hook help him with the hat?
Unless as it was mentioned elsewhere that Rumple wants to bring Neal back and it's a life for a life?

Or what it could probably be is taking on the BF.

But I do think the SQ and the whole set up with her telling Rumple to take the world and give her SB is to throw us off. Rumple has never been shown to want to dominate. Only have the power to cast the curse and find his son.

So I think the writers want us to think Rumple has turned completely but I don't think that is what his plan is.

AS for the rest of the episode:

I didn't like the fact the they couldn't even remember the sex or age of Cinderella's baby. Has Adam even been asked that on Twitter?

Snow was too fast in keeping Neal away from Emma. It was too OOC for Snow to react like that, though she has been very , and understandably protective of the new baby.
So I didn't blame Snow, but it felt too convenient the way she responded.

I loved and was surprised by Belle's moments.

I didn't mind the Hook mirror moment. It wasn't important but since it already has been commented on I'll add my .02
I just want the writers to give Hook something else to say, the line is getting old.

A line about leather would be good

Robin owes it to Marian and Roland to find a way to break the curse. Whether or not he is still in love with her that fact is she was a woman that stood by him. She has not done anything to deserve what is happening to her. Roland doesn't deserve a father that would so easily not save a life of an innocent good person.
SO I am a bit disappointed with how the writers had Robin act.
Yes we all give into selfish desires, etc. But save Marian's life first..

Regina was great. Loved the Will/Robin conversation and what Will said to me felt so related to Rumbelle and then the next scene was Rumple so I knew it had to be for us to remember. Esp with what's going on.

Love the Henry/Rumple moment. I think Rumple may be on to you Henry.
I loved him giving Henry furniture polish and Henry's expression! You can't kid a kidder young Henry!

I loved the background story and it explains so much! The Snow queen is trying to recreate her family with sisters that have magic like her so they won't judge her! Bad move Elsa and Anna's future mom!

Rumple never said anything about leaving or wanting world domination! The Snow Queen said he wanted that. He may want it all but he knows Belle would not want him to abandon the town even if it gives him bad memories! He would never leave without her anyway!

Does the hat secret involve Hook? No, I think it involves the fairy but until we see more I am reserving judgment!

I think the writers are trying to throw us off as well!

I do think Will's words are related to Rumbelle. Both Rumple and Regina and even Hook fall under those words, especially Rumple. Maybe that is their way of reassuring us Rumbelle will be alright and get through this!
Old 11-10-2014, 08:31 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Thanks for having me picture Robert and Alan Rickman at the same time. Now my concentration for the days is totally wrecked. (But in a good way) 😜

Anyway - Rumple reminded me of karate kid with all the chores he was having Henry do.

I hate that everyone seems scared of Emma all of a sudden.

That did seem out of character.
Regina Robin
"Sometimes the best teacup is chipped."
Old 11-10-2014, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
His pleasantness is not the issue. Rumple is a complex man with varying motivations, but that doesn't take away from his portrayal as a villain since the pilot. Explaining the background of the character just adds dimension.

But his actions repeatedly have been vile villainous ones and his suave mannerism and dashing suit can't hide that.

Quote:
Why do I have a feeling that in the end, Rumpel will openly become the show's Big Bad?
Completely agree and "the final battle" will reach it's climatic point in the story. Which is one of the reason, Emma as savior has been mentioned time and again. To remind the audience of its prophecy since the pilot.

Last edited by CityGal; 11-10-2014 at 09:10 AM