Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2014, 09:05 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadie_DK (View Post)
First episode that I did not like Snow much! Her reaction to Emma's powers was very OOC, many be because Neal is a baby but she jump in a portal to follow Emma in S1! I'm not a mom so I dont know if new moms would feel protective of the baby from a much older child.

I don't know if I like the Outlaw Queen kiss after Will and Robin's conversation. I know Will said you fight for your true love when you find it but they just talked about Marian being the person who made Robin the man he is today and she's still deathly frozen. Instead of working to find cure for this person, he's playing darts and kept following Regina. What a stand up guy Robin is!

Hook was hysterical in front of the mirror! He was adorkable! It's his 3rd devilishly handsome line they keep giving him these lines because I think this is really how the real people behind the show feel about him. Sorry just my opinion.

I think what the SQ said to Rumple involve killing or harming Hook and that's why he said "with great pleasure." I don't think it was about removing Emma's powers. The SQ wants Emma with powers. I think Emma's tipping point for wanting the powers gone is because of almost hurting Henry.

Rumbelle was the romantic pair in this episode. They did not kiss but when Rumple covered Belle's head when all hell was breaking loose, I thought it was so sweet. And during the wide shot when Emma was running to her car, they had their arms around each other and as they slowly dropped the arms, their hands were still touching

Anyway, I'm really confused about this Frozen thing. In the movie, when Elsa hit Anna in the heart, she did not turn to ice right away and the sisters's bond and love thawed the heart and all of Anna eventually. The bond of the 3 sisters were pretty strong as Anna's and Elsa's. How come when Ingrid struck Helga she got frozen and disintegrated right away and their love for each other couldn't save Helga? Don't get it.
Hook has no magic but the Blue fairy does and she is a more likely candidate but we could all be wrong.

Maybe Elsa's magic wasn't strong enough to hurt Anna because she was oppressing it in the movie. Maybe the ribbons offered more protection than the sisters thought? I think the Snow Queen put a lot of her anger and fear into the blast but Helga stepped in front of it and got a full blast of power?
Old 11-09-2014, 09:08 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I don't know if I like the Outlaw Queen kiss after Will and Robin's conversation. I know Will said you fight for your true love when you find it but they just talked about Marian being the person who made Robin the man he is today and she's still deathly frozen. Instead of working to find cure for this person, he's playing darts and kept following Regina. What a stand up guy Robin is!

So . . . you want Robin to be ideal and pretend that he is still in love with Marian . . . and that he would be able to find a way to save Marian without a true love's kiss? Sometimes, I get the feeling that many fans want the characters - especially the male characters - to always behave in an ideal manner.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 11-09-2014, 09:11 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadie_DK (View Post)
I'm really confused about this Frozen thing. In the movie, when Elsa hit Anna in the heart, she did not turn to ice right away and the sisters's bond and love thawed the heart and all of Anna eventually. The bond of the 3 sisters were pretty strong as Anna's and Elsa's. How come when Ingrid struck Helga she got frozen and disintegrated right away and their love for each other couldn't save Helga? Don't get it.
Elsa may have been lonely, but she knew Anna loved her without physical representation. Ingrid, on the other hand, was so infected by paranoia and fear that, without the ribbons she so eagerly traded away, her sisters' love for her couldn't compensate, and ultimately turned into the same fear she'd been consumed by most of her life.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 11-09-2014, 09:29 PM
Loyal Fan

I like the dynamic they put into the story tonight.

I think the SQ is totally playing Emma and her family... I feel sorry for what happened to SQ with her sister, but enough of this messing up other people's lives. I hope we'll get a nice twist to find out why the SQ honed in on Emma years ago and how she believes Emma will help her now.

I also fear that the Snow Queen's secret whisper to Rumple had to do with Hook... he seemed just way too happy about "dealing" with whatever she told him. :O
Old 11-09-2014, 10:02 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I also fear that the Snow Queen's secret whisper to Rumple had to do with Hook... he seemed just way too happy about "dealing" with whatever she told him. :O

How is Hook going to help Rumpel achieve power outside of Storybrooke?
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 11-09-2014, 10:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I felt bad for Ingrid's fate. A tragic conclusion to the relationship between the three sisters. Now as the SQ there appears to be no turning back.

I thought Hook's line in the mirror was comical. Nothing to be taken so seriously.

I understood Snow's reaction to Emma. It was not about fearing Emma or her magic, it was the fact that the magic use appeared to be out of control. David|Charming is her husband, of course she would react or have second thoughts about leaving baby Neal in her care while she is in such a state. And even then, Snow's first instinct was to embrace how Emma would feel rejected when she took blame and said they did not need some mirror to turn on each other.

I LOVED the Regina & Henry scene when he was getting dressed up to go work at Grandpa Gold's - I am getting married!

Sadly, I am probably one of the few OQ fans not happy with the context of that kiss. I do not like the underlying insinuation that adultery is excusable 'in the name of true love.'. Robin did cheat on his wife this episode because as far as she is still aware he is honoring his vows to her and there has been no separation between the two yet.

I am sure the idea behind Will's conversation with Robin Hood was to show him conflicted but when it reminisces about how his wife is the reason he is the good man he is today and she refused to give up on him (became a thief who steals from the rich and gives to the poor) it backfired.

All my sympathy reverted over to Marian, who lays frozen on the verge of dying, while her husband is questioning saving her life and kissing another woman. If he was having second thoughts about standing by his vows, he could have at least waited until Marian was saved, she was told the truth, and there was a mutual break-up. I guess this is what happens when a Robin POV and OQ story needs to be crammed to fit inside the Frozen storyline.

Um, and when did 'Alexandra' become 'Alex'??? (Cinderella|Ashley's baby)

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 11-09-2014 at 10:11 PM
Old 11-09-2014, 10:10 PM
Absolute Fan

^ This isn't the first time we've seen adultery 'excused' by True Love. It happened in Season 1 with David/Charming, Mary Margaret/Snow, and Kathryn/Abigail.
Old 11-09-2014, 10:18 PM
Extreme Fan

My thoughts on tonights episode.

I absolutely loved how much Belle there was in this episode and how she interacted with tons of others rather than just Rumple (though I did 'aww' in their small moments)

I thought Hook's arrogant comment was hillarious. It really has become a tongue-in-check thing with the writers. Perhaps with good reason because the actor playing Killian is that beautiful (in a manly way of course, maybe ).

Though I did have a moment of really guys with the mirror. Shouldn't they have figured out it wasn't the right one pretty quickly based on what Belle said about it last episode. Too much pretty, not enough brains

I'm wondering what the SQ did to mess up Emma's magic. She is definitely playing her like chess piece. I wasn't surprised by Snow's response vis-a-vis her little Neal. New moms are pretty overprotective and she felt bad about it. It was still very painful for Emma though.

I wish that they hadn't made such a mess of Outlaw Queen by playing around with an epic love story (Robin Hood & Maid Marian). I do think that Regina and Robin have great chemistry and it was a beautiful story of giving love another chance when you lose the one that you thought you'd be with forever. Marian could have come between them without actually physically lying frozen in the storyline. Now I'm torn. What is Robin supposed to do? His wife may be possibly frozen for eternity. If they break the preservation spell it seems opportunistic. If he acts on his attraction he is a scoundrel.

I'm looking forward to watching all the inhabitants of Storybrooke start fighting with one another. Bring it!

And as for Rumple's smile at the end. What could he need to do? Some people have suggested getting rid of Hook. I could see how that would help with the Sq's plan (isoating Emma) but how could it help with Rumple's plan? Hook is hardly a magical character.

Maybe he needs to have another child. That would be pleasurable Nah, that's just wishful thinking on my part.
Old 11-09-2014, 10:21 PM
Absolute Fan

I may have missed it, but I don't recall there being any basis for these comments about Snow not wanting Emma around her brother.
Old 11-09-2014, 10:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter (View Post)
^ This isn't the first time we've seen adultery 'excused' by True Love. It happened in Season 1 with David/Charming, Mary Margaret/Snow, and Kathryn/Abigail.
Still do not like it and it does not mean I thought it was okay then either. I was glad when that story was over.

But ....

It was a completely different context. Regina and Robin are not cursed, they retain their full memories. They are not married and Regina is being cast off in the role of 'the other woman' + TL|soulmate. Snow & Charming were actually married and not committing adultery with each other. The curse robbed them of their memories and essestially forced them into an adulterous state of affairs when fake memories made Snow believe she was single to date Whale and Charming's fake memories told him he was married to Kathryn when he actually was not.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 11-09-2014, 10:29 PM
Absolute Fan

^ It's not a different context, at least not fundamentally. Yes, there was a Curse involved last time we saw this happen, but adultery is still adultery regardless of any mitigating factors.

I'm not trying to discredit your opinion, BTW; I was just pointing out that, for good or ill, it's a story motif we've seen before.
Old 11-09-2014, 10:29 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Now I'm torn. What is Robin supposed to do? His wife may be possibly frozen for eternity. If they break the preservation spell it seems opportunistic. If he acts on his attraction he is a scoundrel.

Or he can get a divorce.
Old 11-09-2014, 10:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter (View Post)
^ It's not a different context, at least not fundamentally. Yes, there was a Curse involved last time we saw this happen, but adultery is still adultery regardless of any mitigating factors.

I'm not trying to discredit your opinion, BTW; I was just pointing out that, for good or ill, it's a story motif we've seen before.
It is different because there was no real marriage between David & Kathryn. It was a sham. The curse had manipulated Snowing into believing they were committing adultery with each other. They were unconsciously aware that being with Whale or Kathryn created adultery in a fundamental sense while Robin & Regina are consciously aware of Robin & Marian as husband & wife.

Intent, or intentions, creates variations in context. For example ... pre-meditated murder vs. justifiable homicide (aka. Self defense). Fundamentally speaking, a life is taken in both instances, but the context is WAY different.

I do not want to stray off too far from the episode but I will just reinforce this. I think the kiss was inappropriate at this stage of the game. They may be able to save Marian, they may not. If the curse can be broken, dissolve the first relationship. But if nature takes its course with the curse, so to speak, and Marian dies, then sadly, that is what comes to pass. There is time later to pursue your TL|soulmate without being unfaithful to your wife.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 11-09-2014 at 10:49 PM
Old 11-09-2014, 10:47 PM
Absolute Fan

^ The AUDIENCE knew it was a sham, but that didn't make it any less real for the individuals involved.

Anyway, it's not really worth arguing over, and is borderline off-topic anyway, so let's move on.
Old 11-09-2014, 10:54 PM
Extreme Fan

Why do I have a feeling that in the end, Rumpel will openly become the show's Big Bad?