Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2014, 08:09 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace52373 (View Post)
I am not being hard on him. He bugs me! The over confident, I am God's gift to women type always does! I like men who are humble.
LOL! Aside from Archie, who might that be in SB?
Old 11-09-2014, 08:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah Charming and Rumple have confident natures.
Old 11-09-2014, 08:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
Yeah Charming and Rumple have confident natures.
And so do Robin and Will. Not about women thinking they are handsome though (not a bash on Hook just a distinction). Whale is the only other one who thinks that.
Old 11-09-2014, 08:32 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Yeah, that is what made me want to gag! Reminded me of a vain school mate who loved to look in the mirror constantly! The whole time he and Hook did that I would think, Mirror, Mirror on the wall! Who is the handsomest of all! Too much like movie Gaston for my taste! Can I not be a Hook admirerer?
You took that scene seriously? I didn't. I saw it as joke on the writers' part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
And so do Robin and Will. Not about women thinking they are handsome though (not a bash on Hook just a distinction). Whale is the only other one who thinks that.

Ever since Emma and Hook became a couple, he has received a great deal of harsh criticism. At least it seems like it to me. The idea of Emma becoming emotionally involved with Hook seem disturbing to many. Frankly, I feel more disturbed by another couple. But they are very popular with many fans right now.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.

Last edited by DR76; 11-09-2014 at 08:37 PM
Old 11-09-2014, 08:37 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
Ever since Emma and Hook became a couple, he has received a great deal of harsh criticism. At least it seems like it to me. The idea of Emma becoming emotionally involved with Hook seem disturbing to many. Frankly, I feel more disturbed by another couple. But they are very popular with many fans right now.
All the ships have had their fair share of [harsh] criticism, not just Hook. Even He-who-shall -not-be-named.
Old 11-09-2014, 08:38 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
I agree that he does get a lot. Personally I don't mind Hook or Captain Swan. He's not my favorite but I don't dislike him either. I was just saying the confidence is different.
Old 11-09-2014, 08:41 PM
Loyal Fan

Anybody else think that Elsa sister maybe in the hat?
Fan Forum Hero

I know not everybody is a Cs and I am fine with that it just I feel some fans criticize for small and rediculous things like admiring himself in a mirror or his expression on his face last week when he opened the lock. It just bugs me
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinzle (View Post)
LOL! Aside from Archie, who might that be in SB?

Rumple may seem to have confidence, but he doesn't really it is just a show. He took a lot of **** from Milah and never defended himself and never gave himself any credit. Archie is also humble and so is David. I won't say anymore since I don't want to start trouble.
Old 11-09-2014, 08:44 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
I know not everybody is a Cs and I am fine with that it just I feel some fans criticize for small and rediculous things like admiring himself in a mirror or his expression on his face last week when he opened the lock. It just bugs me
It bugs me when I can't say anything about Hook unless it is praise or I get jumped on for being a hater! I give up! Whatever happened to freedom of speech! Also, I wasn't criticizing just stating my feelings on it!
Old 11-09-2014, 08:49 PM
Dedicated Fan

First episode that I did not like Snow much! Her reaction to Emma's powers was very OOC, maybe because Neal is a baby but she jumped in a portal to follow Emma in S1! I'm not a mom so I dont know if new moms would feel protective of the baby from a much older child.

I don't know if I like the Outlaw Queen kiss after Will and Robin's conversation. I know Will said you fight for your true love when you find it but they just talked about Marian being the person who made Robin the man he is today and she's still deathly frozen. Instead of working to find cure for this person, he's playing darts and kept following Regina. What a stand up guy Robin is!

Hook was hysterical in front of the mirror! He was adorkable! It's his 3rd devilishly handsome line they keep giving him these lines because I think this is really how the real people behind the show feel about him. Sorry just my opinion.

I think what the SQ said to Rumple involve killing or harming Hook and that's why he said "with great pleasure." I don't think it was about removing Emma's powers. The SQ wants Emma with powers. I think Emma's tipping point for wanting the powers gone is because of almost hurting Henry.

Rumbelle was the romantic pair in this episode. They did not kiss but when Rumple covered Belle's head when all hell was breaking loose, I thought it was so sweet. And during the wide shot when Emma was running to her car, they had their arms around each other and as they slowly dropped the arms, their hands were still touching

Anyway, I'm really confused about this Frozen thing. In the movie, when Elsa hit Anna in the heart, she did not turn to ice right away and the sisters's bond and love thawed the heart and all of Anna eventually. The bond of the 3 sisters were pretty strong as Anna's and Elsa's. How come when Ingrid struck Helga she got frozen and disintegrated right away and their love for each other couldn't save Helga? Don't get it.

Last edited by Sadie_DK; 11-09-2014 at 09:15 PM
Old 11-09-2014, 08:51 PM
Absolute Fan

My review:
Excellent episode tonight that tied in a number of different story elements and character themes. We're definitely headed for some major craziness, and I can't wait.

I said this in her Appreciation thread, but it's relevant here as well: I liked seeing Ingrid's history in full, but she ultimately caused her own fate, as her fear and paranoia became a self-fulfilling prophecy. Gerda only saw her as a monster because she saw herself as a monster.

I get why they went the route that they did with Emma tonight, but I'm not sure they needed to so blatantly rehash the same thematic issues that she dealt with in last season's "Lost Girl", especially since she's in a far different place now than she was then. I guess it's their way of reminding us that our demons and insecurities never truly go away, but there may have been other ways to do it that didn't feel so 'dejavu-ey'.

Ingrid might think she understands and knows what Rumple wants, but I'll bet my bottom dollar that she's mistaken.

Sean McGuire, Michael Socha, and Lana Parilla killed it tonight. It might not come across often, but there's a reason Robin is Regina's soulmate: they're very similar personality-wise, and they're both also similar, personality-wise, to Will. Sean had the two best 'light-hearted' moments of the episode, first when he threw the dart to stop Will from leaving, and second when he said "Today is not one of those days" and just started snogging Regina.

Speaking of Will, we're starting to get more hints as to what happened to him and Ana after they went back to Wonderland, and I get the feeling that he might be carrying a whole lot of guilt around over whatever happened to the two of them. I also get the feeling that, for the first time, he's genuinely feeling trapped.

I don't know who they got to play the Duke of Wesleton, but kudos to them for casting somebody who not only was a dead-ringer physically, but was able to perfectly 'ape' Alan Tudyk's voice and character mannerisms.

I liked seeing Ashley again, but somebody wasn't paying attention to continuity when it comes to the gender of her baby.

Also, does anybody remember what Aurora's baby's name was? I'm trying, but I'm drawing a blank.

A part of me wishes that Emma had actually gotten to babysit her brother, because I don't think the writers really "earned" Snow's reaction to Emma's magical freak-out to the degree that they needed to. I did like that Snow realized she screwed up in reacting to said freak-out (she included David, Hook, Elsa, Belle, and Rumple in said screw-up, but it was mostly her mistake), though.

I'm so stoaked for "Smash the Mirror" next week. Based just on the promo, it sounds like one heck of a doozy of an episode, and I can't wait to see what the fallout is for all of the characters, especially since there are still 3 more episodes to follow it.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 11-09-2014, 08:52 PM
Elite Fan

I will preface with haven't seen an episode. But as a mom, I would not pass my baby (if I had a newborn right now) to my oldest child or even my own mother if they just made a bottle boil because their magic is out of control.
Old 11-09-2014, 08:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Auroras baby's name is Philip
Old 11-09-2014, 08:57 PM
Absolute Fan

^ Thanks. Makes sense that she and Phillip would make their firstborn a 'Jr.'.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor