Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2014, 12:17 AM
Extreme Fan

[QUOTE=fox24;78926279]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGal (View Post)
If you are implying the MaryMargaret/David Nolan story is comparable to Robin/Regina then I disagree to the similarity.

The premise of the show are fairytale characters and aren't those stories idealized with notions of true love and "they lived happily ever after."

Second, I find it refreshing that OUAT isn't another televised 'adult love story'. Because I'm tired of the affairs, bed hopping, easily declared "'I love you' well until the new character hottie arrives then I don't". Most televised 'adult love story' is all about the anticipation of the hookup and the first kiss, but then the relationship is over by the end of the season or until the next sweeps period

I agree with that line it's one of the many reasons I enjoy Ouat

I guess this is where we disagree. The reason I find Snow White and David so boring is that the writers don't seem to know how to write their relationship, unless it's a "fairy tale" worthy of adolescents and kiddies.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 11-16-2014, 04:55 AM
Elite Fan

I guess my husband and I have a "fairy tale" relationship only worthy of adolescents and kiddies. As did my parents and my inlaws. And so does my brother and his wife as well as my sister in law and her husband as well as most of my friends and even most of my acquaintances. Yeah Snowing is not a real adult relationship so then neither is 95% of the relationships I know. We are all just adolescents and kiddies.

I love them and find them interesting because they are more realistic than the disposable relationships of most other shows. And it is refreshing to see what happens after the marriage. But everyone has different opinions.

However just because you find something boring, you shouldn't make fun of people who like it by referring to them as children.

I personally find all of Regina's temper tantrums and crocodile tears boring but I don't slam people who find her interesting.
Old 11-16-2014, 07:57 AM
Master Fan

Fan bashing is against Fan Forum rules. If I see that I will not hesitate to bring that to the attention of Administrators to handle. If you are unsure about the rules of this board or this site all together they are at the top of the thread.
But basically do not bait people into arguments. Do not bash characters, expressing a dislike for an action etc is fine but bashing is not allowed. DO not bash characters for their likes or interpretation of the show.
Old 10-10-2015, 08:38 PM
Passionate Fan

I was rewatching this with a younger relation. We wound up discussing things we thought would have made the climax a bit better:

1) The Duke of Weselton should have been the one to shatter Helga. He could have done it deliberately or by accident. If by accident, he might not fully realize he was to blame (there are story pros and cons both ways--not realizing/being in denial makes his later fear of Elsa a bit more convincing [unless he expects her to want family revenge]).

2) The Duke should have been freaking out as he ran away and telling people Ingrid had murdered her sister with dark magic.

3) Oh, going along with this, it would help if we'd seen him make a good impression on Gerda (like Hans, he's obviously only interested in the sister closest to the throne, so he would have had every reason to be a gentleman around Gerda and maybe try to build up some points with the younger sister who could then tell Helga what a great guy he was).

4) So, when Gerda goes to the Rock Trolls, Helga's just been murdered, a dignitary from a neighboring kingdom is freaking out telling everyone a royal princess did it with black magic--which is the first their 70 year old dad has heard of magic in the family (is he an invalid of some sort? We never see him and he seems incredibly unaware of what's going on with his daughters). There may even be a war brewing with Weselton and other kingdoms if Gerda can't get a lid on things--and Gerda doesn't have any political power to override her dad and his councilors. Not to mention this is about the worst case scenario for making some very late explanations about Ingrid.

So, add all that up, and Gerda deciding to make everyone forget about Ingrid and Helga becomes a bit more of a reasonable response.

Oh, and can I say that Ingrid has pot-calling-kettle-black-itis? And a very advanced case indeed.

The woman who decided her first two sisters weren't up to snuff and who has decided to replace them is accusing Emma's parents of trying to replace her? The woman who has already played catch-and-release with one "sister" because she thought Ingrid was lying and was up to something when (as it turned out) Ingrid was lying and was up to something? Which Ingrid calls not understanding her because she's different but the rest of us would call hitting the nail right on the head?

Actually, there might not have been anything in her whole brain-game speech where Ingrid wasn't doing a better job of describing herself than the Charmings.
Old 10-10-2015, 09:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am not defending Ingrid logic but she didn't reject her sister cause they weren't up to snuff one died and the other put her in the urn. She loved her sisters if the tragedy with Helga didn't happen they would have continued to be close

Last edited by fox24; 10-10-2015 at 09:14 PM
Old 10-11-2015, 12:34 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
I am not defending Ingrid logic but she didn't reject her sister cause they weren't up to snuff one died and the other put her in the urn. She loved her sisters if the tragedy with Helga didn't happen they would have continued to be close
Anna wasn't up to snuff, and the attitude Ingrid takes to the new sisters she wants--that they have to have powers like hers to be able to understand her--to me means that she has rejected Helga and Gerda after the fact as being flawed and not what she wanted.

Or that's my take on it, that Ingrid tends to project her problems onto others.
Old 10-11-2015, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Anna I believe reminded Ingrid of Gerda. I think she wanted magical sisters cause she felt non magic would hurt in the way Gerda did.

She had a very unstable mindset until the end
Old 10-11-2015, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Anna I believe reminded Ingrid of Gerda. I think she wanted magical sisters cause she felt non magic would hurt in the way Gerda did.

Old 10-11-2015, 09:01 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)

Agreed. She was creepy in so many ways.
Old 02-09-2016, 01:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

99 Episodes in 99 Days
Episode 4x07 | “The Snow Queen” | #73
Written by: Edward Kitsis & Adam Horowitz
Directed by: Billy Gierhart
Emma captures the Snow Queen and interrogates her at the sheriff’s station. But the Snow Queen uses her prior knowledge of Emma to try to persuade her into thinking that they are more alike than she could possibly imagine. Regina and Robin Hood’s relationship grows increasingly complex as they struggle to find a way to save his dying wife, Emma begins to see what she missed out on by not growing up and being a family with Snow and Charming when she sees how involved Mary Margaret is in baby Neal’s life, and Henry begins his after school job in Gold’s shop while trying to help Regina find a clue to the identity of the author of the storybook. Meanwhile, in Arendelle of the past, we learn about the origin of the Snow Queen and her familial connection to Elsa and Anna as we see her discover her spectacular yet deadly ice powers.
Old 02-09-2016, 09:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Very emotional episode
Old 02-07-2017, 04:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Fantastic episode! I loved seeing Ingrid, Helga and Gerda's strong bond as sisters just like Elsa and Anna. What a genius backstory! Actually cried when Ingrid accidentally killed Helga. The guy who played the Duke of Weselton was on point!

Poor Emma, the scene when she accidentally destroyed the Sheriff building and hurt David. It broke my heart when Mary realised they failed Emma because they showed fear of her powers.

Regina, what a selfless person you've become! Trying to make Robin forget her and save Marian because that's the right thing to do. I couldn't be more proud of her if I tried. I liked the talk Robin had with Will. It got Robin to fight for Regina. I do so hope things work out in the end for Outlaw Queen, though they'll still have to find a way to save Marian, as it would be wrong otherwise.

Hmm, the ending with The Snow Queen and Rumple. What does Rumple really want? What would give him great pleasure the way he said that in that tone? Killing Hook is the only explanation I can think of. That was definitely an intriguing ending. Why always a cliffhanger!

One thing I was completely confused about was the sudden reappearance of Ashely (last seen in S1) and Aurora somehow in Storybrooke with her baby. Then I looked it up. And remembered there's the spin off show, Once Upon a Time in Wonderland (where I realise Will is from). But, whilst Will's inclusion to the show felt somewhat seamless, suddenly seeing Ashely again was a surprise. It's not fair, as I continue to only watch the main series that a whole other series explains those sudden reappearances. I want to know how Aurora is in Storybrooke and what happened with Ashely, Sean and their daughter Alexandra after S1. Guess I'll have to watch the spin off now before I continue in order to get my answers or else I'll stay completely confused. When was the spin off, was it after S3 and before S4 aired? Did it just run for one season?
Old 02-08-2017, 01:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Phillip and Aurora were taken to Storybrooke in the curse in season 3b, as flying monkeys. When Zelena was defeated they reverted to human and Aurora had her baby. Grumpy was talking about her at the beginning of the party in Granny's in the finalle of season 3.

Ashley had been living her happy ending in Storybrooke and the EF with everyone-else since season 1.
Old 02-08-2017, 02:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Ah, I must have missed that. I do remember that Aurora and Prince Philip were turned into those flying monkeys in S3 by Zelena, but I thought that was just in the EF, and then they were transformed back of course after Zelena was defeated. I must have missed Grumpy talking about them then. Re-watches are definitely needed, I'm bound to miss so many things with my first watch!

But we never actually got to see Ashely again until this episode. That's why I was surprised because I had almost forgotten about her!
Old 02-08-2017, 02:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Sorry double posted me!