Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2015, 01:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

Wonderful gifset! Those are all great traits for a person to have!
Old 03-17-2015, 01:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

X
Old 03-17-2015, 11:21 PM
Elite Fan

I love badass!Snow.
Old 03-18-2015, 12:22 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for all the lovely stuff. I miss badass snow
Old 03-18-2015, 02:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairy_mermaid (View Post)
Thanks for all the lovely stuff. I miss badass snow
I do think that Snow was pretty badass when she threatened to rip out the QODs' hearts. Ginny always looks so sweet, so I am always impressed when she changes her facial expressions. She seems to do it without any effort.
Old 03-18-2015, 03:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take_my_Revolution (View Post)
I do think that Snow was pretty badass when she threatened to rip out the QODs' hearts. Ginny always looks so sweet, so I am always impressed when she changes her facial expressions. She seems to do it without any effort.
Ah me too. That's why Ginny is my favorite. Her mannerisms are subtle and significant. She can convey a lot of emotion in a simple look and nod. I do think Ginny and Josh could seriously play evil versions of snow and charming. They both don't over do the dramatics but are chilling.

I saw a quote saying they loved Snow in that scene and how she was very much like a mob boss while Charming was her muscle in case something went down. It made me laugh.

Also one of the things that sold me about Ginny's portrayal as Snow was in Snow Falls. You can pinpoint the exact moment she fell for Charming. It was when Charming saves her from the black Knights & she returns. She's so grateful but when Charming reminds her about getting his stuff back. You can see the moment where she snaps out of it and tries to act cool around him.
Old 03-18-2015, 03:32 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairy_mermaid (View Post)
Ah me too. That's why Ginny is my favorite. Her mannerisms are subtle and significant. She can convey a lot of emotion in a simple look and nod. I do think Ginny and Josh could seriously play evil versions of snow and charming. They both don't over do the dramatics but are chilling.

I saw a quote saying they loved Snow in that scene and how she was very much like a mob boss while Charming was her muscle in case something went down. It made me laugh.

Also one of the things that sold me about Ginny's portrayal as Snow was in Snow Falls. You can pinpoint the exact moment she fell for Charming. It was when Charming saves her from the black Knights & she returns. She's so grateful but when Charming reminds her about getting his stuff back. You can see the moment where she snaps out of it and tries to act cool around him.
It is sad how Ginny doesn't seem to get any credit on the show. I know that the writing for Snow has been hit or miss lately, but Ginny has always delivered.

I loved that mob boss comparison. Charming has always said that Snow did the talking. I also love how Charming gave this look like "Oh, she'll do it. I've seen it happen."
Old 03-18-2015, 03:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Cam (View Post)
I love badass!Snow.
Me, too.
Old 03-19-2015, 09:38 AM
Elite Fan

Charming always has complete faith in his wife's badassery
Old 03-19-2015, 09:51 AM
Elite Fan

I guess I must live in my own little bubble because I think Ginny does get recognized for her work. She's up for awards like PCA and the Teen Choice awards. She's sent by ABC to present at the PCAs. She's sent to talk shows to promote the show. Sure there are some fans on Tumblr that prefer other characters over Snow but that doesn't mean Ginny is mistreated or overlooked by the press or general audiences.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:57 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
I guess I must live in my own little bubble because I think Ginny does get recognized for her work. She's up for awards like PCA and the Teen Choice awards. She's sent by ABC to present at the PCAs. She's sent to talk shows to promote the show. Sure there are some fans on Tumblr that prefer other characters over Snow but that doesn't mean Ginny is mistreated or overlooked by the press or general audiences.
Mhm good points actually!
Old 03-19-2015, 11:51 AM
Loyal Fan

Yeah it seems that Snow has suffered from bad writing. Her character seems to be all over the place at times. Ginny has proven that with good writing and direction she can make the character amazing. But I'm not a big fan of having to character assassinate her just to make other characters more likeable.

I personally think she does get mistreated by the writers and the fandom. How many times have I seen people go on and on and on about how fat Ginny is. Or how she's too ugly or how they actually tweeted her to die because she went to the PCA's this year. How about the - she looks like a boy. How about when the SQ's sent her death threats. Oh and then there was that lovely anon troll that was going to Pro Ginny/Snow blogs saying, I hope she has a miscarriage, she's fat & ugly, josh will cheat on her, etc.

As for the press its true because the whole show is overlooked, no one gets any recognition. As for ABC having her promote, well that's because she's " Ginnifer Goodwin", she's a household name. She's the recognizable face and the lead. Even though Jmo has her own fame, she's not as known as Ginny. Ginny's done talk shows way before Once so her PR team know how to book her. Also she's been presenting and nominated for PCA's before Once, so it's natural she gets a nod because again she's "Ginnifer Goodwin"

I know we've disagreed in the past but I still feel Ginny is disrespected and I wasn't talking about the Press because like I've said they don't really care for the show. Also there is one reviewer Lily Sparks who has written some nasty stuff about Snow/Ginny.

The way I felt a few months ago I still feel that way. I've seen nothing that has changed my opinion exept confirm it.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:45 PM
Elite Fan

You are right. We do disagree because I don't think the writing for Snow is bad or that Ginny is mistreated. It's horrible that she's had death threats. But she's not the only cast member Sean, Christie, MRJ, Michael Coleman have all had them too. ANd one of Ginny's "fans" threatened to kill Josh and the baby. So Lily Sparks doesn't like her. She doesn't like anyone but Emma and Regina. And Hilary Busis gets digs in on Charming's character in every review so it's not limited to Ginny or Snow.

Ginny may be acting but she seems very pleased with her life and job right now. So it's hard for me to be outraged on her behalf.
Old 03-19-2015, 02:11 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
You are right. We do disagree because I don't think the writing for Snow is bad or that Ginny is mistreated. It's horrible that she's had death threats. But she's not the only cast member Sean, Christie, MRJ, Michael Coleman have all had them too. ANd one of Ginny's "fans" threatened to kill Josh and the baby. So Lily Sparks doesn't like her. She doesn't like anyone but Emma and Regina. And Hilary Busis gets digs in on Charming's character in every review so it's not limited to Ginny or Snow.

Ginny may be acting but she seems very pleased with her life and job right now. So it's hard for me to be outraged on her behalf.
The whole cast has been mistreated by the fandom at one point or another, some get more hate than others Ginny, MRJ & Sean. But just because of that doesn't make it ok and it was horrible when that person was threatening Josh & the baby, I'm glad that person hasn't done anything anymore. But I still feel that Ginny/Snow is not the most but one of the most abused people on and off the show. I've seen the same people harass Ginny and if I go a day without someone saying she's fat it's a nice day.

There are like 20 more things I want to say but in the end why even. Plus I don't know why I always have these strong reactions to your comments and they always feel like a tug of war and make me feel horrible. Instead of helping me understand I feel attacked. I'm at the point where I feel like I can only say - "great episode" oh she looked great, he's hot, snowing sex. If I steer away from that than I look like I've overstepped the line.

So you like Snow's current character, great I don't. You don't think she's mistreated by anyone great I do. This isn't fun anymore. Thanks and enjoy!!!
Old 03-19-2015, 02:18 PM
Elite Fan

I don't mean to make you feel horrible. That was not my intention. My intention was to say that objectively they all get mistreated by the fans. And at the end of the day it's not worth being upset about it. But apparently my blunt speech rubs you the wrong way whenever I try to say something positive about Ginny or Snow. I will stay out of this tag so you can feel free to rant.