Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2015, 08:24 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
^^^Very well said.
Aw thanks!

I adore her character so much, her sweet nature, her faith, her optimism...

We could all use a few Snow Whites in our lives.
Old 03-09-2015, 11:44 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhRightTheConscienceThing (View Post)
I'm sorry Fairy MerMaid for your frustration.

I don't believe the writers hate Ginnifer/ Snow. Rather the opposite since they're providing a new compelling storyline with consequences for Snow and Charming to work through.

I see Once Upon A Time as a hyper exaggerated fairytale where the audience gleams hope and inspiration from its various characters and stories. In our real world, mass-murdering sociopathic individuals would be locked away. But what can I gleam from this fairytale series? Is it possible that the love of a child can turn a cold, revengeful heart to one capable of love. Yes, many of us have witnessed this to be true in the real world. And thus, one aspect of Regina's arc becomes authentic and enriching.

What will the writers convey with Snow and Charming's fresh new story arc? Is it possible to recover from an action or a mistake you made early in life ? -- made with the best intentions, but with an unexpected outcome --- And now it resurfaces and comes back to haunt you. And if so, how do you as individuals and as a couple recover from this? How do you repair any damage done? How do you heal your relationships with those affected.

It's a fairlytale so the writers are clashing "heroes" and " villains" for dramatic effect. But if this bothers you, just factor Regina and or Malificent out of the equation, and focus on the personal growth of Snow and Charming. And their relationship with Emma as this story arc includes their daughter, too.

As for internet jerks, I despise them. And we all know the reason of their hatred. Snow White interferes with their "great love story" ship. It's irrational, but scuzzy of them.

But remember, the television viewing audience loves Once Upon A Time and Snow White!!!

Otherwise, Ginnifer Goodwin would not be sent by ABC to promote the series as often as they are able.

Millions of tv viewers versus a few hundred scuzzy insane haters.

Fist Bump for Snow because her character has the love!
Thank you and I agree and disagree. I've actually tried staying away or more like I wasn't posting for months because I was frustrated with this show and the direction of it.

When I step back I completely agree with you and I totally understand as well as see the big picture. I have always felt this way about the show actually, that when seeing it through tunnel vision it makes sense and I can understand the intention. But when I pay attention and everything comes into focus it just becomes this huge mess.

I probably wouldn't be as frustrated with this storyline for Snowing if I felt that I was going to get something out of it. If I had to bet I'd say we probably won't see much of Snowing until probably now to the finale where there will be an "I'm Sorry" a hug and its over. No resolution. I feel like for me personally the direction from paper to film are not the same. It seems like the writers are biting off more than they can chew. Especially with the family, I feel like there are so many unresolved loose ends within them that they just gloss over with "its ok". It seems cheap, and I feel cheapened. I wasn't a big fan of Snow's black spot in S2, but we had more of an actual development instead of two scenes and then an I'm sorry. I'm still waiting for Snow and Emma's resolution, I mean there was a lot done between them and they just hugged in 4A. To me that isn't a real moment but glossing over the fact. But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
Are you talking about the fandom only blaming Snow or the writing on the show? I thought the writing on the show was very clear that they both were being held responsible. Cruella took both their blood as the ones who wronged her Malificient most. And the threat could be seen as made to both of them, it is just that Snowing stories are always told from Snow's viewpoint because she is one of the three leads (with Emma and Regina). Plus they are a team do a threat against Snow is a threat against both of them. As far as the fandom, I don't know because I avoid tumblr sites or tags that are anti Snow or Charming.

ETA For the record, though, Snow isn't the only one who gets hate. Some so called "Charming Family" fans who are really Snow and Emma fans have actively posted that Snow and Emma would be better off if Charming died. And the gal who does the EW recaps rips him to shreds almost every episode. It's both Snow and Charming who get hate from different parts of the fandom. One of the reasons I am so picky now about sites I visit.
I was actually talking about both, as for articles, tumblr, twitter i try to stay away from it but a few stuff has come across me, and I try to avoid it because I know a lot of it is just bitterness. I actually dont read articles, twitter is the worse. Plus there are a lot of Charming Family fans that hate Snow and would prefer Charming ditch her and it would just be Emma and Charming. I do see some Charming hate but Snow gets more of it and Charming either gets a pass because he is hot, or is labeled as dumb who just does what Snow says.

I feel like the general theme that it was both of them and they have been selling it as a Snowing thing, but as of right now we are left with Snow being the one to turn Maleficent down and when Maleficent returned Snow said to kill her and leave David alone and he doesnt say anything, therefore the writing is blaming Snow for whatever happened. Plus we've already have had the writing blame Snow for Daniel's death and painted Snow in the wrong for killing Cora. I mean how many times do we have to hear Snow call herself a brat and try to prop up the one person who took the most from her. So as of now it just seems like Snow is the one while Charming went along with it
Old 03-10-2015, 05:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

I sadly agree with Fairy Mermaid with the respect that the writers don't like Snow. A&E wanted to kill off Charming in the pilot. I don't think they wanted to give her a happy ending. On the flip side, I like the possibility of Snow rebuilding her relationship with Emma, as well as being a mom to baby Neal too.
Old 03-10-2015, 09:30 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take_my_Revolution (View Post)
I sadly agree with Fairy Mermaid with the respect that the writers don't like Snow. A&E wanted to kill off Charming in the pilot. I don't think they wanted to give her a happy ending. On the flip side, I like the possibility of Snow rebuilding her relationship with Emma, as well as being a mom to baby Neal too.
I think it would be amazing that out off all of this we finally get to good place between Snow and Emma, it is crazy to think where they are now.

x
Old 03-11-2015, 11:05 AM
Elite Fan

x
Old 03-11-2015, 01:36 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairy_mermaid (View Post)
I think it would be amazing that out off all of this we finally get to good place between Snow and Emma, it is crazy to think where they are now.

x
I am going to be like Snow and have faith that the whole Charming family will get through this.

I love how Ginny is a a huge lover of Disney. It is almost as if her playing the character of Snow White is even more magical.
Old 03-11-2015, 02:20 PM
Elite Fan

She is just so cute and adorable both on and off the show.
Old 03-13-2015, 03:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

X
Old 03-15-2015, 12:20 PM
Loyal Fan

x
i
Thanks CityGal I also love her love for Disney. If I had the finance and time I would spend all my time at Disney too. Which now I really want to go back
Old 03-15-2015, 01:27 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the gifset.
Old 03-15-2015, 02:58 PM
Extreme Fan

Source is ouatfashion on tumblr

Really loved her red jacket last ep. Happy Once Day! Fingers crossed for lots of Snow tonight.
Old 03-15-2015, 03:17 PM
Elite Fan

Red is a great color for her.
Old 03-15-2015, 03:59 PM
Extreme Fan

It is! Snow looks absolutely stunning every time she's in red.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:27 AM
Elite Fan

x
Old 03-17-2015, 09:49 AM
Elite Fan

Love those descriptions.