Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2013, 12:19 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
I can't. I admit it. I get not so happy with stuff too. I've been disappointed with a lot this year but happy with a lot too. The show isn't perfect.

I just think they weren't prepared for how popular they are and they don't know what to do because they can't or won't show them consistently happy. They're not ready to give him anything close to resembling a happy ending yet.

So maybe it's better they're apart. If they were in town we would be getting frustrated at them not being shown together.
True, at least apart we'll get a Belle storyline and it will hopefully dovetail with the JR storyline and lead into a perfect second half of the season filled with Rumbelle together onscreen - at least that's what I'm going to imagine will happen.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

It looks like I'm the only one who can stay away from spoilers spoiler free is the way to go people
Old 06-24-2013, 12:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan_RCFan (View Post)
True, at least apart we'll get a Belle storyline and it will hopefully dovetail with the JR storyline and lead into a perfect second half of the season filled with Rumbelle together onscreen - at least that's what I'm going to imagine will happen.
Me too. I'll keep my fingers crossed for that. But no way can I stay away from spoilers, especially since I really need to speculate about what Belle's going to be up to.

Quote:
It looks like I'm the only one who can stay away from spoilers spoiler free is the way to go people
Old 06-24-2013, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Sorry
Old 06-24-2013, 12:24 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
You're so right - I applaud your willpower!

Quote:
And of course when I saw Skin Deep it was on the DVD and I had no idea what was going to happen. That was fun.
I didn't know anything about SD since I had stopped watching the show for a while. I was completely mesmerized by it and now can't get enough of Rumbelle. I guess there was a lot of controversy before SD aired from people who were up in arms about Rumple playing the part of the beast. That was one example of A&E being so right about something that the fans were sure they would hate.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I wish I had your will power but I don't.

Quote:
You're so right - I applaud your willpower!

I didn't know anything about SD since I had stopped watching the show for a while. I was completely mesmerized by it and now can't get enough of Rumbelle. I guess there was a lot of controversy before SD aired from people who were up in arms about Rumple playing the part of the beast. That was one example of A&E being so right about something that the fans were sure they would hate.
I was one of those that was upset at Rum being the beast, BatB has always been my favorite fairytale and I was so afraid Once was going to mess it up with him being the beast. But boy, was I wrong... I got over my anger once I watched SD and now couldn't be happier that Rumple was the beast it made me love the story even more than i already did.

"Hey."
"Hey yourself....".
Leticia||icon by me||(x)||(ღ)
Old 06-24-2013, 12:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Sorry

Quote:
Were people upset? I didn't realize that. I think SD is the absolute best episode of the series to date. I wish they had cut out the stuff with the girls' night out and shown more FTL stuff though. But yes, it was mesmerizing. I remember rewatching it right after I saw it. There was just something so special about it.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:30 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Were people upset? I didn't realize that. I think SD is the absolute best episode of the series to date. I wish they had cut out the stuff with the girls' night out and shown more FTL stuff though. But yes, it was mesmerizing. I remember rewatching it right after I saw it. There was just something so special about it.
Yes, they were upset until they saw it. I think almost everyone was blown away by how incredible it was. I still say it's the best to date and wish they would have cut the girl's night out scenes too. They did nothing to add to the episode... we would have all preferred more FTL scenes I'm sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas4Brooke (View Post)
I was one of those that was upset at Rum being the beast, BatB has always been my favorite fairytale and I was so afraid Once was going to mess it up with him being the beast. But boy, was I wrong... I got over my anger once I watched SD and now couldn't be happier that Rumple was the beast it made me love the story even more than i already did.
I didn't know about it ahead of time but probably would have been thrilled to have him as the beast - I loved Bobby in every episode and watched mainly for him.

Last edited by Jan_RCFan; 06-24-2013 at 12:36 PM
Old 06-24-2013, 02:15 PM
Master Fan

Source: a world away from you

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 06-24-2013, 02:33 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yes, what we think will happen, often based on what they've leaked to us, does not turn out as expected. They kept telling us to watch the storyline of how Gold helps Belle get her memory back... I never expected it to be via a potion from the Blue Fairy. I thought he would be the one to accomplish this by TLK or at least by something of his own creation. As to whether or not they've slept together...

??? I guess he had some knowledge of what the script would contain since he also knew about the game-changer for him and Bae - that happens in the same scene where he leaves Belle behind.
2nd point first......I think we're talking different things. The game changer he was referring to was the incident with Whale and Bae witnessing it. The finale hadn't been written yet, so he didn't know how it was going to end. The scene with Belle is completely different.......

I don't spend much time on the way that Belle's memories returned, but something is fishy about that. It's like they started on this process and couldn't figure out how to end it. I thought Gold was going to do something to regain Belle's memories as well; we all did - A/E as much as said it. The BF potion really came out of nowhere and was disappointing - not to mention highly convenient.

Quote:
They still have the bean plant in Regina's office in SB. I'm hoping that they can grow more beans from it and then Belle can somehow be instrumental in saving Bae and in helping those on the JR return
There are no more beans, per Adam/Eddy at that convention in TX a few weeks ago, so maybe that means the plant is dead.....On the other hand, they said there were no more BEANS, not that they couldn't grow any, lol. Even so, do we know the beans go to the same place? They can't, since Neal ended up in FTL and Tamara/Greg went to NL. I want to know how on earth Gold or anyone knew they were going to NL. Didn't Gold say he could track them? Not sure how.

I REALLY want Belle to rescue Bae/Mulan/Phillip. She'd obviously recognize the latter two......what a reunion. Aww, Bae and Belle.

I had no opinion on the matter of Rumple as the Beast since I've never seen any version of the story; I just know that I absolutely ADORED Emilie and was so thrilled she was going to be on. After SD, I waited on pins and needles for eppy #14 to air ,since that was her next one.....and then for the finale.

Ah, The Dark Puppy............so sexy. Is that "GOOD BOY" OR "BAD BOY"? lol

Last edited by Betsybelle; 06-24-2013 at 02:40 PM
Old 06-24-2013, 03:11 PM
Passionate Fan

Sometimes the writers know better than the audience. I loved Beauty and the Beast, but I alao loved Peter Pan and Rumplestiltskin, so it didn't bother me with Rum being the beast, because I thought there was something special there beneath the curse, and was as happy as everyone else when I saw Skin Deep! I was already a Rumple fan, Skin Deep made me a Rumbelle fan! Anyway, they were right about that, although if Emilie and Robert didn't have the chemistry they did, it probably would not have been as good as it could have been. The writers write the lines, but it is the actors who bring it to life. If the actors clash, the story falls apart. I will give the writers their due for this one though.

As to their spoiler of watching how Gold brings back Belle, it might not have gone the way we thought, but they weren't wrong. Rumple tried true love's kiss, he backed off and gave her space, he didn't kill Hook, he told her who she was deep down during the phone call, and despite his fears of going dark, and disappointing Belle, he went dark for her, he also tried romance, and lastly, he put his trust in a fairy who he hated, and he put his trust in love, put aside his fears and came through for Belle. No, he didn't save her like we thought, but he proved how deep his love for her was. The Lacey stuff seemed pointless, until I thought about how it proved that despite how Lacey basically turned him off, he like Belle, still saw the good in Lacey and strove to bring it out even if it meant that he had to ask for help. Despite their seemingly shooting themselves in the foot, Adam and Eddy do come through and oftentimes pleasantly surprise us. I can't wait for the new season!
Old 06-24-2013, 03:14 PM
Master Fan

Source: i'm not sorry i met you, + a fanmix for the pairing of belle and...

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 06-24-2013, 03:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace52373 (View Post)
Sometimes the writers know better than the audience. I loved Beauty and the Beast, but I alao loved Peter Pan and Rumplestiltskin, so it didn't bother me with Rum being the beast, because I thought there was something special there beneath the curse, and was as happy as everyone else when I saw Skin Deep! I was already a Rumple fan, Skin Deep made me a Rumbelle fan! Anyway, they were right about that, although if Emilie and Robert didn't have the chemistry they did, it probably would not have been as good as it could have been. The writers write the lines, but it is the actors who bring it to life. If the actors clash, the story falls apart. I will give the writers their due for this one though.

As to their spoiler of watching how Gold brings back Belle, it might not have gone the way we thought, but they weren't wrong. Rumple tried true love's kiss, he backed off and gave her space, he didn't kill Hook, he told her who she was deep down during the phone call, and despite his fears of going dark, and disappointing Belle, he went dark for her, he also tried romance, and lastly, he put his trust in a fairy who he hated, and he put his trust in love, put aside his fears and came through for Belle. No, he didn't save her like we thought, but he proved how deep his love for her was. The Lacey stuff seemed pointless, until I thought about how it proved that despite how Lacey basically turned him off, he like Belle, still saw the good in Lacey and strove to bring it out even if it meant that he had to ask for help. Despite their seemingly shooting themselves in the foot, Adam and Eddy do come through and oftentimes pleasantly surprise us. I can't wait for the new season!
Skin Deep was brillliant and the writing for Rumbelle is generally very good, but I remain firmly convinced that with lesser (even if still good) chemistry, Rumbelle would be nothing more than a cult ship. Adam and Eddy knew and loved Emilie from LOST, so they knew she'd be a great Belle, but you can't predict chemistry - and not the kind between Bobby and Emilie; that's just a gift from the tv gods.

I agree with your 2nd point in terms of seeing how deep Gold's love is for Belle, but they did mislead us because in the end, it wasn't Gold who brought Belle back......though truthfully, he never gave up on her (except for a brief moment, when it truly appeared there was nothing he could do) and so that is almost as important as whether or not he was the one to complete the job. I admit that I don't understand the part in bold. I think the point of Lacey was to show and emphasize how good Belle is and how her love, faith, belief and support in Gold was vital to bringing out the good in him.

I also think that Gold could never have loved Lacey. Rumbelle love is more than “Skin Deep” and there is more to Belle, so much more, than her body and looks (which had nothing to do with why he fell in love with her in the first place). Lacey is not a bad person, but that’s not enough There’s only one woman for Gold, and that is the woman he mourned for decades, the woman who inspired TL potion, the woman who’s death caused him so much pain he needed to forget her, the woman who drove him to the edge of insanity twice in SB. He can only ever love, with his great big heart, Belle - Belle with her compassion, her kindness, her bravery, her intelligence, her desire for adventure, her boldness, her humor - and Belle with her ability to see the goodness in him, who he really is/was. I LOVE that he couldn’t fall in love with Lacey no matter how much she appeared to be Belle on the Outside. This is why he didn’t want to bring Belle back initially. Gold knows that there is more to a person than looks or even surface personality. Belle’s essence and character were buried deep within Lacey and didn’t want them to surface and have her suffer the end of the world

Last edited by Betsybelle; 06-24-2013 at 03:47 PM
Old 06-24-2013, 03:46 PM
Passionate Fan

Tftnt

Robert Carlyle | JGL | Nathan Fillion | T. Hiddles
(´∀`) vote Carlyle!
Old 06-24-2013, 03:58 PM
Obsessed Fan

I knew nothing, absolutely nothing, about the ep other than the episode description (I was mainlining the show during the S1 hiatus after the Stable Boy). Up to that point, I'd liked it, but I wasn't massively in love with it.

And then Skin Deep happened, and the only way I can describe it is that it's pretty much the closest thing to a religious experience that I've ever had in my life.

Also, the first time I ever stayed up to stream something from the US was A Land Without Magic. It was the same night we brought Hugo home.

๑۩۞۩๑ . . . Join us on the Robert Carlyle Campaign Thread!. . . ๑۩۞۩๑