Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2013, 08:28 AM
Part-Time Fan

I am hoping for a RumBelle baby some day too, although right now might be too soon. They'd have to play that storyline very carefully to make it work- often a new baby on a tv series is the beginning of the end and cited as a "jump the shark" moment.

Rumple was so enamored with being a father to Bae, I can only imagine how he'd be if he and Belle had a child. I see a lot of dramatic potential there. It would also be amusing for Emilie to be playing a pregnant character *again* having spent much of Lost as one!

As for the cloaking spell, yeah, it is a little strange that he suddenly had that spell in his pocket. I guess he must have just magicked it up? I agree that it's really Belle he cares more about protecting than the whole town. I've seen people wondering why he couldn't just ask someone else to do it, but when would it have had the opportunity to go to someone else anyway? He also doesn't really trust anyone else.

I was wondering the same thing about how the others will return to Storybrooke if the town is cloaked! Are they all going to be stuck outside it? Gah- I need season 3!
Old 06-24-2013, 08:49 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieBelle (View Post)
I am hoping for a RumBelle baby some day too, although right now might be too soon. They'd have to play that storyline very carefully to make it work- often a new baby on a tv series is the beginning of the end and cited as a "jump the shark" moment.

Rumple was so enamored with being a father to Bae, I can only imagine how he'd be if he and Belle had a child. I see a lot of dramatic potential there. It would also be amusing for Emilie to be playing a pregnant character *again* having spent much of Lost as one!

As for the cloaking spell, yeah, it is a little strange that he suddenly had that spell in his pocket. I guess he must have just magicked it up? I agree that it's really Belle he cares more about protecting than the whole town. I've seen people wondering why he couldn't just ask someone else to do it, but when would it have had the opportunity to go to someone else anyway? He also doesn't really trust anyone else.

I was wondering the same thing about how the others will return to Storybrooke if the town is cloaked! Are they all going to be stuck outside it? Gah- I need season 3!
It would definitely be "jumping the shark" if they introduced a Rumbelle baby any time soon. Rumbelle needs to spend a lot of time together growing as a couple before a baby would make sense in their story arc. But I do think it would be a great storyline at some point and not a "jumping the shark" issue if it happens at the right time. Their love for the child would be so beautiful, reflecting their love for one another - the Rumbelle fandom would explode.

I agree that Gold really doesn't trust anyone other than Belle... maybe Emma, but she was going with him.

I'm curious to see how they are going to find their way back to SB... that may be another obstacle that they have to face. It also poses a challenge for Bae's return.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:50 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

I have a feeling, more maybe a hope, that Belle will figure out how to make the town visible to them or do something.

Although truthfully, I would prefer that Gold find a way to come back. She is always the one fighting for him and fighting to get back to him. I want him to fight to get to her this time, if anyone knows what I mean?

Quote:
It would definitely be "jumping the shark" if they introduced a Rumbelle baby any time soon. Rumbelle needs to spend a lot of time together growing as a couple before a baby would make sense in their story arc. But I do think it would be a great storyline at some point and not a "jumping the shark" issue if it happens at the right time. Their love for the child would be so beautiful, reflecting their love for one another - the Rumbelle fandom would explode.
The problem is they had a lot of opportunity for them to spend time together as a couple and grow as a couple this year, which they did to a certain extent, but they didn't seem interested in showing them as a couple.

So, I truthfully would not be surprised if they just jump into giving them a baby too soon.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:11 AM
Part-Time Fan

When it comes to everyone returning to Storybrooke, I am pretty sure it will be a when and not an if. They will figure out a way somehow! Maybe something happens before Belle actually casts that spell. After all, if she casts it and Storybrooke is safe, then what story have they got left to tell in town? They promised us that Belle's arc was still important to the show.

I've started a fanfic in which Bae is going to end up finding out about Henry and trying to get back to Storybrooke. He will reach Belle. Then they will try to go after the others because Bae wants to help rescue his son, and Belle wants Rumple to know Bae is alive.

But who knows if any of that will end up being right!
Old 06-24-2013, 09:13 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
When it comes to everyone returning to Storybrooke, I am pretty sure it will be a when and not an if. They will figure out a way somehow! Maybe something happens before Belle actually casts that spell. After all, if she casts it and Storybrooke is safe, then what story have they got left to tell in town? They promised us that Belle's arc was still important to the show.

I've started a fanfic in which Bae is going to end up finding out about Henry and trying to get back to Storybrooke. He will reach Belle. Then they will try to go after the others because Bae wants to help rescue his son, and Belle wants Rumple to know Bae is alive.

But who knows if any of that will end up being right!
I think what you said may be what happens. Neal has to go to SB. I don't know why he would end up in NL. He has no clue Henry is there. Belle will be so happy to see him, lol, and he doesn't even know her. She is always so full of emotion about Mr. Gold's son. I think she loves him already.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:17 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
I have a feeling, more maybe a hope, that Belle will figure out how to make the town visible to them or do something.

Although truthfully, I would prefer that Gold find a way to come back. She is always the one fighting for him and fighting to get back to him. I want him to fight to get to her this time, if anyone knows what I mean?
Well, I think he did fight to get to her (though not in the way you're suggesting) after she lost her memory and after she became Lacey. He did everything he could think of to jar her memory (the kiss, the cup). When that didn't work, he visited her in the hospital and tried to connect with her in a different way, which looked like it would have worked if Regina had not interfered. When she became Lacey, we saw how hard he tried to get her to be interested in him and then he embraced his dark side for her even though it was the direct opposite of what he wanted to do.

But, in spite of all that, I do want him (after he saves Henry and does not die) to be determined to find a way back to her. I want that to be all he cares about and I want him to do everything in his power to make that happen.

Quote:
The problem is they had a lot of opportunity for them to spend time together as a couple and grow as a couple this year, which they did to a certain extent, but they didn't seem interested in showing them as a couple.

So, I truthfully would not be surprised if they just jump into giving them a baby too soon.
I hope not. They'll ruin two remarkable storylines if they do this - Rumbelle being together as a couple and Rumbelle having a baby. Neither will work if they are rushed. Though, like you, I don't trust them to handle these stories in the best way.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:20 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Well, I think he did fight to get to her (though not in the way you're suggesting) after she lost her memory and after she became Lacey. He did everything he could think of to jar her memory (the kiss, the cup). When that didn't work, he visited her in the hospital and tried to connect with her in a different way, which looked like it would have worked if Regina had not interfered. When she became Lacey, we saw how hard he tried to get her to be interested in him and then he embraced his dark side for her even though it was the direct opposite of what he wanted to do.
I think he did to a certain extent. The problem was that they didn't devote enough time to the Lacey story. I'm not sure the average viewer at home would have thought he was doing this to get Belle back. He tends to give up too easily. And I don't want him to do that. I understand why he does though. Everything always goes wrong for Charlie Brown and he's come to see himself that way. He's always continually amazed at Belle still loving him no matter what. He doesn't feel he's worthy. IT's as simple as that. He expects the worse to happen.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

If you are curious, here is what I've written so far on my fanfic:

I am Belle Chapter 2, an once upon a time fanfic | FanFiction

However, for some reason, one of my edits is not going through...there are about 3 little paragraphs missing from the end of the first chapter which has Belle returning to the diner after the Jolly Roger has left:

Belle continued, struggling to remain composed. “Rumpelstiltskin has left me with a cloaking spell to protect our town from other outsiders.” She fished the little scroll out of her pocket. “He says it will make Storybrooke impossible to find.”

Ruby turned to Belle and met her gaze with a look of concern. “They won't be able to return then...will they?” She asked. It was really more of a statement than a question. Belle felt her lip quiver and the sting of the truth surge through her anew as she shook her head.

Unable to speak anymore, Belle let her guard down and gulped loud, wailing sobs, spilling fresh tears all over the linoleum counter. “Oh, honey....shhh...” said Ruby. “We'll get through this.” She held Belle for a moment, her own eyes shining with unshed tears, mourning the loss of her own close friends Snow and Charming. The mood in the little diner grew somber as everyone let it sink in that the town's fearless leaders had vanished and might never return.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:34 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I think he did to a certain extent. The problem was that they didn't devote enough time to the Lacey story. I'm not sure the average viewer at home would have thought he was doing this to get Belle back. He tends to give up too easily. And I don't want him to do that. I understand why he does though. Everything always goes wrong for Charlie Brown and he's come to see himself that way. He's always continually amazed at Belle still loving him no matter what. He doesn't feel he's worthy. IT's as simple as that. He expects the worse to happen.
It is sad when he gives up. He's so powerful and yet it's so easy for him to think that he's unloveable and unworthy. I just hope that the only thing that matters to him once he survives his undoing is to get back to Belle.

Quote:
I think what you said may be what happens. Neal has to go to SB. I don't know why he would end up in NL. He has no clue Henry is there. Belle will be so happy to see him, lol, and he doesn't even know her. She is always so full of emotion about Mr. Gold's son. I think she loves him already.
I really can't wait for Neal to learn more about Belle and to meet her (as herself). I'm hoping that he learns about her from Philip & co. while he's in FTL and then comes back to find out for himself what a remarkable woman she is. And on her end, she'll be so filled with love for him and so anxious for Rumple to find out that his son is alive.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:02 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsybelle (View Post)
Also, if the town is cloaked, how is everyone else supposed to get back to SB? That made no sense to me either
I would imagine that even though it's cloacked from the outside, people who know that the town in there can still get in. Cloaking is not the same as a barrier. Hooks ship was cloaked, and pretty muh everyone in town got on to it at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsybelle (View Post)
No, that's never been mentioned and people took Eddy's joke at Paley about happiness after 7 years WAY too seriously; that was a joke, it was a joke then and a joke now. Sadly, Adam had to confirm that on twitter.

They have no idea how long the show will last - that's up to the audience in large part.
7 years is about the average lifespan for long running show. That said, it's increasingly common for them to go up to 10 years now.

The reason people keep asking about how long the show is going to run is usually because what they're actually asking is if they've planned it all out in detail in advance or not. a&E have already said they have a general idea of where they're going, but no more than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan_RCFan
I really can't wait for Neal to learn more about Belle and to meet her (as herself). I'm hoping that he learns about her from Philip & co. while he's in FTL and then comes back to find out for himself what a remarkable woman she is. And on her end, she'll be so filled with love for him and so anxious for Rumple to find out that his son is alive.
It's a heck of a coincidence for him to run into two of the people that Belle saved, otherwise!

๑۩۞۩๑ . . . Join us on the Robert Carlyle Campaign Thread!. . . ๑۩۞۩๑
Old 06-24-2013, 10:23 AM
Part-Time Fan

I think the cloaking spell that Rumple gave Belle has to be something stronger than how Hook's ship was cloaked. The ship was just made invisible, but you could still touch it, and once you board it, you can see it. I imagine that alone wouldn't keep the town very safe.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:43 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I think the cloaking spell that Rumple gave Belle has to be something stronger than how Hook's ship was cloaked. The ship was just made invisible, but you could still touch it, and once you board it, you can see it. I imagine that alone wouldn't keep the town very safe.
But no one knew that Storybrooke was there to begin with, it's clearly pretty isolated anyway, and it isn't on maps or anything. So if no one is going to go deliberately looking for it, they're unlikely to find it.

If they wanted to physically stop people getting in, they need a barrier spell, not a cloaking spell.

๑۩۞۩๑ . . . Join us on the Robert Carlyle Campaign Thread!. . . ๑۩۞۩๑
Old 06-24-2013, 10:50 AM
Master Fan

I think Belle made mention of the fact that once she casts the spell he, meaning Gold, wouldn't be able to find the town again.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:55 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I think Belle made mention of the fact that once she casts the spell he, meaning Gold, wouldn't be able to find the town again.
Yes, Gold said the town was in danger and needed her to stay back and cast the cloaking spell which would keep anyone from finding them. That's when Belle questioned him and asked how he would find her again.. and then she realized that he wouldn't be returning.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:56 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan_RCFan (View Post)

I agree that Gold really doesn't trust anyone other than Belle... maybe Emma, but she was going with him.

I'm curious to see how they are going to find their way back to SB... that may be another obstacle that they have to face. It also poses a challenge for Bae's return.
A Rumbelle baby would not be a plot device as babies often are (like bringing cute young kids to a tv show when the original young kids started growing up and not being so cute, lol). It WOULD be the most beautiful storyline because a baby would be the physical manifestation of their incredible love. I don't think there is anything these two want more than to raise a family together and I certainly believe they dream of it.

Quote:

But, in spite of all that, I do want him (after he saves Henry and does not die) to be determined to find a way back to her. I want that to be all he cares about and I want him to do everything in his power to make that happen.
OH I agree and to say that he didn't fight for her is really unfair, IMO. Bringing Belle back was his priority and we saw that even as he was going to search for Bae. He did give Belle the greatest gift imaginable in the phone call and that clearly reached her and touched her. So yes, you don't have to be physically adventurous to fight for someone. Gold was willing to go dark, knowing what it could cost him in order to bring back Belle. That's what I call fighting for someone. I don't think he gave up, either. After Lacey ditched him, there really wasn't anything else he could do, but the moment she gave him an "in", he was right there to snatch that chance.

He'll be desperate to see her, to see how she's doing, to hold her and touch her. The least he could do is think of her; we know she'll think of him. I'm still pissed off at him for disregarding her feelings and trying to control the direction of her life, so right now I'm glad they are separated.

Quote:
I would imagine that even though it's cloacked from the outside, people who know that the town in there can still get in. Cloaking is not the same as a barrier. Hooks ship was cloaked, and pretty muh everyone in town got on to it at some point.
I suppose Gold might have some sort of compass in his head because that's kind of what they would need, but good point.

Quote:
7 years is about the average lifespan for long running show. That said, it's increasingly common for them to go up to 10 years now.

The reason people keep asking about how long the show is going to run is usually because what they're actually asking is if they've planned it all out in detail in advance or not. a&E have already said they have a general idea of where they're going, but no more than that
I wasn't aware people were asking, but I still think it's a toss-up. ABC loves it, but ratings could tank, lots of things could happen. I do not see this show running for 10 years - I'm not sure I'm willing to give it more than the 5 needed for syndication. It's not something I think about.

The problem with planning something in advance like that is that you aren't guaranteed a full run. I think ABC would at least give Adam/Eddy fair warning, though, so that they could find a way to end the series the way they hoped before it would go off the air (assuming they get cancelled). I'm guessing they know what they endings are for the characters and probably that's it.

Quote:
If they wanted to physically stop people getting in, they need a barrier spell, not a cloaking spell.
LOL So then what on earth is Gold doing? I don't think he planned this very well. If he wanted to keep Belle safe, which appears to be his priority, then why not give her a barrier spell. Of course, perhaps he doesn't think the Home Office or whomever could penetrate a cloaking spell.

If Belle is to face danger from Outsiders, either Gold's spell doesn't work or Belle can't use magic or the spell isn't strong enough .......Now maybe the storyline will be how she protects the town and maybe we won't necessarily see invaders find their way to SB. I find that unlikely, though, given that Adam asked rhetorically who Belle might meet? Of course, MAYBE he was talking about Neal, Philip and Mulan?

I do NOT want to get my hopes up about Neal/Belle and Belle being a bridge between father and son because my hopes, whatever I want to happen, never happens. I would be very disappointed if Neal and Belle don't meet somehow before the JR returns - and if they don't bond, which I think they would. I would love it if Belle was experimenting with magic and somehow found a way to look into present-day FTL and she saw those 3. Of course, Mulan and Phillip would call Neal "Neal" and not Bae because he doesn't go by Bae, so I don't know how Belle would recognize him. She IS very perceptive though and since she must know that he fell through a portal - who else could it be?

I love how Belle is right by Gold’s side and she’s looking at the Charming’s like “WTF”? They stay right by each other’s side the rest of the scene

Quote:
She shows that she doesn’t believe he killed Archie, she shows she believes in him <3

And, she wants to show that she will never leave his side.
She knows him so well and knows his heart is true……she would never leave his side, not willingly.

[

Last edited by Betsybelle; 06-24-2013 at 11:25 AM