Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2014, 04:44 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ser_Dragon (View Post)
4.11 Heroes and Villains - ouat411 3063 - Once Upon A Time Screencaps | Once Upon A Time Screencap Archive

If you look at this cap, it look like he have no shoelace. When you are arrested by the cops and put to a cell (not in prison that is, just in a cell in a precinct) they ask you to remove you shoelaces and tie. And I think your personal stuff also. So what if Rumpel have been taken into custody at some point in his wandering around? Maybe he came across some cops and they arrested him for vagrancy? Maybe he haven't put his jewelry and shoelaces back since then?
Yeah, but they give you those things back when your released and they only take your belt and shoelaces if you are a threat to yourself. I think it goes more to his state of mind. You are less concerned with appearance when you are depressed. I think it shows just how far in that dark hole he has fallen.
Old 12-18-2014, 12:18 AM
Elite Fan

He'll probably be more put together when we see him again. Determination will take hold as he attempts to get back to town.
Old 12-18-2014, 05:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Oh bloody HELL

source
Old 12-18-2014, 10:36 AM
Passionate Fan

[QUOTE=crazy_diamond;79383692]Oh bloody HELL

Gee whiz we are masochists in this fandom!
Old 12-18-2014, 12:41 PM
Elite Fan

Ouch!
Old 12-18-2014, 01:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace52373 (View Post)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
Oh bloody HELL
Gee whiz we are masochists in this fandom!
That we are...
Old 12-18-2014, 02:04 PM
Elite Fan

Rumple getting the short end of the stick..... ugh... PAIN!! SO much PAIN!!
Old 12-18-2014, 02:30 PM
Passionate Fan

I know Rumple screwed up big time but I'm not giving up on him. When the show comes back in March I know things will be bad at first but I know he'll come through in the end. I believe in Rumple and the man he can truly be: a good man.
Old 12-18-2014, 02:44 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oncer4Ever (View Post)
I know Rumple screwed up big time but I'm not giving up on him. When the show comes back in March I know things will be bad at first but I know he'll come through in the end. I believe in Rumple and the man he can truly be: a good man.
I don't think any of us are. I just need to tape it and watch it later because I can't take anymore angst but if it is followed by development and making their way back to each other, I would be happier if I didn't have to wait each week on pins and needles and be able to watch one show after another.
Old 12-18-2014, 02:59 PM
Elite Fan

i'm not over Rumple yet, but GOOD is over rated. He tried it and it only blew up in his face. He gives his life for his son and the woman he loves and what happens.... Zelena makes him a slave.... Nope, I want Rumple back to how he used to be. The deal making imp.
Old 12-18-2014, 03:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChakotaysLover (View Post)
i'm not over Rumple yet, but GOOD is over rated. He tried it and it only blew up in his face. He gives his life for his son and the woman he loves and what happens.... Zelena makes him a slave.... Nope, I want Rumple back to how he used to be. The deal making imp.
I don't want that for him.. it would be too sad. I want him to overcome his fears and choose love (Belle) over power. I want him to find the courage to be the man he really is, instead of hiding behind the mask of the Dark One!
Old 12-18-2014, 03:46 PM
Elite Fan

Trying to be a man has blown up in his face
Old 12-18-2014, 04:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Trying to be a man has blown up in his face
Not completely. He got married.

He also promised his son to be a better man, with his hand on the gravestone. I want him to keep that promise..
Old 12-18-2014, 05:14 PM
Elite Fan

Most of the time, trying to fit into the box labeled GOOD, or Belle guilting him into it, has blown up in his face. Why does it have to be ONE or the OTHER. Look at Regina, she still does semi GOOD things and yet Robin loves her even as she is still in the shadow of the EVIL QUEEN. Hook is a bloody PIRATE and yet, Emma has found a way to love him as he is even with all that he's done. Why does Rumple have to be a completely GOOD man to be loved? Why can't Belle see him for all that he is; a difficult man who makes wrong choices, and sometimes not even with the best intentions. That is who he is, who he's been, and its who he was when she met him. Being completely good is not option for Rumplestiltskin. He can do good things, that's not in question, but for him being good is only something he can do for so long before the compulsion to do something bad builds and builds before he needs a release. That is who he is. Trying to drastically change just to be loved..... No one should do that, not even for someone they love. They either have to accept all of the other or they're gonna have more problems like this.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the fact that he was happy enough to see that he could tie his life to Belle. Logically that should have been enough.
Old 12-18-2014, 05:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Most of the time, trying to fit into the box labeled GOOD, or Belle guilting him into it, has blown up in his face. Why does it have to be ONE or the OTHER. Look at Regina, she still does semi GOOD things and yet Robin loves her even as she is still in the shadow of the EVIL QUEEN. Hook is a bloody PIRATE and yet, Emma has found a way to love him as he is even with all that he's done. Why does Rumple have to be a completely GOOD man to be loved? Why can't Belle see him for all that he is; a difficult man who makes wrong choices, and sometimes not even with the best intentions. That is who he is, who he's been, and its who he was when she met him. Being completely good is not option for Rumplestiltskin. He can do good things, that's not in question, but for him being good is only something he can do for so long before the compulsion to do something bad builds and builds before he needs a release. That is who he is. Trying to drastically change just to be loved..... No one should do that, not even for someone they love. They either have to accept all of the other or they're gonna have more problems like this.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the fact that he was happy enough to see that he could tie his life to Belle. Logically that should have been enough.

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois