Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2014, 06:16 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by baelfire24 (View Post)
*Takes bow* Thank you! lol!
Old 12-18-2014, 06:18 PM
Elite Fan

No, I don't think Rumple is ever going to be a prince Charming. And I don't want him to be. But the thing with Rumple is that he is ruled by intense fear. He is afraid of being without power because he's afraid of being vulnerable, due to his life as an abused spinner. It's that fear that makes him to make wrong choices, such as choosing power over love. Fear is what makes him "a monster" (in addition to the DO curse). I don't want him to remain as such because living in a constant fear isn't real life, it's like being on an invisible leash all the time. It's not healthy. I want Rumple to overcome his fears so he could be free of that leash. So he could be the man he truly is, whatever it means, and be able to choose love over power.

And Belle does see Rumple for all that he is, and loves him as such. That's what she meant when she said "I just wanted you." Or when she said in her vow that she loves him for his flaws. Or when she told Neal that's she loves all of Rumple, even the parts that belong to the darkness. She's (rightfully) angry with him because he DECEIVED her and because she thinks he loves his power more than her, NOT because he's flawed man who makes wrong choices.
Old 12-18-2014, 06:42 PM
Elite Fan

I never said she doesn't have the right to be angry, Rumple did lie and kept on lying because he thought it was the only choice he had with his wife. For Belle it's only GOOD or EVIL. In S2 she guilted him into not using his magic, and what happened, he went behind her back and did magic anyway because she didn't want him to use magic. He couldn;t stop using a skill he's used all his immortal life. It was like breathing to him. Yes she knows who he is, but knowing and accepting are two different things. She loves the idea she has of him in her head. Using the dagger on him, not once but twice and granted that first time it was the fake dagger, but she didn't know that, calling him a beast, that's motivated by anger, but anger is when people are most truthful. No matter the love that burns between them, her love for him was tested and look what happened. She didn't want the dagger, what she believed to be real, because she KNEW at that moment she would never use it on him. Look how quickly that went out the window when she only had half the story. Rumple went back for the gauntlet after getting Belle away from the Evil Trio. She never stopped in all her huffing and puffing over being lied to, which I will give her because no one likes to be lied to, to ask why he had it. It's didn't occur to her. Many different things brought this to this moment. Not all of it was because of Rumplestiltskin. 100 things had to go wrong on both sides for them to be brought to this point. He's 300 years more experience than Belle. he's seen how people react to him, and when push comes to shove, Belle just proved that no matter how she may love him, may want him to be this GOOD MAN she see's, she'll still call him a beast and cast him out, which she did. And all because he was trying to free himself so he wouldn't be made a slave to anyone, least of all her.
Old 12-18-2014, 06:49 PM
Master Fan

Tell your master I know who she is and she’s just crossed a line!

Source: thechloris

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 12-18-2014, 06:53 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the Gif's Bae!!! I loved that moment!!!
Old 12-18-2014, 07:14 PM
Elite Fan

Belle casting Rumple out had nothing to do with her not loving him for who he is. Yes, she made some hasty conclusions, but she was FURIOUS, and people usually are unable to think straight when they are furious, thus they can do stupid things. Especially if they are inherently impulsive, like Belle is. She may regret what she did later when she has calmed down and is able to think..

Last edited by Seamstress90; 12-18-2014 at 07:48 PM
Old 12-18-2014, 07:51 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamstress90 (View Post)
Belle casting Rumple out had nothing to do with her not loving him for who he is. Yes, she made some hasty conclusions, but she was FURIOUS, and people usually are unable to think straight when they are furious, thus they can make stupid things/decisions. Especially if they are inherently impulsive, like Belle is. She may regret what she did later when she has calmed down and is able to think..
I am torn here because she wants him to be the best person he can be and she claims to love all of him but I am having trouble believing that. Maybe the reason true love's kiss doesn't work for them is not just the magic in Storybrooke but because neither one can overcome their fears to truly open their hearts and see everything including the flaws. They both have ideas about each other and no one can change over night. Deep down, Belle doesn't trust that he can change or that he will chose her over the power and he doesn't trust that she wants him and not just because of his power. When you have a distrust like this between a couple, they can't have a strong marriage.

What I want to see is Rumple and Belle fight for each other! I want Rumple to make that choice freely and for Belle to trust in his love and see that it is going to be difficult but he can't do it without her.

I also wouldn't mind some positive spoilers!
Old 12-18-2014, 08:03 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChakotaysLover (View Post)
Why can't Belle see him for all that he is; a difficult man who makes wrong choices, and sometimes not even with the best intentions.
Isn't that exactly what she does? Didn't she say during their wedding vows that he was flawed and she loved him for it?

All Belle has ever asked of Rumple is:

1) Trust
2) Emotional openness
3) Multiple orgasms Not murdering people

That doesn't mean "being completely good" (as if that's something that can be defined).

Quote:
In S2 she guilted him into not using his magic, and what happened, he went behind her back and did magic anyway because she didn't want him to use magic.
She never did that. She didn't want him to kill Regina, not to stop using magic. Belle said outright that he needed "courage to let me in"--his going behind her back WAS the problem, not the magic. By The Outsider and The Cricket Game, she's nothing but impressed when he uses magic.

Last edited by Violet Faust; 12-18-2014 at 08:10 PM
Old 12-18-2014, 08:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamstress90 (View Post)
Belle casting Rumple out had nothing to do with her not loving him for who he is. Yes, she made some hasty conclusions, but she was FURIOUS, and people usually are unable to think straight when they are furious, thus they can do stupid things. Especially if they are inherently impulsive, like Belle is. She may regret what she did later when she has calmed down and is able to think..

When someone is angry that is the most brutally honest they will ever be because they don't think, they don't plan what they will say, or words they will use or how they react. Belle has a right to be angry. And i'm sure that once she calmed down she regrets what she did, but she still did it. In the heat of the moment, they failed to overcome this obstacle even though she's believed in their true love from the start.

Quote:
I am torn here because she wants him to be the best person he can be and she claims to love all of him but I am having trouble believing that. Maybe the reason true love's kiss doesn't work for them is not just the magic in Storybrooke but because neither one can overcome their fears to truly open their hearts and see everything including the flaws. They both have ideas about each other and no one can change over night. Deep down, Belle doesn't trust that he can change or that he will chose her over the power and he doesn't trust that she wants him and not just because of his power. When you have a distrust like this between a couple, they can't have a strong marriage.

The truly don't love all of the other even though they claim to. He's see's her as a naive little girl that needs to be protected from practically everything including him.

Quote:
She never did that. She didn't want him to kill Regina, not to stop using magic.

I'm not talking about when he tried to kill Regina. She has used such a tactic on him in the form of "If you love me..." Which is passive aggressive manipulation. As for the magic, I'm talking about when she see's him in the basement creating the potion so he can cross the town line. We know he was making it so he could cross the former town line, which he didn't tell her about and she just jumped to conclusions and ran away. Then when she get's kidnapped and nearly erased for the first time, Rumple saves her with magic and what does she do... she runs away again after telling him to stay away from her. That;s not accepting him magic and Rumple was willing to let her go, to spare her from future heartache over things he would inevitably do that she would see as "Wrong"

Last edited by ChakotaysLover; 12-18-2014 at 09:15 PM
Old 12-18-2014, 10:38 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
When someone is angry that is the most brutally honest they will ever be because they don't think, they don't plan what they will say, or words they will use or how they react. Belle has a right to be angry. And i'm sure that once she calmed down she regrets what she did, but she still did it. In the heat of the moment, they failed to overcome this obstacle even though she's believed in their true love from the start.

The truly don't love all of the other even though they claim to. He's see's her as a naive little girl that needs to be protected from practically everything including him.

I'm not talking about when he tried to kill Regina. She has used such a tactic on him in the form of "If you love me..." Which is passive aggressive manipulation. As for the magic, I'm talking about when she see's him in the basement creating the potion so he can cross the town line. We know he was making it so he could cross the former town line, which he didn't tell her about and she just jumped to conclusions and ran away. Then when she get's kidnapped and nearly erased for the first time, Rumple saves her with magic and what does she do... she runs away again after telling him to stay away from her. That;s not accepting him magic and Rumple was willing to let her go, to spare her from future heartache over things he would inevitably do that she would see as "Wrong"
Before when I shipped couples where one of them has a dark past, they always have the one with the dark past who doesn't deserve him/her groveling to the other even when the other half of the couple screwed up. I like equality in relationships and when I see one half saying I don't deserve you it saddens me. It is not about deserving and you should never put one up on a pedestal which Rumple learned this season.

I have seen a lot of hatred for Rumple and patting Belle on the back and I have seen hatred for Belle and people wanting to comfort Rumple but in my eyes they are equally at fault. Rumple was spiraling he takes one enormous change and adds another one. He was not ready for marriage and his spouse understandably rushed into it because she wanted to be with him before something separated them again. I am not denying they have true love, but as much as it pains me to say this, they should have waited. Belle is impulsive and I think deep down she knows Rumple is not ready to change but she wants to believe he can and she wants to be the one who changes him but that is not healthy or realistic! She said she accepts him for who he is but in a fit of anger and despite evidence to the contrary, thinks she is not his true love and kicks him out of town for being a beast. Rumple screwed up, yeah he lost it but instead of recognizing the spiral, Belle went on her way blissfully ignorant because she doesn't want to face that her love might not be enough to heal him. He has been through an enormous trauma and so has Belle. She has never been certain of Rumple's love so in the face of the horrible things he did, she lost sight of his true self and snapped. Now instead of fixing the marriage or even getting an honest talk with them, she fixes it so he can't come back at all. I think his deeds are only part of that. I think the reason she banished him was because she thinks he will never truly love her and he will only continue to deceive her for power. She had the dagger. He was no longer a danger but in her rage she goes too far and banishes him from her, his home, his grandson, and lets not forget his son's final resting place. I can't agree with that. It was too harsh and done in a moment of anger.

Please believe that I love Belle as much as I love Rumple and I am not excusing what he did. He chose to keep his secrets and let his darkness overtake him instead of reaching out and getting help. Belle makes a rash decision that I know she will regret especially when she remembers that phone call. When the anger dies down it is going to hit her that she effectively ended her marriage and banished the man she loves to an uncertain fate. I wanted soo much for her to join him or let him stay and work things out and instead we got a heartbreaking scene. I don't think the writers truly understand how harsh it was. Yes Rumple is returning but what is he returning too? His wife giving his dagger to Hook. Will Belle have any true support or will they say we told you so! I want her to have support from people who care about her not about proving they were right about Rumple and dumping on her for choosing him as well as pushing her to find her real true love. If they do, I hope Belle tells them to go to hell but with these writers, who knows? I don't trust them to give us any kind of good story. They just have Rumple blowing into the town with the witches and wanting revenge only to be met with hatred and possibly the heroes trying to off him. I don't want Rumple to be the big bad. I just want him to choose Belle and begin his redemptive path again. I also want his pain and suffering acknowledged! I want his resentment for being revived, and being a slave that they didn't even try to rescue to come out. I want Belle and Rumple to have a discussion argument without interference and without her walking out on him.
Old 12-18-2014, 11:36 PM
Elite Fan

I love Belle. I love Rumple. I love RumBelle..... but with the mess left to us.... how are we supposed to feel? Both of them made choices that brought them to this moment and now the chasm between them is so wide that there may be no bandage big enough to fix it. It's takes two to make a problem, but it also takes two to fix it.

Actually I am quite happy with who Rumple will be working with. He's got to get back in some how. Putting his head together with those three devious ladies they'll get in.

I'm actually thrilled to see the return of the devious delightfully vengeful Dark One. Getting him back to the begging of his character, the man with a plan will be nice to see. More than ever I want to see HOW he gets back in. After he gets in I'll reassess how I like the return of Rumplestiltskin. But one things for sure, he has to be at his baddest just to think, to push down the bitter sting of betrayal.

This back half, I am all about the villains.
Old 12-19-2014, 03:36 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Faust (View Post)
Isn't that exactly what she does? Didn't she say during their wedding vows that he was flawed and she loved him for it?

All Belle has ever asked of Rumple is:

1) Trust
2) Emotional openness
3) Multiple orgasms Not murdering people

That doesn't mean "being completely good" (as if that's something that can be defined).
Exactly! Is that really too much to ask?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChakostaysLover
Again, she wasn't just angry, she was FURIOUS! Furious peolpe tend to say and do things they don't truly mean.

Quote:
I'm not talking about when he tried to kill Regina. She has used such a tactic on him in the form of "If you love me..." Which is passive aggressive manipulation. As for the magic, I'm talking about when she see's him in the basement creating the potion so he can cross the town line. We know he was making it so he could cross the former town line, which he didn't tell her about and she just jumped to conclusions and ran away.
Belle was uncomfortable with him using magic because she had bad experiences with dark magic (as she told Grumpy in "Dreamy"), but she only wanted Rumple to be honest with her. She never asked him to stop using magic. And Belle is impulsive. She acts without forethought when she gets angry/frustrated. It's one of her flaws.

Quote:
Then when she get's kidnapped and nearly erased for the first time, Rumple saves her with magic and what does she do... she runs away again after telling him to stay away from her. That;s not accepting him magic and Rumple was willing to let her go, to spare her from future heartache over things he would inevitably do that she would see as "Wrong"
She left because Rumple couldn't be honest with her, NOT because she didn't accept his magic.
Old 12-19-2014, 03:40 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Most of the time, trying to fit into the box labeled GOOD, or Belle guilting him into it, has blown up in his face. Why does it have to be ONE or the OTHER. Look at Regina, she still does semi GOOD things and yet Robin loves her even as she is still in the shadow of the EVIL QUEEN. Hook is a bloody PIRATE and yet, Emma has found a way to love him as he is even with all that he's done. Why does Rumple have to be a completely GOOD man to be loved? Why can't Belle see him for all that he is; a difficult man who makes wrong choices, and sometimes not even with the best intentions. That is who he is, who he's been, and its who he was when she met him. Being completely good is not option for Rumplestiltskin. He can do good things, that's not in question, but for him being good is only something he can do for so long before the compulsion to do something bad builds and builds before he needs a release. That is who he is. Trying to drastically change just to be loved..... No one should do that, not even for someone they love. They either have to accept all of the other or they're gonna have more problems like this.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the fact that he was happy enough to see that he could tie his life to Belle. Logically that should have been enough.
Quote:
I never said she doesn't have the right to be angry, Rumple did lie and kept on lying because he thought it was the only choice he had with his wife. For Belle it's only GOOD or EVIL. In S2 she guilted him into not using his magic, and what happened, he went behind her back and did magic anyway because she didn't want him to use magic. He couldn;t stop using a skill he's used all his immortal life. It was like breathing to him. Yes she knows who he is, but knowing and accepting are two different things. She loves the idea she has of him in her head. Using the dagger on him, not once but twice and granted that first time it was the fake dagger, but she didn't know that, calling him a beast, that's motivated by anger, but anger is when people are most truthful. No matter the love that burns between them, her love for him was tested and look what happened. She didn't want the dagger, what she believed to be real, because she KNEW at that moment she would never use it on him. Look how quickly that went out the window when she only had half the story. Rumple went back for the gauntlet after getting Belle away from the Evil Trio. She never stopped in all her huffing and puffing over being lied to, which I will give her because no one likes to be lied to, to ask why he had it. It's didn't occur to her. Many different things brought this to this moment. Not all of it was because of Rumplestiltskin. 100 things had to go wrong on both sides for them to be brought to this point. He's 300 years more experience than Belle. he's seen how people react to him, and when push comes to shove, Belle just proved that no matter how she may love him, may want him to be this GOOD MAN she see's, she'll still call him a beast and cast him out, which she did. And all because he was trying to free himself so he wouldn't be made a slave to anyone, least of all her.
Oh my... I... I... TOTALLY agree with you. I thought the same thing, to be completely honest. Thank you. It's perfect. You summed my feeling pretty well. Really, thanks for that post.

Last edited by Ser_Dragon; 12-19-2014 at 04:16 AM
Old 12-19-2014, 04:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Just like to say great discussions going on here

Can I be greedy and say I want both of Rumple I love see the good man and the crazy imp, I'm greedy

I would love to see the battle though with the dark one magic in 4b...will maybe a battle, we don't know anything at the moment damn it I need spoilers
Old 12-19-2014, 05:09 AM
Loyal Fan

I found this quiz that you might find amusing. Which Once Upon A Time Character Are You? | BrainFall.com

I got Rumple!

You are a complex person who loves to be in charge. You are cunning and alluring and dream about meeting someone special who will love you exactly as you are, flaws and all.