Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2014, 09:50 PM
Passionate Fan

Granted, this may really be the wrong time to be defending Gold, but they were really quick to jump on the Gold-is-evil bandwagon. I mean, Marian got a longer Regina's-changed speech after barely escaping being executed by her. All Anna had to say was some vague stuff about Rumplestiltskin not being a good person.

OK, it meant Gold hadn't been truthful when he said he didn't know her, but the show established pretty clearly that Ingrid could mess with memories--and that she had this ability before magic came back to Storybrooke, which meant Gold could have been telling the truth as he remembered it.

Also, I would disagree with Anna about him always lying. I would agree 100% that he's not very truthful. He's only been lying since he came back from the dead.

Anyhow, although it would have burnt up too much screen time, could we have had one person remember Gold died to save others? Or maybe give the "he's family" speech? Or any of the other things like that?
Old 12-14-2014, 10:22 PM
Extreme Fan

so that was way to far for me tonight. Oh well, at least it is the winter finale, so I have a few weeks to get the show out of my system rather than being tempted o watch next week
Old 12-14-2014, 11:30 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelaine (View Post)
Granted, this may really be the wrong time to be defending Gold, but they were really quick to jump on the Gold-is-evil bandwagon. I mean, Marian got a longer Regina's-changed speech after barely escaping being executed by her. All Anna had to say was some vague stuff about Rumplestiltskin not being a good person.

OK, it meant Gold hadn't been truthful when he said he didn't know her, but the show established pretty clearly that Ingrid could mess with memories--and that she had this ability before magic came back to Storybrooke, which meant Gold could have been telling the truth as he remembered it.

Also, I would disagree with Anna about him always lying. I would agree 100% that he's not very truthful. He's only been lying since he came back from the dead.

Anyhow, although it would have burnt up too much screen time, could we have had one person remember Gold died to save others? Or maybe give the "he's family" speech? Or any of the other things like that?
I agree with you 100% I am angry, bitter, I feel like Rumple is treated unfairly and part of me hopes Belle realizes that she threw away her husband after saying she would fight for him and is sorry for it. I understand her being angry but banishing him was harsh. I understand she needed to do this for her own sanity and I am proud of her for standing up for herself but to not even give him a chance? Just turn her back on him? It doesn't sit right for me. I want Rumple to win her back and Belle to stop trying to make him into her idea of what he should be and love him for who he is!
Old 12-14-2014, 11:59 PM
Passionate Fan

I know I'm a very random person, but this poem by Stephen Crane seemed to capture where I feel Rumple is right now (assuming how metaphorical or literal a desert you want right now).

In the desert
I saw a creature, naked, bestial,
Who, squatting upon the ground,
Held his heart in his hands,
And ate of it.
I said: «Is it good, friend?»
«It is bitter-bitter,» he answered;
«But I like it
Because it is bitter,
And because it is my heart.

I just realized, if Neal's apartment was set up to be paid for automatically out of an account, it might still be available. Gold might wind up there with all the things Neal left behind.
Old 12-15-2014, 12:10 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelaine (View Post)
I know I'm a very random person, but this poem by Stephen Crane seemed to capture where I feel Rumple is right now (assuming how metaphorical or literal a desert you want right now).

In the desert
I saw a creature, naked, bestial,
Who, squatting upon the ground,
Held his heart in his hands,
And ate of it.
I said: «Is it good, friend?»
«It is bitter-bitter,» he answered;
«But I like it
Because it is bitter,
And because it is my heart.

I just realized, if Neal's apartment was set up to be paid for automatically out of an account, it might still be available. Gold might wind up there with all the things Neal left behind.
Makes sense.
Old 12-15-2014, 01:53 AM
Master Fan

A great Tumblr post why this one line defines Rumple and why he wanted power so much

X
Quote:
"I’m afraid"

And that’s at the root of everything.

Exactly! Rumple is not motivated by power. He has never been motivated by power. He’s motivated by fear. He’s terrified of being powerless. He’s never chosen power over love, only fear over love. This gif is Rumple in a nutshell. Strip away the magic and the power and the bravado and he’s just terrified.
Old 12-15-2014, 03:09 AM
Master Fan

The thing is, Belle had given him many chances, so I don't know that it's really fair to say she didn't give him a chance. There was a lot of anger and devastation in her decision.

But anyway RC's acting was brilliant and I was heartbroken for Rumple even though I don't like what he's become. Just heart wrenching.
Old 12-15-2014, 04:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Oh man

The emotion of it all, I knew it would come back to bite him and it certainly did

I totally agree with the post that Rho just sent

He is afraid...all the power he has or had made a shield around him.....he lost the man he once was.. all the things that have happened to him and he doesn't want to be powerless again, he's afraid of what might happened to Belle, to him without any magic...

And now he's completely gone into his dark power shell

Oh Rumple

Robert was awesome last night
Old 12-15-2014, 08:19 AM
Master Fan

I have many thoughts right now. But I cant put them into words properly.

I'll see what A/E have to say about 4b and Rumple before I give up or have hope.

Rumple , we never saw his breakdown, he was descnding into darkness but it made no sense. No one picked up on it.

Everyone assumed that right after his release from Zelena that he was fine. But he wasn't. Not if he coudl so easily fall into darkness jsut by observng the hat and wanting to be free of it.

We see Belle's pain, everyone's anger. But not RUmple's, not untl the end and he couldn't express what and why. It ws too painful.
Old 12-15-2014, 08:30 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
I have many thoughts right now. But I cant put them into words properly.

I'll see what A/E have to say about 4b and Rumple before I give up or have hope.

Rumple , we never saw his breakdown, he was descnding into darkness but it made no sense. No one picked up on it.

Everyone assumed that right after his release from Zelena that he was fine. But he wasn't. Not if he coudl so easily fall into darkness jsut by observng the hat and wanting to be free of it.

We see Belle's pain, everyone's anger. But not RUmple's, not untl the end and he couldn't express what and why. It ws too painful.
I am going to wait and see myself but I want to see Rumple express anger in the second half! The way they all treated him was ugly! He didn't even get a chance to explain and who the heck has that stupid hat now? If I don't hear any improvement from the second half, I quit! Why watch if Rumple is going to be the only villain who gets treated like a pariah?
Old 12-15-2014, 08:42 AM
Loyal Fan

I am sick and heart broken. This season has been so hard to watch. Watching a character you love implodes like Rumple did is so hard. Especially when everything was so out of character. Why? Some sort of insight from A/E would go a long way. I am angry, hurt and confused. On one hand, I applaud Belle for her strength and courage. On the other I want to shake her and tell her to go find Rumple and get the answers she needs. Go help him. Save him. Will time help her to see she is the love of his life? I hope so. I hope that Rumple doesn't fully embrace the darkness inside of him but I am afraid that ship has sailed. I am so mad at the town right now. Whens someone is drowning you throw them a life preserver, not at rock.
Old 12-15-2014, 08:49 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinzle (View Post)
I am sick and heart broken. This season has been so hard to watch. Watching a character you love implodes like Rumple did is so hard. Especially when everything was so out of character. Why? Some sort of insight from A/E would go a long way. I am angry, hurt and confused. On one hand, I applaud Belle for her strength and courage. On the other I want to shake her and tell her to go find Rumple and get the answers she needs. Go help him. Save him. Will time help her to see she is the love of his life? I hope so. I hope that Rumple doesn't fully embrace the darkness inside of him but I am afraid that ship has sailed. I am so mad at the town right now. Whens someone is drowning you throw them a life preserver, not at rock.
Me too but I don't think Rumple is on the side of evil. I think he is tired of being controlled and wants to confront the sorcerer but can't without the help of the other witches because of the SQ's spell. How can he make it up to Belle if he can't come back, so he needs help! Knowing that ungrateful lot, they will use the dagger to summon him!
Old 12-15-2014, 09:04 AM
Master Fan

we're all sick and heartbroken. and yes the season didn't make sense for Rumple's story. How he descended so quickly. I'm displeased with many thigns that are happening, but let's try and not let our emotions get the better of us.
We are treading very close to character bashing and that's not allowed.
Old 12-15-2014, 09:20 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
we're all sick and heartbroken. and yes the season didn't make sense for Rumple's story. How he descended so quickly. I'm displeased with many thigns that are happening, but let's try and not let our emotions get the better of us.
We are treading very close to character bashing and that's not allowed.
Sorry! I am just mad about the dagger situation and the show in general.
Old 12-15-2014, 09:22 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace52373 (View Post)
Sorry! I am just mad about the dagger situation and the show in general.
I know. But we need to try and stay calm. everyone's emeotions are at a peak. that's why I haven't made a rash decision yet to leave the fandom and show. I will wait until I see which direction the show is taking RUmple.