Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Yes answers please
Old 12-12-2014, 03:24 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelaine (View Post)
I'm hoping we get some answers in the next episode. It isn't just the secrecy. As everyone's said, we haven't been getting Gold's POV. We know it's OOC. It's not that Gold can't do some pretty awful stuff--maybe he could do all the stuff we've seen, given the right motives. It's just that the motives that are being hinted at are ones that don't suit him. Currently, we have three possible scenarios:

1. Gold doesn't just want to be free of the dagger while keeping his power, he wants to rule the world. This is important enough to him that the restraints he's always had in the past--telling the truth (even if it's a really bent up version), keeping his promises, and allowing people a choice (no matter how coerced they may feel)--isn't there anymore.

2. Gold is spiraling down in PTSD and addiction, to the point that he no longer cares about his rules or about how his actions may impact the people he loves.

3. Somebody (or multiple somebodies) is/are manipulating Gold. These may be passengers in his head, possibly picked up from the hat or the vault.

My vote is for a combination of 2 and 3, with an emphasis on 3. But, we've seen no real evidence supporting 3 other than the complete change in Gold, the knowledge that three characters from the magical world who don't seem to have been in SB are about to show up, and Rumple's occasional, not characteristic way of talking about himself in the third person--he refers to himself as the Dark One, not Rumplestiltskin, not something he's done before.

It's subtle enough that it may not mean anything. Maybe "the Dark One" thing is a way Dark Ones talk when they're, well, going dark. While travel between worlds used to be hard, it seems that, once you've made a connection between them, it becomes like any major traffic center. Gold should probably put up a toll booth. Or maybe a security check at the world border (anyone who, under purpose of visit, checks off "Take over the world" or "slaughter large numbers of innocents" should be moved to the back of the line).
Sorry, I thought since I didn't describe anything it was okay.

I want answers not after the hiatus, I want them now! Everyone has seen how Rumple is not acting like himself and if someone is controlling him, I want it known now! I also don't want Rumbelle to break up.
Old 12-12-2014, 03:36 PM
Elite Fan

Good times for a changeā€¦
x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelaine (View Post)
I'm hoping we get some answers in the next episode. It isn't just the secrecy. As everyone's said, we haven't been getting Gold's POV. We know it's OOC. It's not that Gold can't do some pretty awful stuff--maybe he could do all the stuff we've seen, given the right motives. It's just that the motives that are being hinted at are ones that don't suit him. Currently, we have three possible scenarios:

1. Gold doesn't just want to be free of the dagger while keeping his power, he wants to rule the world. This is important enough to him that the restraints he's always had in the past--telling the truth (even if it's a really bent up version), keeping his promises, and allowing people a choice (no matter how coerced they may feel)--isn't there anymore.

2. Gold is spiraling down in PTSD and addiction, to the point that he no longer cares about his rules or about how his actions may impact the people he loves.

3. Somebody (or multiple somebodies) is/are manipulating Gold. These may be passengers in his head, possibly picked up from the hat or the vault.

My vote is for a combination of 2 and 3, with an emphasis on 3. But, we've seen no real evidence supporting 3 other than the complete change in Gold, the knowledge that three characters from the magical world who don't seem to have been in SB are about to show up, and Rumple's occasional, not characteristic way of talking about himself in the third person--he refers to himself as the Dark One, not Rumplestiltskin, not something he's done before.

It's subtle enough that it may not mean anything. Maybe "the Dark One" thing is a way Dark Ones talk when they're, well, going dark. While travel between worlds used to be hard, it seems that, once you've made a connection between them, it becomes like any major traffic center. Gold should probably put up a toll booth. Or maybe a security check at the world border (anyone who, under purpose of visit, checks off "Take over the world" or "slaughter large numbers of innocents" should be moved to the back of the line).
I might have suggested this before on this thread, but maybe the Dark One curse is out of Rumple's control? Robert has said that it took him some time to learn to control it (so it's not so easy) when he became the DO (and that's why he was so dangerous and violent back then). Now he has lost his beloved son and was abused by Zelena, so his mental condition can't be very good. PTSD, grief, exhaustion.. that probably makes the curse more difficult to control. I think he was ok during the honeymoon because there was no stressors, just him and Belle. Love and peace. And the hat. But when they returned to SB, Rumple was immediately put under stress: Someone broke into his shop, the Snow Queen being in town, Hook blackmailing him, etc.. so maybe he just snapped and lost the control of the curse?

Rumple said at Neal's grave that he's really going to need strength to be the man his son died for. Perhaps he just wasn't strong enough..
Old 12-12-2014, 04:33 PM
Passionate Fan

I might have suggested this before on this thread, but maybe the Dark One curse is out of Rumple's control? Robert has said that it took him some time to learn to control it (so it's not so easy) when he became the DO (and that's why he was so dangerous and violent back then). Now he has lost his beloved son and was abused by Zelena, so his mental condition can't be very good. PTSD, grief, exhaustion.. that probably makes the curse more difficult to control. I think he was ok during the honeymoon because there was no stressors, just him and Belle. Love and peace. And the hat. But when they returned to SB, Rumple was immediately put under stress: Someone broke into his shop, the Snow Queen being in town, Hook blackmailing him, etc.. so maybe he just snapped and lost the control of the curse?

Rumple said at Neal's grave that he's really going to need strength to be the man his son died for. Perhaps he just wasn't strong enough.. [/QUOTE]

This is why I don't want them to break up. I want to see them work things out together. I hope we get some kind of hope to carry us through the hiatus!
Old 12-13-2014, 10:15 AM
Master Fan

Can we appreciate how dark and demon like Rumple is here

X

And how smooth and sexy with all the swagger here

and how loving and confused he looks here

ANd how sneaky and wicked he looks here

To his mad, caged RUmple here

to the frightened , no magic, new surroundings, 300 years and he'll meet his son here

To the man so in love with his wife that he could dance and cry..

ANd how his one action speaks a million words.

I was trying to find a gif of him in tears at the wedding.. but you get what I'm trying to do. Robert brings so much to Rumplestiltskin. And this is just his MR Gold persona. He's amazing, a small look, movement, everything about his expressions, tell you the whole story. He's really one of the best actors out there.

No one else could have brought Rumple to life like this and have fans get so invested in this character and want for his HEA. He's amazing. and so so sexy
Old 12-13-2014, 11:03 AM
Passionate Fan

Yeah Rho. If it wasn't for Robert, we wouldn't care about his character so much. He brings humanity to this role that far surpasses other so-called villains.

You know what I just realized? Belle knows that Anna met Rumple before because Anna told her about him.
Old 12-13-2014, 11:49 AM
Loyal Fan

No Grace, she spoke of him but never said his name.
Old 12-13-2014, 12:07 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinzle (View Post)
No Grace, she spoke of him but never said his name.
I forgot and probably because there is a lot I want to forget about this half of the season!
Old 12-13-2014, 03:13 PM
Elite Fan

Rho all those gifs are AMAZING!! Robert definitly bring so much to Rumple, so many aspects that have brought many woonderful, wicked, sinister, sexy, endearing, sad, and giggly moments to us!
Old 12-13-2014, 04:53 PM
Passionate Fan

I love the nose touch when Gold learns Baby Neal is being named for his son. I really, really wish they'd had a scene where Snow and Charming asked Gold to protect Neal when Ingrid's curse struck, just to give us a warmer Rumple moment to hold onto.
Old 12-13-2014, 06:54 PM
Elite Fan

So many different emotions and moods of Rumple, and Robert plays them all so well! He's just brilliant. And yeah, so sexy.
Old 12-14-2014, 04:15 AM
Master Fan

that he is.

in the past year he's gone from this..

to this

All thaaaat happened to him in between has led up to him becoming this. Hopefully the writers will incorporate it so his story makes sense. and he can be redeemable and turn back to the RUmple we knew
Old 12-14-2014, 05:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

I sure hope we find something out tonight!!
Old 12-14-2014, 05:33 AM
Master Fan

I do too
Old 12-14-2014, 05:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

We have to, even if it's a little bit of information, just something...