Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2013, 05:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoddevoted (View Post)
I really hope it was a one time thing. He had been doing really okay. He had matured and shown growth. And 306 made it look like 304 had never happened and like it had all been for nothing. Don't get me started on how dissappointed with the writers I am for this lol
Kinda reminds me of a totally OOC moment they threw at us one day in February last year.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

I miss the days where the show was good
Old 11-12-2013, 05:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemers718 (View Post)
Kinda reminds me of a totally OOC moment they threw at us one day in February last year.
yeah I agree that cheating was out of nowhere as a few episodes before that when the town was on lockdown from the flu he was in a position where he could have cheated out on the road but rushed back to zoe instead. so yeah the cheating later was out of character in so many ways for the growth they gave him last season.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Hate when characters are OOC
Old 11-12-2013, 06:06 PM
Ultimate Fan

I hate how we've seen zoe and joel be a couple longer than we got to see zoe and wade as a couple. I mean, we only got like 5 episodes. They couldn't wait at least a little longer to split them up? But IA that whole cheating thing still gets me. I hate it

Yeah I'm no angel I'm just me
But I will love you
endlessly
tumblr
Old 11-12-2013, 06:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

I agree. And it annoys me that we're getting all this happy Zoe and Joel crap when we didn't get 1 episode of happy!ZW.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:24 PM
Ultimate Fan

I know right? And of course it was always mostly Wade's fault. I swear it seems like Zoe and Joel have NEVER had a fight and they probably haven't now that i think about it. lol

But I will love you
endlessly
tumblr
Old 11-12-2013, 06:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoRBD (View Post)
I know right? And of course it was always mostly Wade's fault. I swear it seems like Zoe and Joel have NEVER had a fight and they probably haven't now that i think about it. lol
No Zoe yells at him or tells him what he is going to do and he gives in to her bidding.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:31 PM
Ultimate Fan

So true, Tracie. Which is another reason why joel is so not the one for her. I hope someone eventually points this out because it's so obvious

But I will love you
endlessly
tumblr
Old 11-12-2013, 08:01 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for posting the review!
Old 11-12-2013, 08:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Fighting is just one of the things that make ZW who they are as a couple.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:09 PM
Addicted Fan

Sorry for the late response. I try to only really check when my baby is sleeping. Y'all are welcome for the review.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:29 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog9 (View Post)
Fighting is just one of the things that make ZW who they are as a couple.
So true!
I feel like all the couples I ship have some sort of love/hate banter. But those are the best kind!

But I will love you
endlessly
tumblr
Old 11-12-2013, 09:53 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
So true!
I feel like all the couples I ship have some sort of love/hate banter. But those are the best kind!
They are the most entertaining and have lots of passion!
Old 11-12-2013, 10:42 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
So true!
I've been in the same relationship for umpty-ump years (as in more years than I want to admit to). It hasn't all been lols, but I wouldn't trade that history for even a season two version of Wade (all cloning jokes aside).

I have numerous family members who, in their relationships, have more than double or triple the number of years together that I do -- and they're truly examples of the "best kind" of relationships because they clearly still want to spend every possible moment together!

All of us still banter and fight and disagree and love each other. To me, that's the reality of true love -- two people who are both separate individuals and a couple that supports each other wholly and completely working out how to be both separate and joined in deep bands of love and respect don't ever mean that the relationship has to be boring!

For me, the problem with Zoe and Joel is that they're not really individuals, as such. Zoe says jump and Joel says "how high?" which is a problem she's had with the ex who dumped her without her realizing there was any problem, with George, with the J-named vet (this alliteration has really gotten out of hand!), and with Wade. She thinks that she can tell men what to do and that it'll be their idea of paradise (and why not since LG has set up the series so that no man can resist Zoe Hart's sexual allure?), but that's just not real life (or even good fiction -- it's just a series of men cast as "Mary Sue's").

At least between Zoe and Wade, when she told him to jump, he'd at least give her a hard time about it, and, when she was completely in the wrong, he'd tell her that she was making a mistake. For me, that's the kind of give and take a good relationship takes!

To believe that the former (which might seem like the more peaceful road to follow) seems, to me, to be an arrogant assumption that having someone question your assumptions is a bad thing. The Greeks called such assumptions, "hubris," and I've been seeing a lot of it on HoD since the heart and soul of the show was thrown away during cheatgate....
Closed Thread   Post New Thread