Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2013, 06:26 AM
Extreme Fan

Do you think the writers are writing Zoe and Joel story lines separate from the other characters as a clue that their relationship is doomed? When a person spends her in-bed time with her partner reading about high blood sugar and dementia, there are definitely no sparks flying.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hon-ay 1x11 (View Post)
Do you think the writers are writing Zoe and Joel story lines separate from the other characters as a clue that their relationship is doomed? When a person spends her in-bed time with her partner reading about high blood sugar and dementia, there are definitely no sparks flying.
No I don;t think they are writing it that way because they are doomed. I just think the writers are idiots and are being completely lazy. The only forward motion we have gotten this season is Wade now owns the RJ. Everything else is stuck in the same place as 301. No movement what so ever. All we have gotten is how many way can they put Joel the tool is awkward slapstick situations.
301-writer's block,bug bites, and chafing (Thanks Jill)
302- Ants and food allergies
303-punced by Wade
305-Ziplining
306-magician(make magic and disappear)
307- getting kidnapped(Thanks Tracie I was not sure I could post that here)
And it will continue I am sure.

Last edited by lemers718; 11-12-2013 at 07:25 AM
Old 11-12-2013, 06:49 AM
Extreme Fan

You make me laugh. You forgot 301- writer's block,bug bites, and chafing
Old 11-12-2013, 07:02 AM
Elite Fan

Well next week he manages to get kidnapped by the Truitts. So there you go!
Old 11-12-2013, 07:07 AM
Part-Time Fan

Wherever I read if it on here or facebook page or tv reviews, noone is liking this season, I like everyone have lost all faith this show is ever getting back to where it once was, and if by chance the writers ever realize what they are doign isnt working, and the day they go back to the show it once was might be too late. this show is a few episodes away from losing all there viewers as we have waited long enuf, the joel show is far beyond boring, and no matter what the writers are trying to do it is very bad writing.

If Joel and Zoey went back to NY this show would actually get better instantly. and that saddens me.

Last edited by BG300; 11-12-2013 at 07:31 AM
Old 11-12-2013, 07:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hon-ay 1x11 (View Post)
You make me laugh. You forgot 301- writer's block,bug bites, and chafing

Quote:
Well next week he manages to get kidnapped by the Truitts. So there you go
Thank You Jil & Tracie. I have edited my post. Just goes to show this has become nothing more than the Joel slapstick sitcom show.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:30 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemers718 (View Post)
307- getting kidnapped(Thanks Tracie I was not sure I could post that here)
And it will continue I am sure.
If it is something that is in the promo that airs on TV then it is allowed to be posted here. Those aren't considered spoilers since it has aired on TV.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG300 (View Post)
Wherever I read if it on here or facebook page or tv reviews, noone is liking this season, I like everyone have lost all faith this show is ever getting back to where it once was, and if by chance the writers ever realize what they are doign isnt working, and the day they go back to the show it once was might be too late. this show is a few episodes away from losing all there viewers as we have waited long enuf, the joel show is far beyond boring, and no matter what the writers are trying to do it is very bad writing.

If Joel and Zoey went back to NY this show would actually get better instantly. and that saddens me.
Ain't that the truth. They are just so BOOOORRING. and they are fricken joined at the hips. Why does Joel have to be in 90% of Zoe's scenes?

Thanks for the clarification Tracie!!
Old 11-12-2013, 08:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Cannot wait for Joel to go
Old 11-12-2013, 08:06 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hi, tftnt!

Please don't stone me, but I don't hate this season. I've never watched expecting anything and am being patient with how the story is unfolding because I think they're trying to be often very subtle and poetic with Z/W's love story yet very broad (almost septic and mundane) with Z/J. Last night's show was still pretty entertaining to me, but I agree that it has a different feel to it now that, as Steph26 says, Zoe and Joel interact mostly by themselves instead of with the other main characters. I think maybe this is intended to drive the point that Z/J are N.Y. outsiders and have their own lives apart from the others.

What I love about yesterday's episode (even though no Z/W) are: Wade and Tom's singing, Lemonade's friendship, Bananabeth (lol!), Lavon meeting Annabeth's parents, Dash interrupting Z/J (thanks sir, to spare us from extended Z/J bedroom scenes, which are yucky and strange; otherwise, I don't really mind Joel), and the preview for next week's episode! I also find that Zoe's outfits are more beautiful overall this season so far (when compared to previous seasons), and this helps ease some of the sadness that Z/W are apart.

Joel's purpose:
I think his intended role (other than as an obstacle to delay Z/W's reunion) is to encourage Zoe to be more open with her feelings and communicate better in a relationship. Also, Joel might serve as a positive example to Wade on how to remain faithful to one woman, which would be good.

What I'd like to see happen for Z/W:
-Wade writing a song for and singing it to Zoe.
-Z/W make-up scene.
-Z/W having a heartfelt scene to air their feelings, the hurt that exists between them, but also the love.
-Zoe telling Wade that she loves him too.
-Zoe wearing Wade's shirts again.
-Wade wearing Zoe's shirt (hey, that was really funny in a promo photo for a deleted scene! )
-Zoe finding out that Wade made her gumbo.
-Zoe recognizing that Wade renovating her house is somewhat like the shah who built the Taj Mahal for his wife (equally romantic, except on a smaller scale, yet better since Zoe can see it). I think Wade might have continued to fix other rooms while Zoe was away; hope we'll get to see inside it with Zoe again!
-Their wedding (with Earl alive!)
-Their honeymoon (perhaps N.Y. City or Bora Bora?)
-Their marriage (It would be fun to see how they negotiate everything -- housekeeping, spending habits, childrearing, where they'll live, etc. Will Zoe baby him the way she is babying Joel? )

Did you guys also notice in the Halloween episode, we saw Zoe eating a lollipop and telling Brick there were 42 left? Zoe only eats sweets (like marshmallows or Skittles-like candy) whenever she misses Wade and craves his presence. I think the writers might have been giving a subtle hint that in 42 days or 6 more weeks or in Episode 10, something will happen between Zoe and Wade. What do you guys think?

Thank you all for continuing to watch, for your loyalty to HoD and especially to Z/W!

Oops, sorry that this post is so long! Really excited for next week's new episode!

Edited: mistakenly put "sultan" when this should be "shah" ("emperor"), sorry!
Moyers & Company

Last edited by seabreeze; 11-13-2013 at 07:15 AM
Old 11-12-2013, 08:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

The show is just blah now to me.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:54 AM
Addicted Fan

I want to be positive. One week I like the episode alright and the next week, not so much. My favorite show of all time is Friends, and I didn't like Emily on there, but still enjoyed the show week to week. However, it was much better once she was gone. She was on 14 episodes, but wasn't that prominent in all of them. I could handle Joel a little better if he wasn't so prominent, taking away from the other main characters. Even Zoe's storylines almost revolve around Joel each week.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph26 (View Post)
I want to be positive. One week I like the episode alright and the next week, not so much. My favorite show of all time is Friends, and I didn't like Emily on there, but still enjoyed the show week to week. However, it was much better once she was gone. She was on 14 episodes, but wasn't that prominent in all of them. I could handle Joel a little better if he wasn't so prominent, taking away from the other main characters. Even Zoe's storylines almost revolve around Joel each week.
That is it Steph even Zoe's SL is all about Joel. It is weird and icky. That they have them attached at the hips. I have never seen anything on TV like this. Where a recurring character has taken center stage over the regulars. It is bizarre.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:11 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I've been really trying to be optimistic since the start of this season. We are all pretty much biased because we loved WZ. But, with six episodes, it's really hard to stay optimistic at this point. It's sad when you remember when you couldn't wait until the next episode!
Old 11-12-2013, 09:11 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I've been really trying to be optimistic since the start of this season. We are all pretty much biased because we loved WZ. But, with six episodes, it's really hard to stay optimistic at this point. It's sad when you remember when you couldn't wait until the next episode!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread