Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2013, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

He might as well have said he loves her.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah that was kinda funny and it at least made Wade laugh a little

I did appreciate that Lavon came over to personally apologize to Wade for his outburst at the church. I kow that Wade messed up, but he doesn't deserve everyone rubbing it in his face. I give Zoe a pass cause he did cheat on her, but George, Lavon and other townsfolk it's not their place to keep getting in his face. Of course I'm only giving Zoe a pass for so long cause I certainly haven't forgotten all of the times she has screwed up royally and Wade has forgiven her.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:42 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrynnK (View Post)
I don't think Lavon thought Wade stole the box, I think he was upset that Wade left it unattended so someone else could steal it. He thinks Wade is irresponsible, not a thief. And I think what he said was about wanting Wade to be happy with his life as much as it was about anything else. He wants good things for Wade and hates it when Wade does things to screw up his own happiness. I didn't think it was so bad.

As far as being friends longer with Wade I don't think that means much, a friend is a friend. And sometimes being a friend means telling them things that they don't want to hear but maybe need to hear. Wade listens to Lavon more than he listens to anyone else.
When does anyone ever steal anything in BB. They even leave their door unlocked. It was him venting over him hurting Zoe.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:43 PM
TMM
Loyal Fan

TFTNT thread Joana!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Beatriz (View Post)
Yes, this is exactly what I feel. First I just can't buy this idea that Zoe could be in love with both of them. In my opinion in the first season Zoe loved to hate Wade. She was a few steps to like him. That old story about a tiny line between love and hate... But she didn't really fall in love for him in this moment because she was dreaming with George. But in the season finale when she thought that George would marry, she crossed the line with Wade and although she didn't admit it at first she already liked him. About George she maybe still felt a curiousity about 'what if' but it's definitely not love.
Yeah and that's a big part of my problem with the timing and a future for them. I just don't buy that she still has feelings for him. Everything was more starry-eyed and dreamy, stars aligning BS, and not really based on something real. It made sense coming from a girl who never had a real relationship, but now I just don't buy it. It actually becomes even less plausible than Wade cheating for me (and that's saying a lot!).

Quote:
I think people are being too hard on Lavon. I find this episode with Wade very similar to what happened after the race in season 1. Lavon was just as mad at Zoe for hurting Wade then as he is with Wade now for hurting Zoe. He made Zoe leave his house even though she needed a friend then and was hurting because George had just told her he was going back to Lemon. He was mad at Zoe for messing with Wade's feelings even after he warned her not to. Then they had that scene when she was going to leave for Boston where Lavon told her that he was mad at her but they didn't break up just like Lavon told Wade that they would get through this.

Even though Lavon doesn't have a leg to stand on with the cheating thing, he is friends with both Wade and Zoe and cares about both of them. It is a hard position to be in as a friend and I think we saw in this episode that his actions toward Wade were not just about what he did to Zoe but what Wade did to himself. Lavon was mad at Wade for hurting himself because he cares about him.
This is a really solid point. I've stayed out of the Lavon commentary for the most part, because I feel like I'm a fence sitter with that, but I expected a whole lot worse from him. And, in the context of how he treated Zoe for her bad behavior with Wade, it really does make me feel a little better. Also, I definitely thought the key was him telling Wade he mostly just hurt himself.

Any other thoughts on the episode?
Old 03-06-2013, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Was happy to see Lavon apologize.

I agree with you Teresa about Zoe and George.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:45 PM
Extreme Fan

I really want Lavon to tell Zoe that Wade loves her...when it comes to Wade everyone is always telling bad things about him to Zoe

Maybe we could be the start of something
Old 03-06-2013, 12:46 PM
Passionate Fan

Just read a comment like "Wade and Zoe are all about sex" Really?
Old 03-06-2013, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah they all love to point out Wade's shortcomings while ignoring their own it's a very unattractive trait.

I'm sorry that is the stupidest thing I've ever heard well it's the stupidest thing I've heard today. ZW have had plently of bonding and beautiful moments that have had nothing to do with sex, but if you hate the couple/character you are going to see what you want.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:47 PM
TMM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I don't think Lavon thought Wade stole the box, I think he was upset that Wade left it unattended so someone else could steal it. He thinks Wade is irresponsible, not a thief. And I think what he said was about wanting Wade to be happy with his life as much as it was about anything else. He wants good things for Wade and hates it when Wade does things to screw up his own happiness. I didn't think it was so bad.

As far as being friends longer with Wade I don't think that means much, a friend is a friend. And sometimes being a friend means telling them things that they don't want to hear but maybe need to hear. Wade listens to Lavon more than he listens to anyone else.
Yes, I keep seeing people say that Lavon called him a disappointment, but I actually didn't think that was what he was saying. He essentially said that Wade is always trying to prove to everyone else that he is a disappointment, and they get it now, so he can stop trying to prove that. I think that was actually about caring for Wade, because it's hard to watch a person you know is good do so many things to sabotage themselves. It reminded me of when Lavon first pushed Wade to go after Zoe... saying that he was a good person but always trying to act like he wasn't.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:50 PM
TMM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog9 (View Post)
Liked Lavon's line about being too tall to lose.
You know what I loved best about that, was the way Wilson said the line "You know what I mean." He was so despondent there and it broke my heart, but it was such good acting on his part. He didn't even crack a smile.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

He wasn't trying to be a disappointment.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:55 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog9 (View Post)
He might as well have said he loves her.
no Kate they are holding that part for the season finale! At least I hope so Can't stop imagining how this moment will be
Old 03-06-2013, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

I can see Wade saying it in the finale, just not sure he'd be saying it to Zoe.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wade never set out to hurt anyone yet he ended up hurting Zoe and himself so it's not like he doesn't feel like crap about what he did. The thing that stops me from hating Wade (aside from WB's adorable puppy dog look) is he seems geuinely sad, remorseful and heartbroken over what he did. I have seen cheating sl's where the one who cheated said they were sorry, but it was like they expected for the other person to forgive them just like that or they tried to blame it on the other person or they just kept doing it none of those has happened with Wade.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:00 PM
Extreme Fan

The way he looks at her, kisses her, please kill me ♥

Maybe we could be the start of something
Closed Thread   Post New Thread