Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-29-2004, 10:51 AM
Passionate Fan

The Family - a pyoc/myoc rp

This is loosely based on the Night World Series by L.J. Smith.

This is about a group of born vampires (or lamia: vampires who are born to other vampires) who have lost their parents and now live together as a very jacked up family.

These vampires are like humans except for having supernatural abilities and needing to drink blood. They can walk out into the sun, holy water does not bother them, but wood is deadly poison. They can grow old if they choose. They can stop growing at any time. If they die, their true age will show on their corpse.

All eight live in a house given to them by Jaise's grandparents who took care of them up until their death five years ago. Their parents are dead, but they provided for their children well in their wills. The children don't necessarily have to work, but your character can have a job if they want one.

The vampires are not well liked in the community, although no one knows what they truly are. The community mostly dislikes the fact that there are so many of them living together and none of them are married.

We need some bad guys and some friends (the friends can know or not know they are vampires). [img]smilies/star.gif[/img] There is a B/G rule [img]smilies/star.gif[/img] You must take at least one already made character, but MYOCs are unlimited unless there is not enough people taking already made characters.

Name: characters name
Vampire Age: real age
Appearance: what age they appear to be
Personality: 5 adjectives (be creative with this)
Life Story: at least three lines...this could be how there parents died, who they are friends with, how they came to live in the house, hobbies, etc...basically, whatever you want to write for your MYOCs
Taken By: your name
Played By: who's playing this character and a pic or link

Name: Jaise Bradshaw
Vampire Age: 21
Appearance: 21
Personality: fiesty, opinionated, independent, tough, tomboyish
Life Story: She went to live with her grandparents after her parents were killed by vampire slayers. She loves to fight and has trained in martial arts. She doesn't get along with Nyssa and her best friend in Rain.
Taken By: AliasUnknown
Played By: Jaime King

Name: Malachai Archan
Vampire Age: 26
Appearance: 26
Personality: tempermental, strong, impatient, explosive, dangerous
Life Story: His parents died right after he was born. Jaise's grandparents took him in a he grew up around Jaise and her family. He is the undisputed leader of them all. He loves Jaise secretly, but is involved with Nyssa.
Played By: Vin Diesel

Name: Rain Anders
Appearance: 17
Personality: outgoing, fun, high-spirited, spunky, contagious
Life Story: Her mother died when she was five, and her father died when she was seventeen, that's why she chooses to look seventeen. She is best friends with Jaise. She loves Bran. She's a little bit punk.
Taken By: Dimaranwen
Played By: Keira Knightley

Name: Sky Anders
Vampire Age: 25
Appearance: 21
Personality: quiet, serious, thoughtful, dependable, fatherly
Life Story: He is Rain's older brother. He might not be the leader, but he's the unofficial father of the group. He stopped aging at twenty-one because of a pact he made with Rain. He loves Raven.
Taken By: JillyHalliwell
Played By: Paul Walker

Name: Raven Chase
Personality: classy, smart, outgoing, interdependent, funny
Life Story: She met the gang when she moved from her home in L.A. to go to college. She doesn't not know that they are vampires, but she loves Sky
Taken By: The Fifth Element
Played By: Jessica Alba

Name: Nyssa Capshaw
Vampire Age: 25
Appearance: 25
Personality: haughty, sexy, stuck up, charming, clever
Life Story: Her parents died when she was twenty. The Bradshaws took her in because she had nowhere else to go. She seduced Malachai and they've been together since.
Taken By: just me
Played By: Sarah Michelle Gellar

Name: Bran West
Vampire Age: 22
Apperarance: 22
Personality: laid back, casual, easy-going, funny, charming
Life Story: His parents died in a fire when he was three, he lived with Jaise and her parents til they died, then he went to live with the Bradshaws. He's very likeable, and he secretly loves Rain
Played By: Ryan Gosling

Name: Devlin Daratrazanoff
Vampire Age: 82
Appearance: 32
Personality: evil, conceited, arrogant, rich, sly.
PB: Stuart Townsend

Name: Cedrick Jefferson
Personality: Pensive, Compassionate, Perceptive, Reliable , Charismatic
Life Story: Cedrick has been friends with the family for about five years, and he knows their secret. He's closest to Nyssa and has even developed feelings for her. He knows almost everything about every member of the family, which usually means he knows too much. They confide in him, and sometimes, he doesn't know what to do with the information if it means hurting someone else.
PB: Stephen Dorff

Name: Marion Rodchester
Personality: Sweet-natured. Intelligent. Strong. Friendly. Determined.
Life story: Marion was only fourteen when she was told of her duty as a vampire slayer. She did her job but was never pasionate about it. She rarely hunted unless she learned of a group of vampires who were going to do harm. Until a group set her up. She was brought out to fight them and while she was doing that the leader's best friend went and burned her house to the ground. Her mother, father, twin sister, and her infant brother were all killed. She was seventeen when it happened. She stayed with an uncle for a year and then set out on her own. She is more serious about her duties now and is seeking the left-over members of the grop who killed her family.She is friends with the group and has no idea they are vampires. She has never been that great at detecting them. They also do not know about her. They are basically the only friends she has.
Taken by: JillyHalliwell
Played by: Erika Christensen

Name: Adam
Personality: Shy, reserved, intelligent, agile, intuitive
Life Story: Adam has lived on his own most of his life. He ran away from his foster home at age 9 since he felt he never really fit in and never knew his real parents. He is a bit of a loner but tries to part of the group. He is best friends with Raven even though she doesn't know he's a vampire (there will be no romance between them).
TB: The Fifth Element
PB: Ian Somerhalder

[ 05-03-2004: Message edited AliasUnknown ]

[ 05-03-2004: Message edited *Bel* ]

[ 05-04-2004: Message edited AliasUnknown ]
Old 04-29-2004, 11:10 AM
Elite Fan

Can I please have Sky? I was also wondering maybe I could have a friend/enemy...a girl who knows them but is a slayer and isn't currently aware that they are vampires..if you don't like the idea its completely fine.

-Pammie

"One must always be careful of books," said Tessa,"and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us." -Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
[ICON CREDIT: sourburst]
Old 04-29-2004, 01:07 PM
Ultimate Fan

I'll take Rain and a made up friend

Robb
Old 04-29-2004, 01:55 PM
Passionate Fan

JillyHalliwell, that's fine, I added you both. Thanks.
Old 04-30-2004, 06:36 AM
Passionate Fan

I've updated the first page, I just need profiles ASAP for made ups.
Thanks
Old 04-30-2004, 06:59 AM
Extreme Fan

I love the night world series, they are great. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] are you going to have the soul mates thing as well? and also is this going to be just a vampire rpg or is it also a witch and werewolve one as well? Love the idea. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-30-2004, 02:33 PM
Ultimate Fan

This sounds very interesting and intriguing...could I be Raven? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]
Old 04-30-2004, 09:00 PM
Addicted Fan

omg this is so weird. i was just going to start a vampRPG called 'the family' (obviously i will have to call it somthing else now) and here is one. well i would like Nyssa and a made up male bad guy character...
Name: Devlin Daratrazanoff
Vampire Age: 82
Appearance: 32
Personality: evil, conceted, arrogant, rich, sly.
PB:
Stuart Townsend

[ 04-30-2004: Message edited just me ]
Old 05-01-2004, 09:57 AM
Passionate Fan

I added everyone, but I need a male for The Fifth Element and I need profiles for made ups ASAP. Thanks, and I hope to get started soon. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 05-01-2004, 11:12 AM
Ultimate Fan

Name: Cedrick Jefferson
Personality: Pensive, Compassionate, Perceptive, Reliable , Charismatic
Life Story: Cedrick has been friends with the family for about five years, and he knows their secret. He's closest to Nyssa and has even developed feelings for her. He knows almost everything about every member of the family, which usually means he knows too much. They confide in him, and sometimes, he doesn't know what to do with the information if it means hurting someone else.
PB: Stephen Dorff
Old 05-01-2004, 07:51 PM
Passionate Fan

Dimaranwen, I added you to the first post.
Old 05-02-2004, 08:49 PM
Passionate Fan

Anyone else? If not, I'll take Malachai and then we can get started, I just need a profile from JillyHalliwell.
Old 05-02-2004, 11:37 PM
Ultimate Fan

Well, I could be Sky if you needed me to be a male. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]
Old 05-03-2004, 07:35 AM
Passionate Fan

Sky's already taken, you can play just Raven, that's fine, I'll take Malachai and we can get started.
Old 05-03-2004, 09:10 AM
Passionate Fan

ooc: I'm going to go ahead and get this started. JillyHalliwell, you can just PM me your MYOC profile and I'll add it later. I also forgot to add that the vampires need human food just as much as they need blood. They only need the blood to give them their supernatural powers.

Setting:
The house is off on a secluded street surrounded by woods. It's an old plantation style house with six bedrooms, six baths, a gym, living room, dining room, kitchen, and laundry room.

Jaise
I plopped down on the leather couch in the living room, turning the TV on. There was nothing much to do since all the boys were in the gym doing whatever it is that they do, and Rain had gone shopping without me. I could hear and smell Bran in the kitchen making something...a burnt something. "What are you making?" I yelled to him.

Bran
I heard Jaise yelling at me and I yelled back, "Scrambled eggs...well, they were eggs." I threw the burnt bits of egg into the trash can and went into the living room to sit down next to Jaise. "Where's Rain?" I asked. It was common knowledge to everyone except Rain that I was in love with her.

Malachai
I hit the punching bag as hard as I could, ripping a hole in the already-damaged fabric. I was confused. Nyssa and I had been "together" for almost five years. Yet I didn't love her. It was lust, yes, but definitely not love. And then there was Jaise. She had been like a little sister to me since we had known each other, yet she was becoming more and more attractive every time I saw her. I kicked the bag hard, sending it flying off the chain and into the corner. I needed to get control of myself so I went upstairs. I could smell burning food and I knew instantly that Bran was upstairs cooking.

[ 05-03-2004: Message edited AliasUnknown ]