Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2013, 03:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Welcome back, Renae and Katja! I'm glad to see you here!

Well, I agree that incest seems to be all over cable TV these days. Jaime and Cersei(don't tell me what happens to them in the books. I don't wanna know), that Boardwalk Empire thing, and now there's the Bates Motel thing with Norman Bates and his mom which is......eww.

Wow! You shipped Shannon/Boone, May? So did I! I knew there was something up with those two from the beginning. But they're step-siblings, not really related to each other, and neither are Dexter and Deb, since he's adopted, so I don't think they count in the same way that Cesare and Lucrezia do. As for Neil Jordan, I have no idea what is up with him anymore or what he may do. I've said before that I find it hard to believe that the director of The Crying Game and Interview With The Vampire would be squeamish when it comes to Cesare/Lucrezia incest. I mean, Lestat and his own mother, Gabrielle, were lovers in the novels after he turned her into a vampire!

I highly doubt it's a dream sequence at this point, Roon. If it is, I'll be very disappointed.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:58 PM
Addicted Fan

I agree Alex, I don't think it's a dream sequence. That would be too cruel on the part of the writers show two promos and then have it all be a fakeout. They would have a lot of angry and upset fans.

Truth be told, I wasn't sure I was even going to watch Season 3 to be honest, I couldn't take another season of C/L being dangled and going nowhere. Now with the promo, I'll probably buy the season 3 DVD when it comes out LOL, actually I'll probably buy the set.

I have also changed my mind in regards to the sequence of events, in the original promo the quick flash of Lucrezia in black and white walking and letting her hair down, she has on the necklace from the boob grab scene and it looks like she is walking somewhere quickly and looking around. With the second promo I think she is heading to Cesare's room. Soooo with all that, I now agree that the "want and wanting" scene probably happens before the "only a borgia can love a borgia".
Old 02-03-2013, 09:00 PM
Master Fan

I still think the want and wanting scene is before anything else, and I'm not almost sure it's not a dream.. but as well as the armor scene, where they almost for sure share a kiss.. but I think in the want and wanting scene Lucrezia will stop and they won't kiss.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:16 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYPoster (View Post)
I agree Alex, I don't think it's a dream sequence. That would be too cruel on the part of the writers show two promos and then have it all be a fakeout. They would have a lot of angry and upset fans.
I totally agree, it would be absolutely disappointing if they were just teasing.
But even Holliday kind of confirmed it in her interview. So I still have my hopes up.

Quote:
Well, I agree that incest seems to be all over cable TV these days.
Isn't there incest on True Blood, too? I just read something about it regarding Eric and his sister. But I'm not very much into that show and watched just a few episodes.

Quote:
Its interesting to me and surprising just how many people ship C/L though considering they are siblings
For me it is their amazing chemistry. I just fell in love with them.

After watching the "give in to sin" promo again, I'm pretty sure that it is Cesare and Lucrezia in the scene where someone is grabbing a womans leg. It looks like his ring, comparing to the armour scene. And Lucrezia often wears dresses with the same colour.
Still wondering why this promo isn't on Youtube. And a better quality would be nice. :-)

Last edited by Katja82; 02-04-2013 at 04:06 AM
Old 02-04-2013, 05:12 AM
Master Fan

Ah yes, the picture of someone grabbing a woman's leg: it's certainly Lucrezia. You can see the same piece of cloth lying on the bed, when she is pulling Cesare to her (want and wanting scene). I hope the man grabbing her leg is Cesare of course!!!
Old 02-04-2013, 05:39 AM
Addicted Fan

If that is Lucrezia's leg then it's Cesare, that 15 second promo was all about them. "Give in to Sin" indeed.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:45 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cahe64 (View Post)
Ah yes, the picture of someone grabbing a woman's leg: it's certainly Lucrezia. You can see the same piece of cloth lying on the bed, when she is pulling Cesare to her (want and wanting scene).
Really? Is it the same? If that's the case, I'm again wondering about the timeline.
The leg-grabbing-scene is at night (candle light), so...does ist happen after the want and wanting scene and she is just wearing the same dress?
Old 02-04-2013, 07:37 AM
Master Fan

If you compare the screencaps, you can recognize the same pattern of her coat. I'm also very curious about the timeline!!! I guess the "leg grabbing" is yet another scene.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Source: if anything happened to her i'd die
Old 02-04-2013, 01:57 PM
Master Fan

Woah, woah, woah! I didn't know you could see her robe/dress is the same in both scenes.. It'll make sense, order of things would be want and wanting, armor, leg grabbing, sex/boob grabbing... But the only thing that makes me believe Ces is the one grabbing the leg is because of the armor, the ring, he's wearing it in the other hand in the armor/almost kiss scene.. So unless they mirrored the leg grabbing clip or forgot where Ces uses his ring, it could be someone else.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hello, Renae! I also agree, Renae. They can only tease the audience so much. After that promo they have to deliver on something, or else they're really gonna lose their audience.

Hey, May! I don't want to think about that, May. I don't want that kiss scene to be a c***-block and have it go nowhere. That would be cruel.

Hello, Katja! As for True Blood, Eric and his sister Nora aren't really related to each other biologically. They have the same maker, Godric, which makes them Vampire siblings, but in life Eric and Nora were born centuries apart to different families. But they do share a lot of incestuous dialogue. I've mentioned this on youtube how this trend seems to be all over the place on cable TV. I just hope Cesare and Lucrezia aren't a tease.

Hello, Caroline! I hope you're right about that scene with her leg. I hope that's Cesare as well!
Old 02-04-2013, 04:39 PM
Master Fan

Mine
Old 02-04-2013, 08:54 PM
Addicted Fan

Okay where can I find screencaps of the 15 second promo?

If the same piece of cloth is in both scenes, may be the leg grab happens and then later in the same episode the "want and wanting" happens? Maybe Lucrezia is playing a seductive game, "leg grab" as a tease in some random corner, then she has Cesare meet her and he finds her naked on the bed?

In regards to the armour scene, anyone remember the initial teaser promo, isn't that the scene where Cesare says something "I promise you they will never know peace again?" I wonder what he is referring to, this is when Lucrezia is hugging him from behind.

Last edited by NYPoster; 02-04-2013 at 09:01 PM
Old 02-05-2013, 12:13 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Okay where can I find screencaps of the 15 second promo?

The Borgias Fan Wiki Photos - The Borgias Fan Wiki

I think there are some screencaps.

Quote:
In regards to the armour scene, anyone remember the initial teaser promo, isn't that the scene where Cesare says something "I promise you they will never know peace again?" I wonder what he is referring to, this is when Lucrezia is hugging him from behind.
Do you have a link to that teaser? I forgot where I saw it and would like to watch it again.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:44 AM
Master Fan

Blah Blah

^ Here it is. It's only on tumblr, as far as I know.. yes the armor scene is the same as in that bad quality teaser.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread