Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2013, 12:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYPoster (View Post)
Good pick up, it would make sense for them to pickup right after the poisoning, in the clip of Micheletto with S2 hair, is Cesare's hair longer? Vanozza covering up something may be blood, didn't the poison make you bleed from the nose?

I'm confident Lucrezia isn't trying to play Cesare, sleeping with him seems to be a bit drastic if that were the case. Also they are way too close and their relationship isn't anything like Fontana's C/L. Lucrezia is the only one who knows Cesare completely and she accepts him completely.

We need another promo lol. Isn't there usually like a 2 minute promo or something?

I like theory that she means they can love each other unconditionally warts and all. Lucrezia herself is capable of darkness (when she tried to kill Juan) so she understands that in Cesare.
Cesare's hair looks kinda long.. but the scene is quite dark so I can't really see the length.. it's definitely not S2's wig tho.

I think there's only a 1 min promo or 1 and something min.. and we got the almost 1 min promo so it's probably the most we'll get. Last year they had the character teasers, those were like 20 sec and were pretty cool but didn't really provide any "spoilers" other than Lucrezia was going to get a panther hopefully we'll get something like that, just to help with the withdrawal!
Old 02-02-2013, 01:49 PM
Dedicated Fan

Im so glad C & L is going places... at least one of my ships has to work. Yay NJ for working with that giant smorgasboard of chemistry (and listening to the fans I think). I wish more producers would do that.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You made a very good point about the distiction between Cesare and Lucreizia in Fontana's show and they way they are in The Borgias, Renae. I don't think she'd play him like that either.

Let's hope so, Roon. I'm glad to see you here, btw. I hope the family is well.

yeah, the hair length thing has been puzzling me as well, May.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:54 PM
Master Fan

Roon, I get your feels, cause the only canon pair I'm shipping right now is Jaime/Cersei and we all know that's not going to end up well at all

I'm glad they went there because it makes sense, it was rumored so it's not like they're pulling it out of their asses and because I ship the pair like a crazy person! So it's not really that much that NJ "listened" to us.. but that he had the gut to go for something he's been teasing since the pilot but didn't dare to do.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:41 PM
Extreme Fan

I cant wait for it!
Why is not april yet?
Old 02-03-2013, 07:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Welcome to the Cesare/Lucrezia thread and The Borgias board, miss vieira! We're pleased to meet you!

Is this your first time coming to the board? I hope you can come back and post again more often.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:29 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGSAFDMD (View Post)
Roon, I get your feels, cause the only canon pair I'm shipping right now is Jaime/Cersei and we all know that's not going to end up well at all

I'm glad they went there because it makes sense, it was rumored so it's not like they're pulling it out of their asses and because I ship the pair like a crazy person! So it's not really that much that NJ "listened" to us.. but that he had the gut to go for something he's been teasing since the pilot but didn't dare to do.
I do not ship any couple in GoT at all because I have read the books and um ... well... yeah no word about spoilers from me lol.

I do think that some producers/script writers etc do read forums/social media though. Wouldnt surprise me if NJ did that too. Some shows are really good at listening to the fans and taking on board what they want from shows - Stargate was a really good example of that, and a very successful show to boot.

After all its the fans that are the reasons shows succeed or fail. Listen to US!
Old 02-03-2013, 10:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Well, I have to see it to believe it. Still don't trust NJ.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:04 AM
Addicted Fan

In regards to NJ, I don't think he originally intended to "go there" when the series started. However I do think a significant portion of the audience are C/L fans and if not outright shippers they are intrigued by the relationship so in the end he may have had no choice.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:36 AM
Master Fan

If he didn't wanna go there he shouldn't have teased tho.. and the relationship between C/L was platonic, yes.. but notoriously WEIRD and not very sibling-like.. so I'm sure that if he didn't go there from S1 is because he didn't know the audience would react as well as they did with that plot.

Now that bunch of other shows pulled incest out of their asses (Boardwalk and Dexter) I guess production/Showtime realized that the show that could definitely go there and not be punished is The Borgias and that it would also bring possibly more viewers so they went for it.

Roon, I kinda know what happens to C/J in the books.. and that's why I expressed my feels with the bawl emoticon.

I do know writers check forums, there's actually a couple writers from a show called Skins that check THIS forum and post here once in a while, surprising since there's not much movement here anymore at least for that fandom, they still check what we've got to say about the show. FANFORUM OWNS RESPECT
Old 02-03-2013, 12:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

Its interesting to me and surprising just how many people ship C/L though considering they are siblings. Step-siblings has become almost par for the course lately I think with Dexter, Boone and Shannon in Lost etc.

Re GoT, part of my reluctance to ship anyone is also because I dont think even George RR Martin knows where his characters are going yet! And likes to kill people off on a whim too. So totally understand the bawl smilie!
Old 02-03-2013, 01:04 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL.Arinna_1982 (View Post)
Well, I have to see it to believe it. Still don't trust NJ.
After watching the first promo, I wasn't so sure either they would actually go there. But the give in to sin promo actually convinced me. To me it seemed as if the Showtime people read the comments and realized that the fans thought the first promo was probably just a tease and only dream sequences, so they gave us the second promo.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

I still think that's a teasing. If they want to go there AND go there this season, it'd be a huge surprise for me. Surprising, I know. It's been rumored that Cesare and Lucrezia are something more than siblings. Yes, I know the same rumor goes for her and Rodrigo. However, there were much more proves of her closeness to Cesare. They were way too close and they cared deeply for one another. I think it was Machiavelli (I think, but not sure ), who's written in his book that Cesare loves only one person and that's his sister.

So, I think if NJ wants to go there, there would be no problem.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:40 PM
Master Fan

I shipped Boone and Shannon tbh.. but they didn't even grow up together, now Dexter and Deb did.. since they were kids, that's a bit more harsh. Not like I complain, I think they have great chemistry, I don't even watch the show and I ship Debster but as far as I know, it came out of nowhere..

Well, I pretty much knew who was going to die in S1 before watching the last episodes, unfortunately I got pretty spoiled.. and then I got spoiled with some book3 deaths and I think those are going to hurt way more than the S1/S2 ones (well maybe not more than Drogo, but equally)
Old 02-03-2013, 02:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

Sigh... Sean Bean... very time. And I adore that man. Thank goodness for Sharpe!

C and L Im really hoping its not all just dream sequences honestly!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread