Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2013, 07:26 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katja82 (View Post)
I looked it up. In History Lucrezia married Alfonso in 1498 and they stayed in Rome. She gave birth to her son Rodrigo in 1499 (November). Alfonso was murdered in August 1500. She married second Alfonso in 1501 and gave birth to eight children during that marriage.

So if they stuck to that timeline in the series, then Rodrigo could be Cesares child.
Thanks for the info Can't wait to see what they planned for us in the Borgias!!!
Old 01-31-2013, 07:41 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cahe64 (View Post)
Thanks for the info Can't wait to see what they planned for us in the Borgias!!!
You're welcome.
I'm too very excited for this new season.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:49 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katja82 (View Post)
I looked it up. In History Lucrezia married Alfonso in 1498 and they stayed in Rome. She gave birth to her son Rodrigo in 1499 (November). Alfonso was murdered in August 1500. She married second Alfonso in 1501 and gave birth to eight children during that marriage.

So if they stuck to that timeline in the series, then Rodrigo could be Cesares child.

For logical reasons it could be Cesares child, but even though they decided to do all this "incestous" stuff after all, I cannot bring myself to believe that they would really kind of "confirm" to us that it is Cesares .... could be too much? At least i fear.

But it would be great, would it not?
Old 01-31-2013, 08:01 AM
Extreme Fan

Well as caroline said, there could be some speculation about who's the father of the child. They even can't be sure after the baby's born, because Alfonso and Cesare have the same dark curly hair and the same skin tone, maybe even the same eye colour.

Last edited by Katja82; 01-31-2013 at 08:17 AM
Old 01-31-2013, 08:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks, Caroline. I'll remember that name from now on. And try not to double-post, as FF management doesn't like that. Just wait until someone posts after you, or use your "edit message" function to add more stuff to your post.

I believe it was actually Lucrezia's first child that was rumored to be Cesare's after Lucrezia's first husband, Giovanni Sforza, accused Cesare and Lucrezia of incest. On the show they have Paolo as the father of Lucrezia's first born, but no one is really sure who the father is, as she was actually having an affair with Rodrigo's messenger, Perotto, at the time. But Cesare did give Lucrezia's first child his estate, which is something a father usually does for a son, sooooo........

As for Alfonso, and Lucrezia's second child, I have no idea where the show is gonna go with that. Like I said earlier, they may try to have all the stuff that took place during Lucrezia's marriage to Giovanni in the history happen with Alfonso on the show.....including the accusations of incest and the uncertian paternity of Lucrezia's child, Rodrigo. But this is only speculative.

I have to go to bed and take a nap, cuz I just got home from working the overnight shift. I'll see you all a little later today! Welcome to all the new posters!
Old 01-31-2013, 08:50 AM
Master Fan

Thanks I'm not very familiair with FF, so let's hope that everything goes well.
Yes, are right about the historical stuff. But the writers change alot in the series.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh yes, the writers are changing lots of stuff - some good, but most of them bad in my opinion. I really hope they make sure that Cesare/Lucrezia thing will happen in this season though.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cahe64 (View Post)
Thanks I'm not very familiair with FF, so let's hope that everything goes well.
Yes, are right about the historical stuff. But the writers change alot in the series.
I was exactly the same way, Caroline. Just ask Arinna how hopeless I was when I first joined FF. I didn't even know how to create an thumbnail avatar or a signature.

Yes, that is true. The writers are moving events that happened historically into different times with different characters. No mention of Perotto, and Giulia Farnese's brother Alessandro has not been seen in the series yet, even though he's supposed to be a childhood friend and fellow cardinal to Cesare. So it'll be interesting to see how the writers "adjust" things with the whole Cesare/Lucrezia/Alfonso thing.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:24 PM
Master Fan

Haha, so there is hope

You're right...let's hope that the "changes" turn out to be good for the love triangle. That's why it's historical fiction, and not a documentary
Old 01-31-2013, 02:40 PM
Addicted Fan

I don't know if the show would have Cesare father Lucrezia's child, they may go down the incest route but I think they may draw the line at a pregnancy. Even if paternity were in question it would be hard because Alfonso and Cesare do favor each other.

The timeline is the question for us all, if plan to write in Lucrezia's pregnancy and birth of her child with Alfonso, they need to keep them married for some time, how are they going to put that in a few episodes?

We need some cast interviews stat!

Also does Alfonso know about Lucrezia's son? I can't remember if he knew she had a child last season.

Last edited by NYPoster; 01-31-2013 at 02:45 PM Reason: last line
Old 01-31-2013, 04:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's a good question, Renae. Lucreizia's first pregnancy only lasted the latter half of season one, so it's possible they could fit another pregnancy into this season. And I think Alfonso must have known about Lucrezia's child before he agreed to marry her.

I'll see you all later. I'm going to see a movie tonight, so take care, everyone!
Old 01-31-2013, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I remember in The Tudors, Anne found out she was pregnant has a miscarriage and another baby all in the space of one episode.

This is a great bit of speculation somebody posted on tumblr. I feel that this truly is the way everything might go down - http://decl.tumblr.com/post/41971697...rezia-parts-of
Old 01-31-2013, 05:28 PM
Master Fan

Yeap, she posted it here on Fanforum, I still don't think Cesare will witness... I just can't think of Alfonso agreeing to this... I like the idea tho!

Mine. Definitely didn't come out the way I had it in mind.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGSAFDMD (View Post)
Yeap, she posted it here on Fanforum, I still don't think Cesare will witness... I just can't think of Alfonso agreeing to this... I like the idea tho!
She did?! My bad.
I couldnt of him agreeing to it either at first but it would make sense (keeping with the time period). Perhaps Rodrigo chooses who'll be the witness/witnesses and because of his stature Alfonso agrees . April can't come soon enough.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:52 PM
Master Fan

Or maybe they don't even know who will witness just that someone will? that'll make some sense, I guess.. did you notice the outfit Ces is wearing in that bedroom stalking clip looks very much like the one he's using when Lucrezia hits him?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread