Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2013, 07:03 PM
Addicted Fan

I like that analysis, however maybe Cesare isn't the only witness, just one of the witnesses. The scene looks like there could be other people around the "scene". I think I am also firmly on the witness train now LOL because why else would L/A make love in the open and it would explain them sitting apart when it's finished. Alfonso may not want Cesare there but maybe he has no choice or as DGSAFDMD said, Alfonso won't know WHO will witness.

I would change only two things in that, I think the boob grab occurs before the "want and wanting". Cesare does look surprised in the "want and wanting" but in the second 15 second promo he looks pretty comfy when he bends down to the bed. Also since I don't think it's a dream and Lucrezia looks comfortably seductive I still say it's a surprise lovers tryst that she planned hence Cesare's look.

Her look when she says "only a Borgia can love a Borgia", she does look a bit sad, maybe she is saddened by the fact that her love for brother will impede her ability to have a healthy normal relationship? Maybe they had a serious discussion about their feelings that can never be expressed in public ? or they realize how difficult it will be for them? *shrugs* Even though C/L are going forward with the incest IF this is the first time maybe they aren't fully comfortable with the idea . Whereas in the "want and wanting" scene they seem very comfortable and same with the armor.

ETA: lots of "maybes" LOL

Last edited by NYPoster; 01-31-2013 at 07:22 PM
Old 01-31-2013, 11:19 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGSAFDMD (View Post)
Or maybe they don't even know who will witness just that someone will? that'll make some sense, I guess.. did you notice the outfit Ces is wearing in that bedroom stalking clip looks very much like the one he's using when Lucrezia hits him?
Well yeah, maybe that is how their whole relationship changes to something beyond flirtatious banter. Maybe Lucrezia realizes due to him having witnessed her (or I don't know, maye he says something or she or... idk) that their feelings run deeper. Could be the key?

Last edited by Anahid; 01-31-2013 at 11:57 PM
Old 02-01-2013, 12:35 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYPoster (View Post)

I would change only two things in that, I think the boob grab occurs before the "want and wanting". Cesare does look surprised in the "want and wanting" but in the second 15 second promo he looks pretty comfy when he bends down to the bed. Also since I don't think it's a dream and Lucrezia looks comfortably seductive I still say it's a surprise lovers tryst that she planned hence Cesare's look.
But would he ask "what is this game, sis?", if they were already...familiar with each other? Ok, maybe he refers to the seduction-in-bright-daylight-situation, where they could be easily caught...
But I'm still wondering about the order of the "want and wanting" scene.
He comes into the room, looking pretty shocked. And I think he still looks a bit overwhelmed when they almost kiss. But when does the playing-with-her-foot scene start? After he leans down? Or after everything?

We need more promotional stuff, I'm running out of ideas.

Last edited by Katja82; 02-01-2013 at 02:03 AM
Old 02-01-2013, 05:51 AM
Addicted Fan

Kat I agree, we need more stuff, some promo pictures would be nice. The speculation train is running low on gas

Maybe Cesare is shocked because he didn't realize Lucrezia could be so overtly sexual..I think on some level he still sees her as his innocent sister, I'm probably wrong though lol.

Actually I want to change my statement, I said Lucrezia looked sad when she said "Borgia can love a Borgia"...maybe it isn't exactly sad but contemplative. The look she has is the same one she had when she asked Cesare in season 1 "so love and marriage, are they not compatible ?" when she told him she could never love a husband as she does him.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:15 AM
Master Fan

I am not trying to be mean or anything, but Holliday seems to make that face very often, she has the same BLANK expression in the want and wanting bit.. in the promo, so I wouldn't try to guess anything by her facial expressions tbh.

I still think that if the sex scene in the dark is real, happens after everything else but before the armor scene.

One thing, seems like they're taking the first ep right after the poisoning? or at least a bit of it, cause Vanozza covering something with a sheet, I realized her outfit is the same as in the S2 finale and Micheletto has S2 hair in a clip where he's behind Cesare but we know Micheletto's hair will be way longer, cause in the BTS pics you could see the new wig..
Old 02-01-2013, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Or maybe she wants to make sure that Cesare knows that even now. That no matter how much she loves Alfonso, she'll always love Cesare more.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:49 AM
Master Fan

That'd be nice, but the phrase says something else really, she's saying ONLY a BORGIA can love a Borgia.. like only he can love her and only she can love him.. but Alfonso is clearly interested in her, why would she say that?
Old 02-01-2013, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Maybe Alfonso disappointed her in a way? Maybe it's before their wedding? Maybe he asked her about her and Cesare?
Old 02-01-2013, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think it's because that Lucrezia is only marrying suitors for her family obligations, but her heart really only belongs to Cesare. She told him she could never love a husband as she loves him, remember? The Paolo thing notwithstanding.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:18 PM
Extreme Fan

I agree with Alex.

Maybe Lucrezia means only a Borgia can love a Borgia unconditionally. They know each other so well and nothing, not even murder can change their love for each other. Alfonso might be a good man, but that doesn't mean that he will love her as much as Cesare. She probably wants a man who loves her despite her family and reputation.
I remember Giovanni Sforza resenting her for just being a Borgia. That probably won't be the case with Alfonso and he will treat her well and love her, but it won't be enough. And maybe she wants to make her own choices.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:35 PM
Master Fan

I'd love if that's actually what she means.. because the theory of her going to Cesare just because Alfonso doesn't really "love her" or has issues with her family really bothers me. I would expect more from the writers.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'd believe that she's trying to play him or going to him, just because she feels ignored if that was Borgia. I don't think that's gonna be the case in The Borgias. They are way too close for that.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:57 PM
Master Fan

Exactly, that's why I mentioned that the more I see the promo and read the theories the more this Lucrezia sounds like Borgia's Lucrezia.. this Lucrezia was innocent and naive in S1, she wasn't a pain as Borgia's, so after having a kid and growing up becoming someone that has similar personality to a 14/15 year old (if that's the age Isola portrays in Borgia) would be incredibly bad writing.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:30 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGSAFDMD (View Post)

One thing, seems like they're taking the first ep right after the poisoning? or at least a bit of it, cause Vanozza covering something with a sheet, I realized her outfit is the same as in the S2 finale and Micheletto has S2 hair in a clip where he's behind Cesare but we know Micheletto's hair will be way longer, cause in the BTS pics you could see the new wig..

Good pick up, it would make sense for them to pickup right after the poisoning, in the clip of Micheletto with S2 hair, is Cesare's hair longer? Vanozza covering up something may be blood, didn't the poison make you bleed from the nose?

I'm confident Lucrezia isn't trying to play Cesare, sleeping with him seems to be a bit drastic if that were the case. Also they are way too close and their relationship isn't anything like Fontana's C/L. Lucrezia is the only one who knows Cesare completely and she accepts him completely.

We need another promo lol. Isn't there usually like a 2 minute promo or something?

I like theory that she means they can love each other unconditionally warts and all. Lucrezia herself is capable of darkness (when she tried to kill Juan) so she understands that in Cesare.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Source: dragons die
Closed Thread   Post New Thread