Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-20-2012, 08:00 PM
Loyal Fan

I want them to have sex. I admit it.

Not drunken spontaneous sex or anything, but I want Jaime to un-maid Brienne. I don't really trust GRRM, so I suppose I'd rather have no sex with a meaningful exchange, rather than rash sex that is later regretted. I understand the reasons why it might not or shouldn't happen, but I still want it.
I'm so not a romantic person, (although this ship turns me into mush) and I don't really believe in "the one" or "true love", but this has to be as close as possible to something like that.

I don't see a lot of Jaime hate out there. He seems one of the most popular characters, despite what he did to Bran. I sometimes even forget that part, lol.
I think what strikes me most about this fandom (perhaps all of them) is that there is no "agree to disagree". Disagreement is taken as a personal affront and leads to ties being severed or backlash. Like middle school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong
he is obviously completely surprised that she doesn't react with disbelief or scorn - she actually listened to him, believed his story and apparently understood why he did what he did. I think that was a totally new experience for Jaime, who is so used to being condemned out of hand by everyone.
The bath scene was a moment of literal and figurative cleansing, as well as J/B exposing themselves to each other. Jaime had no problem parading in naked in front of Brienne (I sense that he loved making her uncomfortable), but the real 'stripping' was his story of the day Aerys died. Brienne becomes so worried about Jaime that she stands naked in front of him, Qyburn, and the guard(s).

Quote:
Originally Posted by alors
Somehow he's managed to carry a torch for 20-odd years, but if the circumstances were changed that kept them apart and the angsty drama were resolved, I suspect at some point it would flame down
Yes! Precisely what I would have said if I was good at composing my thoughts.

I keep looking at the .gifs of the filming from Tuesday. I just adore Jaime stumbling and going down, and the look on Brienne's face. Oh, S3 is going to be gooooood!
Old 07-20-2012, 08:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABoleyn1230 (View Post)
I want them to have sex. I admit it.

Not drunken spontaneous sex or anything, but I want Jaime to un-maid Brienne. I don't really trust GRRM, so I suppose I'd rather have no sex with a meaningful exchange, rather than rash sex that is later regretted. I understand the reasons why it might not or shouldn't happen, but I still want it.
I'm so not a romantic person, (although this ship turns me into mush) and I don't really believe in "the one" or "true love", but this has to be as close as possible to something like that.
LOL - I'm 'non-romantic' too, but like you I love this particular ship, simply because it IS a relationship, or at the very least, a good solid basis for something longlasting, and is not just some temporary passion. As for them having sex, I'd be happy either way - with Brienne and Jaime remaining celibate but intense soulmates, or else having 'meaningful 'sex (gods, I hate that term!!) as something that is a proper part of a deeper relationship. TBH, I don't think those two could ever just have 'meaningless sex', because I think they both respect each other too much.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:27 AM
Loyal Fan

OUR OTP PLAYS POOL TOGETHER!!!!!

Old 07-21-2012, 05:38 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
OUR OTP PLAYS POOL TOGETHER!!!!!
Clearly they just so HATE each other! Gwen is a real ham, isn't she
Old 07-21-2012, 10:03 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong (View Post)
LOL - I'm 'non-romantic' too, but like you I love this particular ship, simply because it IS a relationship, or at the very least, a good solid basis for something longlasting, and is not just some temporary passion. As for them having sex, I'd be happy either way - with Brienne and Jaime remaining celibate but intense soulmates, or else having 'meaningful 'sex (gods, I hate that term!!) as something that is a proper part of a deeper relationship. TBH, I don't think those two could ever just have 'meaningless sex', because I think they both respect each other too much.
Well, yeah, i want them to do it too, but it so totally has to be just PERFECT that i'm not sure it can happen in canon.
1. they might not have the right set of circumstances
2. what happens to precipitate this? and it can't be too oogysyrupy but it still has to be sensitive.
3. what happens afterwards? i still don't see them riding off into the sunset together. maybe it's like goodbye sex, like when you break up with someone for really good reasons but you still love them but you also need them OUT OF YOUR LIFE for logistical reasons?

so would it be nice? yeah. will the sun shine, moon be blue on tuesday, etc.? unlikely. hence i can see them being celibate and emotionally (if, in my mind for Brienne, not physically) faithful to each other. it's both pure and tragically heartbreaking yet fulfilling.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:37 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
. TBH, I don't think those two could ever just have 'meaningless sex', because I think they both respect each other too much.
100% agreed. I love their respect for eachother... and want them to get to have sex because I would like it if they both got to have sex with someone that respected them...
Old 07-21-2012, 11:45 AM
Master Fan

That is the most precious picture of either Nik or Gwen of all time.

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 07-21-2012, 02:50 PM
Loyal Fan

^^ I know, I love seeing them hang out together! I WANT TO JOIN THEM!

I don't trust GRRM - there is a photo of him circulating on Tumblr with the caption "I feed on your tears." However, I don't expect we'll get TWOW for years, so it's all kittens and rainbows and lovey-dovey in my mind til then. I'm actually more excited for the upcoming episodes than the next book.

If Brienne were to become betrothed to another man, it would be interesting to see how Jaime would react. I suspect he would consider any man unworthy! I still believe there was a touch of jealousy when he learned Ronnet had been betrothed to her.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I suspect he would consider any man unworthy! I still believe there was a touch of jealousy when he learned Ronnet had been betrothed to her.
Just a TOUCH of jealousy?!!! Just a teeny weeny little touch caused him to hit Red Ronnet like that?

If there was one single thing that showed me Jaime was falling for Brienne (though being male + Jaime, he hasn't worked it out yet!), it was his reaction and That Punch.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:08 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Just a TOUCH of jealousy?!!! Just a teeny weeny little touch caused him to hit Red Ronnet like that?

If there was one single thing that showed me Jaime was falling for Brienne (though being male + Jaime, he hasn't worked it out yet!), it was his reaction and That Punch.
OMG totally. He's impulsive, he reacts from the gut, he doesn't think things through--it's very base, very primal, very id-driven (I think Freud was dead-on with some of these things). He just Saw Red (so to speak) and <splat!> NO ONE disses his wench like that.

He totally has no idea what's going on with them. I'm not sure he is even aware THAT anything is going on btwn them (hence my earlier question on "do you think he might clue in that Brienne has a thing for him?"--which, even if he did, does not necessarily mean he will also grok that it's not necessarily all one-sided and that there's this growing...I dunno..."thing" between them now, that's taken on a life of its own).

Also, IMO, a lot of times men are just retarded this way (figuring out that they're in love, usually when it's too late--cf. the spate of rom-coms where the guy barrels into the church to stop the wedding).

I'm curious to see if/when he tries to ferret out more info from Brienne and/or other sources as to her betrothal history, see what he can piece together.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:14 PM
New Fan

Quote:
^^ I know, I love seeing them hang out together! I WANT TO JOIN THEM!

I don't trust GRRM - there is a photo of him circulating on Tumblr with the caption "I feed on your tears."

If Brienne were to become betrothed to another man, it would be interesting to see how Jaime would react. I suspect he would consider any man unworthy! I still believe there was a touch of jealousy when he learned Ronnet had been betrothed to her.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE your new pic

re: "I feed on your tears"--yep. that's it. absolutely. he's a total sadist that way.

re: betrothal to another man--in the best-case-GRRM-scenario, they both live, Jaime goes and does...something (prob not the Kingsguard, maybe the Wall? maybe takes off for Essos? who knows. whatever it is, it's something that precludes him and Brienne from Being Together) and therefore encourages Brienne to marry, pop out some heirs, but he does this intellectually, cause he knows it's the best thing for her. Doesn't mean he has to like it on an emotional level. Yeah, he'll be totally torn.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:15 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKat055 (View Post)
That is the most precious picture of either Nik or Gwen of all time.
FYI, from what I've gathered, that photo is from LAST NIGHT. As in Friday the 20th.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

I started to read it, but as I *hate* AU fics and attempts to update people, I lasted about half a page.

Last edited by Currawong; 07-21-2012 at 08:17 PM
Old 07-21-2012, 07:19 PM
New Fan

Quote:
I started to read it, but as I *hate* AU fics and attempts to update people, I lasted about half a page.
yeah, i usually am not a fan, but i was jonesing for ANYTHING new. it's lightweight and insubstantial, and much of the jaime-snark was there, which was really what i was wanting. but i can see if it just wasn't working for you.