Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-17-2012, 04:20 PM
Master Fan

Them filming scenes
Old 07-17-2012, 04:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong (View Post)
Joins in the SQUEEEEEEE!

Though Gwen and Nik look a little happier to be in each other's company IRL than in the books! Well, at least for the moment.

And if Brienne turned out to have a smile and an infectious laugh like Gwen, I'm sure Jaime would abandon Cersei and the KG and race off with her, somewhere ... Yep, Brienne needs to earn to smile and laugh a little more. The wench is just too serious. Oh well, I'm sure Jaime and his wit will eventually get her to crack a smile
Gwen's little wink as she strolled under that umbrella, and her giggling...she's having a BLAST.

Their chemistry is gonna be off the charts. But they have GOT to get her out of that damn heavy armor.

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKat055 (View Post)
Gwen's little wink as she strolled under that umbrella, and her giggling...she's having a BLAST.

Their chemistry is gonna be off the charts. But they have GOT to get her out of that damn heavy armor.

Yes, that armor has to go. I'm sure Jaime would like to help her remove it

I look forward to those two appearing on panels and doing interviews after filming has finished. One question I hope someone asks is about their favourite / funniest moments while filming. I reckon there would be a few good stories

Friend of mine who's a great GoT fan went to the recent London Film and ComicCon, and saw Gwen, Charles Dance etc. She said Gwen appeared to be having a ball, and that there was lots of loud laughter around where she was doing her autograph session. Given that Nik is a real ham and has a great sense of humor in his interviews, I think those two telling stories could seriously rock.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong (View Post)
I look forward to those two appearing on panels and doing interviews after filming has finished. One question I hope someone asks is about their favourite / funniest moments while filming. I reckon there would be a few good stories
I'm hoping for an excess of BTS footage on the S3 dvds next year...

Old 07-17-2012, 07:35 PM
Master Fan

Another report from the BBC, with a wee bit more footage of Nik & Gwen on the bridge!

I can see the script notes now: Jaime acts like a petulant child; Brienne tosses him around like a ragdoll.

Last edited by IceKat055; 07-17-2012 at 07:42 PM
Old 07-17-2012, 07:44 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm having trouble staying awake, I think the lack of sleep and fangirl excitement has worn me out.

full set here

I need sleep and will catch up tomorrow after J/B dreams I'm feeling rather smug that the first filming hints we've seen from S3 are Jaime/Brienne.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABoleyn1230 (View Post)
I need sleep and will catch up tomorrow after J/B dreams I'm feeling rather smug that the first filming hints we've seen from S3 are Jaime/Brienne.
LOL - was just thinking that! I guess this means that we are definitely going to get all their story, and then some

Poor Jaime. Brienne forgets that the poor guy has been cooped up in a cage for some months, and probably not exactly fed well, so he isn't as fit for long walking as she is Of course, that doesn't mean he can't muster enough strength for a good swordfight eventually ...
Old 07-18-2012, 05:11 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I'm feeling rather smug that the first filming hints we've seen from S3 are Jaime/Brienne.
How awesome that the showrunners actually let a media film crew onto the set, let them take some footage, and let them show it on television? And that footage is of J/B?

I hope they continue to do stuff like this for the next 8+ months. There was nothing at all spoilerish in those clips, but little tidbits like that will hopefully be enough to sustain us.

Old 07-18-2012, 07:11 AM
New Fan

Quote:
How awesome that the showrunners actually let a media film crew onto the set, let them take some footage, and let them show it on television? And that footage is of J/B?

I hope they continue to do stuff like this for the next 8+ months. There was nothing at all spoilerish in those clips, but little tidbits like that will hopefully be enough to sustain us.
I watched this like three times last night when I got back. Gwen was clearly having a good time. Hard to tell exactly what was going on with Nikolaj. I do hope this means there will be much more J/B this season. And of course "wench"...

oh, it does look like maybe NCW's hair is a bit longer, more uniform length. and he is *still* super smokin' hawt. gwen appears to tower over him in the one still, but that's just the angle the photo's taken from.

Last edited by alors; 07-18-2012 at 07:32 AM
Old 07-18-2012, 09:30 AM
Master Fan

I like the little moment where they seem to be discussing the scene, and Nik does a little test movement, as if he's yanking his hands away from Brienne. And I love how she towers over him!

ETA: cuteness!

Last edited by IceKat055; 07-18-2012 at 09:40 AM
Old 07-18-2012, 09:52 AM
Master Fan

New vid. And I have no audio at work.

Old 07-18-2012, 10:23 AM
New Fan

Quote:
New vid. And I have no audio at work.

I can't wait to go to the airport. I hope I have time to watch this there before we go. It's SO TANTALIZING!! AAAA!

8 months? seriously? how will i last????
Old 07-18-2012, 03:19 PM
Loyal Fan

Here is an article about the filming yesterday. It talks of Nikolaj and Gwendoline a little bit (no actual quotes), and the scene they were filming will be in episode 2. I want to sign up for the job of Nikolaj Wardrobe Adjuster.

I was thinking... over-thinking, actually, as I am like to do. I wonder if that could be the creek fight? They would start on the bridge and then stumble down to the water. On one hand, I hope not, because there is plenty to squeeze in before that. They need to get some conversation in, like about oaths -- Brienne serving Renly, Jaime's vows to Cat. But on the other, when Jaime drops down and Brienne hauls him back up (which still cracks me up), it seems as though he is right where he could grab one of her swords. And the above article describes them as "intense" scenes. Or, would he still even want to fight her in chains, after seeing her take down those Stark men? I have a million questions.

Quote:
That looks like the bridge in the background of their first scene together...surely they aren't backtracking?
I noticed that too! I bet the GoT producers don't realize how attune to details we fans are. I bet they are re-using that area.

Quote:
I'm hoping for an excess of BTS footage on the S3 dvds next year..
Commentary!!! I want Nik and Gwen on a commentary together.

There has been a lot of positive reaction 'round the web about this scene. Though I did see a complaint that J/B shippers are too "zealous". Well in S3 we will be an unstoppable force!
Old 07-18-2012, 04:30 PM
Addicted Fan

TFTNT Bo!

Ladies that was fast, we're doing great, let's overrun the other shipper threads.

Quote:
Why does this stuff always happen when I am in the middle of a super busy day?!
VIDEO:

Game of Thrones Season 3 Filming - YouTube!
Thank you so much for the link, it made me literally squeeeee.

Quote:

I thought the same and as you said, what a coincidence that they choose our ship to show. I hope so too, that they continue to show us little tidbits, this way it makes it easier for us to pass the looooong hiatus.

And I loved the vid, thanks for sharing Kat.

And it's so great to have new faces on this thread, welcome again alors, really love your inputs.

Quote:
There has been a lot of positive reaction 'round the web about this scene. Though I did see a complaint that J/B shippers are too "zealous". Well in S3 we will be an unstoppable force!
That doesn't surprise me at all. Ehm and we already are dear. Our ship is is the real deal in this whole ASoIaF saga. Period.
Banshee
Visit the Grimmlins and be part of the family
& Join |Da Vinci's Demons | Vikings |icon
Old 07-18-2012, 04:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Or, would he still even want to fight her in chains, after seeing her take down those Stark men? I have a million questions.
Well, his hands were chained in the book - that's what she remembers about him in AFFC - what an amazing fighter he was, even weakened by imprisonment and with his hands in chains.

Quote:
Commentary!!! I want Nik and Gwen on a commentary together.
YES PLEASE!!! More than one episode would be nice ...

Quote:
What do they mean, 'too zealous'? There is no such thing. Out of all the various possible ships being tossed around for GoT characters, the Good Ship J/B happens to be 1. actually IN the books; and 2. perfectly sensible and 'right' character-wise, especially because (in the best traditions of all romances) there are so many obstacles to stop it happening just now, like the fact that he is in the KG. I was watching a TV program recently on 'romantic' movies, and one of the panel writers suggested that the key to any good romance in a movie is what keeps the characters apart , and the resolution of that, not what necessarily brings them together. And I thought that was very appropriate for J/B.

Which of course probably means it won't work out in GRRM's world, but never mind - we can cheerfully obsess and have lots of fun until he does something terrible to both of them

ETA Thanks for the latest link, Bo.

Last edited by Currawong; 07-18-2012 at 04:59 PM