View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 08:00 PM
ABoleyn1230
Loyal Fan

I want them to have sex. I admit it.

Not drunken spontaneous sex or anything, but I want Jaime to un-maid Brienne. I don't really trust GRRM, so I suppose I'd rather have no sex with a meaningful exchange, rather than rash sex that is later regretted. I understand the reasons why it might not or shouldn't happen, but I still want it.
I'm so not a romantic person, (although this ship turns me into mush) and I don't really believe in "the one" or "true love", but this has to be as close as possible to something like that.

I don't see a lot of Jaime hate out there. He seems one of the most popular characters, despite what he did to Bran. I sometimes even forget that part, lol.
I think what strikes me most about this fandom (perhaps all of them) is that there is no "agree to disagree". Disagreement is taken as a personal affront and leads to ties being severed or backlash. Like middle school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong
he is obviously completely surprised that she doesn't react with disbelief or scorn - she actually listened to him, believed his story and apparently understood why he did what he did. I think that was a totally new experience for Jaime, who is so used to being condemned out of hand by everyone.
The bath scene was a moment of literal and figurative cleansing, as well as J/B exposing themselves to each other. Jaime had no problem parading in naked in front of Brienne (I sense that he loved making her uncomfortable), but the real 'stripping' was his story of the day Aerys died. Brienne becomes so worried about Jaime that she stands naked in front of him, Qyburn, and the guard(s).

Quote:
Originally Posted by alors
Somehow he's managed to carry a torch for 20-odd years, but if the circumstances were changed that kept them apart and the angsty drama were resolved, I suspect at some point it would flame down
Yes! Precisely what I would have said if I was good at composing my thoughts.

I keep looking at the .gifs of the filming from Tuesday. I just adore Jaime stumbling and going down, and the look on Brienne's face. Oh, S3 is going to be gooooood!