Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-16-2012, 01:03 AM
Elite Fan

I think it would be good that the happy waving bear wasn't their bear...
Old 07-16-2012, 01:14 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunas_borednow (View Post)
I think it would be good that the happy waving bear wasn't their bear...
Well, I meant that it was sad that Brienne didn't meet a nice happy waving bear like that pic.

Instead she and Jaime met the poor tortured and angry one that had to be killed.

Of course, Jaime leaping one-handed and unarmed into a bearpit with a nice friendly bear would not have been nearly so dramatic, LOL! His maiden wouldn't have needed rescuing ...
Old 07-16-2012, 01:36 AM
Elite Fan

True that... no it's good that it was dangerous or else... you know most romantic moment in all the books wouldn't have happened.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:29 AM
Part-Time Fan

Maybe later on, he can give her a nice cuddly toy bear to remind her of the start of their romance

Somehow, I don't know that Jaime is the 'flowers' type, and Brienne hates roses. Oh well, at least he's had the good sense to start out by giving her a nice sword, which she appreciates, no matter what else a sword may symbolise
Old 07-16-2012, 12:29 PM
Loyal Fan

I felt so sorry for the bear, too. I am kind of obsessed with bears - brown/grizzly bears in particular. Jaime himself feels pity for it!

It's obvious the bear below doesn't hold any grudges and was just saying, "Hey! I ship Jaime/Brienne, too!".

There is a hilarious series of animated gifs here with J/B scenes from the show with "new" dialogue.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:15 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABoleyn1230 (View Post)

There is a hilarious series of animated gifs here with J/B scenes from the show with "new" dialogue.
you saw the original cracky shipulator translation this was from? Nimfeo | Jaime's lines from 2.08 through the cracky shipulator.

i abt bust a gut LMAO. i have dated that guy in my time
Old 07-16-2012, 03:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

ROFL at both sets.

I just LOVE the "Brienne: *starts counting to ten* " one
Old 07-16-2012, 09:49 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong (View Post)
ROFL at both sets.

I just LOVE the "Brienne: *starts counting to ten* " one
I was on a plane earlier this evening (just got into Chicago for a couple of fun-filled all-day client meetings--how will I surf for J/B when ANYONE could sneak a peek at my screen in the conference room???) and had no internet but still had the cracky shipulator page up and was sitting there snickering away. SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Old 07-17-2012, 10:04 AM
Loyal Fan

Well, just don't let yourself slip and call anyone by ASOIAF names. I work with animals, and a few weeks ago slipped and called a dog named Jack 'Jaime'. Thankfully his owner was not present to hear.

I don't know if it's just me, but Jaime comes across as nicer to Brienne on the show, in the scenes we have had so far. He is needling her for sure, but there seems to be a lighter feel to it than in the books. I guess we'll see next season if he acts different now that he has seen what she can do. But if he doesn't call her "wench", I don't know what I will do.
Regardless, what I love about both versions is how giddy Jaime is about being free. He's just happy! That's what made me start to love him, when I began ASOS. Even when his life is in danger, he has that sharp wit.

Speaking of their scenes, I wonder why they stopped in the episode with the hanged women? Shortly after they climb the hill and see the women, Jaime warns Brienne that they should get back in the boat. So why did they stop in the first place?

Another completely random thing I was wondering while unable to sleep last night: Brienne' father is Selwyn Tarth. He is not Selwyn of Tarth. So why is Brienne of Tarth and not Brienne Tarth? Since the island is called Tarth, I would actually expect them to be Brienne of Tarth and Selwyn of Tarth. And what about married surnames in the series? Catelyn is a Stark, but Cersei is not a Baratheon, nor is Margaery. I believe Cat's sister is Lysa Arryn, not Tully.

OMG LOOK!!!! S3 FILMING PIC! JAIME AND BRIENNE!!!!!!

from here (you can enlarge the pic there and see Gwen and Nik)
Eeeee! Time for the return of the OMG Bunny!
Old 07-17-2012, 10:19 AM
Master Fan

That looks like the bridge in the background of their first scene together...surely they aren't backtracking?

Yay, the OMG Bunny is back!

This cracked me up:

Yeah. Pretty much.

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.

Last edited by IceKat055; 07-17-2012 at 10:26 AM
Old 07-17-2012, 12:23 PM
Loyal Fan

Why does this stuff always happen when I am in the middle of a super busy day?!
VIDEO:

Game of Thrones Season 3 Filming - YouTube!
Old 07-17-2012, 01:14 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABoleyn1230 (View Post)
Why does this stuff always happen when I am in the middle of a super busy day?!
VIDEO:

Game of Thrones Season 3 Filming - YouTube!
OMG i want to watch this RIGHT NOW but even i do not have the balls to watch a video in the middle of this session--it will have to wait till i get back to the hotel. i did manage to score the seat at the end of the table against the window--pull the blinds, no reflection
Old 07-17-2012, 02:01 PM
Master Fan

Oh, my heart is in my throat!!! Jaime grousing, slumps to the ground like a spoiled child ("NO, I'm not walking ANY MORE!!!"), and Brienne hauling him back to his feet...

And there has GOT to be a "wench" thrown in all that dialogue somewhere!

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:11 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKat055 (View Post)
Oh, my heart is in my throat!!! Jaime grousing, slumps to the ground like a spoiled child ("NO, I'm not walking ANY MORE!!!"), and Brienne hauling him back to his feet...

And there has GOT to be a "wench" thrown in all that dialogue somewhere!

EEEEEE SQUEEEE i can't STAND it i want to see it NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW
Old 07-17-2012, 03:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

Joins in the SQUEEEEEEE!

Though Gwen and Nik look a little happier to be in each other's company IRL than in the books! Well, at least for the moment.

And if Brienne turned out to have a smile and an infectious laugh like Gwen, I'm sure Jaime would abandon Cersei and the KG and race off with her, somewhere ... Yep, Brienne needs to earn to smile and laugh a little more. The wench is just too serious. Oh well, I'm sure Jaime and his wit will eventually get her to crack a smile