Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-16-2012, 06:15 PM
Master Fan

Last year Gwen posted several pictures of herself hanging out with the Renly & Loras actors, so I think they got to be big buddies. But she didn't reveal squat about any filming details...for awhile, we weren't even sure she was going to meet Nik/Jaime in S2.

She'd really best polish up on that for S3.

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:07 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKat055 (View Post)
Last year Gwen posted several pictures of herself hanging out with the Renly & Loras actors, so I think they got to be big buddies. But she didn't reveal squat about any filming details...for awhile, we weren't even sure she was going to meet Nik/Jaime in S2.

She'd really best polish up on that for S3.
Hopefully, she will twitt pictures with Nik because we already know that they will be together Nothing too spoilerish.

Please, excuse me. My english is poor.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:27 AM
Loyal Fan

A POV chapter from Lord Selwyn in the future might be interesting. Like if he was at Jaime and Brienne's wedding. Or meeting Jaime for the first time. I wonder what is going on at Tarth, because the end of ADWD mentions
Spoiler:

Ugh, I am really starting to feel GoT withdrawal. The excitement of the finale carried me til now but.... I am dragggggging and April is forever and a day. Wahhhhhhh

From got-dirty-secrets

Old 06-17-2012, 02:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABoleyn1230 (View Post)
A POV chapter from Lord Selwyn in the future might be interesting. Like if he was at Jaime and Brienne's wedding. Or meeting Jaime for the first time. I wonder what is going on at Tarth, because the end of ADWD mentions
Spoiler:
Yes, it would be "interesting"if Brienne arrived home with Jaime and announced that she was going to marry him. Jaime asking formally for her hand would be fun! Though it may have to be from a Jaime or Brienne POV, as I think GRRM has said he won't be giving us new POVs in the last book, as he will be trying to bring all the story line ppieces together and make things more concentrated. Alas, I think poor Jaime has unfinished business in KL and elsewhere before he can ever get to Evenfall with Brienne, and we have to hope that GRRM's "pieces" don't mean killing off either of them ...

I read that bit in ADWD about Tarth, so hope that
Spoiler:

Oh yes - I share those withdrawal symptoms Luckily I have quite a few things to keep me occupied over the next 8-9 months, so hopefully the time will go quickly.

Last edited by Currawong; 06-17-2012 at 02:32 PM
Old 06-17-2012, 03:46 PM
Absolute Fan

A Brienne pov in Tarth would be interesting.
Maybe she comes back home while Jaime tries to resolve his unfinished bussiness in KL( giving up to the KG)

Old 06-17-2012, 04:30 PM
Master Fan

Brienne violating Jaime...YES PLS.

I feel your pain, Bo. Even with the True Blood premiere last weekend (which I thought sucked donkey balls), I just feel so lost. In a few more weeks, I'll start a re-watch. But I don't know what the point is, since I'll be fast-forwarding through most everything that isn't Tyrion, Jaqen, Brienne or J/B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong (View Post)
Yes, it would be "interesting"if Brienne arrived home with Jaime and announced that she was going to marry him. Jaime asking formally for her hand would be fun!
I can just hear them now...

Jaime: Wench, if you'd shut up and let me get a word in edgewise...I'm trying to ask you what you'd think about me asking your father for your hand.

Brienne: ...and I suppose you'd be wanting the right one, Kingslayer?

Old 06-18-2012, 12:48 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Brienne violating Jaime...YES PLS.

I feel your pain, Bo. Even with the True Blood premiere last weekend (which I thought sucked donkey balls), I just feel so lost. In a few more weeks, I'll start a re-watch. But I don't know what the point is, since I'll be fast-forwarding through most everything that isn't Tyrion, Jaqen, Brienne or J/B.

I can just hear them now...

Jaime: Wench, if you'd shut up and let me get a word in edgewise...I'm trying to ask you what you'd think about me asking your father for your hand.

Brienne: ...and I suppose you'd be wanting the right one, Kingslayer?

I watch True Blood but I don`t love the show as much as I love Game of Thrones. My confort is that soon starts the new season of Breaking bad.

I wonder how Lord Selwyn would react if Jaime ask him for his permission to marry Brienne.

Old 06-18-2012, 03:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iram (View Post)
I wonder how Lord Selwyn would react if Jaime ask him for his permission to marry Brienne.
Given that his daughter would undoubtedly take a sword and/ or a morningstar to any man whom she doesn't want to marry and leave him bloodied and beaten, I'd say that Lord Selwyn would probably be extremely happy if Brienne found someone whom she loved, and who loved her! Of course, he might have a few reservations about this guy being the Kingslayer, but at least Ser Jaime is a knight, and from a noble family

Lord Selwyn must be a remarkable and very understanding man, to allow his daughter to go off to the war with the Tarth bannermen. Apart from the Martells down in Dorne, how many other fathers in Westeros would do that, or even allow their daughters to become so skilled at arms? I bet even Ned Stark would not have allowed Arya to continue her 'dancing lessons' for too long, and I couldn't see him or Catelyn allowing her to become a warrior like Brienne.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:27 PM
Master Fan

They really do look spectacular together.

Old 06-18-2012, 04:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunas_borednow (View Post)
Adding you right now dearie!

When did you become a fan? If I may be so bold?
Thank you!

Quite some time ago, actually. While reading the books, and then watching the TV series. I've just been really bad about getting added to all of the threads I support...
Old 06-18-2012, 05:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
They really do look spectacular together.
They do. Jaime's obviously partial to blondes At least he's getting a much better one this time round Hmmm - eventually some nice fair-haired kids, ones that he is allowed to acknowledge ... ?!
Old 06-18-2012, 07:27 PM
Loyal Fan

Welcome Magnolia Fairy!

Quote:

I would rewatch but I just keep watching the J/B scenes on YT over and over. I need another tv show to help soothe the pain. I am considering Downton Abbey (I think I am one of the few people on earth who doesn't watch that) or The Borgais.

My guess is that Brienne is close with her father, and if he sees a man treating her well, he would approve of the match. Considering that her mother and siblings died, she and her father only have each other Like Currawong said earlier, I hope her father got a message that she escaped Harrenhal.

Clean-shaven S1 Jaime looks so different than S2 hairy Jaime. The latter looks aged and stressed and rugged. As it should be, I know, but they just seem like different people to me (as he will soon be on the show anyway).

I will never ever ever ever tire of the look they give each other here:
Old 06-19-2012, 05:09 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I would rewatch but I just keep watching the J/B scenes on YT over and over. I need another tv show to help soothe the pain. I am considering Downton Abbey (I think I am one of the few people on earth who doesn't watch that) or The Borgais.
I was doing that yesterday! I don't get sound on my work computer (fascist IT dept), but I can watch the video. Incidentally, Brienne is just as badass, and Jaime is just as smitten, in silence.

I LOVE Downton Abbey, didn't get into it 'til S2 but got caught up quickly, and am impatient for S3 to start. And I need to get into the Borgais...good friend of mine has been trying to get me to watch it forever, and I think I'm going to start that soon. I've also got The Walking Dead and Merlin coming back soon.

But it all pales in comparison.

Quote:
Clean-shaven S1 Jaime looks so different than S2 hairy Jaime. The latter looks aged and stressed and rugged. As it should be, I know, but they just seem like different people to me (as he will soon be on the show anyway).
Funny how George did that. He's very Beauty/Beast with Jaime & Brienne, but which is which? Pre-capture, Jaime is the Golden God of Westeros; Beauty on the outside, not quite so smooth and creamy in the middle. Then during his trip with Brienne, he's a filthy, scraggly, weak and maimed thing, has become quite the Beast on the outside, but actually shows a little inner-beauty.

Then the minute he's back in KL, the not-so-inner-Beauty Jaime kicks back in a little (taking Cersei with Joffrey's corpse laying beside them...? ) Old habits and such.

However, Brienne's influence on him at that point has taken a strong hold, and he's still her scraggly Jaime inside. The one who will scream SAPPHIRES!!!, and come back for a showdown with a bear, every time. Sorry Cersei...you've been replaced.

(Sorry if that made no sense...I didn't sleep a lot last night!)

Quote:
I will never ever ever ever tire of the look they give each other here:

I wonder if that was scripted or directed that way, or if it's just something that Nik worked out on his own? That smug "I TOLD YOU we should get back on the river, and now we're screwed, so whatcha gonna do 'bout it, wench?" look.

Old 06-19-2012, 05:36 AM
Master Fan

"Has my tale turned you speechless? Come, curse me or kiss me or call me a liar. Something."

Old 06-19-2012, 11:27 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:

I wonder if that was scripted or directed that way, or if it's just something that Nik worked out on his own? That smug "I TOLD YOU we should get back on the river, and now we're screwed, so whatcha gonna do 'bout it, wench?" look.
That look is so Jaime and so married couple.
But, Brienne, definetly, silences Jaime.