Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-14-2012, 08:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABoleyn1230 (View Post)
But I hope:
Spoiler:

I don't think Brienne wants to be married, to anyone.... yet.
Agree. Whatever happens with the BWB, I think she is still
Spoiler:
And I am not sure she is going to agree to marry anyone else while Jaime is around Though the idea of a jealous Jaime does have its attractions, LOL. Maybe it would force him to confront his own feelings.

Alas of course, Jaime himself is committed to the KG and cannot marry while he is a KG member. I can see that aspect causing major J/B problems - even if he and Brienne do fall head over heels in love with each other, the new Jaime who is LC of the KG and fully committed to his KG oath will not see himself as being able to marry her without breaking yet another oath ...

As he refused to do this
Spoiler:
, then something pretty drastic would have to happen for a really happy J/B ending ...

Hmm. GRRM has promised us a "bittersweet" ending, so I am just hoping for some of the 'sweet' to apply to J/B.

Last edited by Currawong; 06-14-2012 at 08:28 PM
Old 06-14-2012, 08:34 PM
Elite Fan

Well if anyone but the Lannisters become in charge of the iron throne Jaime is out on his butt when it comes to the Kingsguard...
Old 06-15-2012, 05:21 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong (View Post)
Alas of course, Jaime himself is committed to the KG and cannot marry while he is a KG member. I can see that aspect causing major J/B problems - even if he and Brienne do fall head over heels in love with each other, the new Jaime who is LC of the KG and fully committed to his KG oath will not see himself as being able to marry her without breaking yet another oath ...
When it comes down to love, though, I wonder if Jaime would really care? Especially New!Jaime, who has had his eyes opened about so many things/people in his life.

He asked Cersei to marry him (= ) while he was still a member of the Kingsguard, saying he was "sick" of being careful. And had she said yes (rather than recoiling away from him in disgust and commanding him to get away from her), I have no doubt he'd have run off with her right then & there to wed her*.

*and what a nightmare that would have turned out to be, thank goodness she refused him

So when/if the timing works out for him to ask Brienne for her hand, I can't imagine he'll consider the KG any more than he did the first time. He's become so bitter by everyone in the country condemning him for Aerys, without caring a jot about the truth behind it...I can't imagine he'll care too much what anyone thinks of him breaking his KG vow to marry the "ugliest cow" in all the land.

And I'm willing to wager that, when he asks her and moves to touch her face, she'll take his right wrist and plant kisses all over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunas_borednow (View Post)
Well if anyone but the Lannisters become in charge of the iron throne Jaime is out on his butt when it comes to the Kingsguard...
And there's this, too!

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:18 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKat055 (View Post)
When it comes down to love, though, I wonder if Jaime would really care? Especially New!Jaime, who has had his eyes opened about so many things/people in his life.

He asked Cersei to marry him (= ) while he was still a member of the Kingsguard, saying he was "sick" of being careful. And had she said yes (rather than recoiling away from him in disgust and commanding him to get away from her), I have no doubt he'd have run off with her right then & there to wed her*.

*and what a nightmare that would have turned out to be, thank goodness she refused him

So when/if the timing works out for him to ask Brienne for her hand, I can't imagine he'll consider the KG any more than he did the first time. He's become so bitter by everyone in the country condemning him for Aerys, without caring a jot about the truth behind it...I can't imagine he'll care too much what anyone thinks of him breaking his KG vow to marry the "ugliest cow" in all the land.

And I'm willing to wager that, when he asks her and moves to touch her face, she'll take his right wrist and plant kisses all over it.

And there's this, too!
Agree. I think that If Jaime wants to quit to the KG, he will do it.

But, I do think that his commitment with the KG could difficult his relationship with Brienne( If it happens).

I mean, in not sure that Jaime would have sex with Brienne if he is still in the KG.

Please, excuse me. My english is poor.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:30 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iram (View Post)
Agree. I think that If Jaime wants to quit to the KG, he will do it.

But, I do think that his commitment with the KG could difficult his relationship with Brienne( If it happens).

I mean, in not sure that Jaime would have sex with Brienne if he is still in the KG.
I agree - "new Jaime" seems pretty committed to the KG and determined to do the right thing by the KG now, no matter what. He's angry at some of the recent KG appointments made by Cersei, and clearly wants to restore the KG and write his own page from now on (love those times when he reads and thinks about the White Book). I really don't think that new Jaime could or would just walk away from the KG - I think he'd have to be dismissed, like Ser Barristan Selmy, as he seems determined to restore the KG to 'service for life'.

I could see him building up a really close buddy relationship with Brienne, and travelling with her on their quest, or just being together as fighting partners as the war takes them. He'd see it as a point of honour to ensure that she remained the Maid of Tarth, unless she actually wanted to get married - which I don't think she yet does! - and she would feel comfortable being with a man who allowed her to be herself. They might spar with each other verbally (and physically for practice, LOL) but against the rest of the world, they'd be totally protective of each other's honour.

At the war's end however, if they are both alive ...
Old 06-15-2012, 12:12 PM
Loyal Fan

Jaime's newfound dedication to the KG worries me a little with regards to his relationship with Brienne. (Which makes me sound terrible I guess, lol) Being made LC seemed to sober him up, reading the White Book like Currawong mentioned, and I think he is also have the beginnings of paternal feelings for Tommen. Despite having a moment of arousal/attraction to Pia and Hildy, he reminds himself of his vows. I'm curious, though - can a man just walk away from the KG? I don't remember reading about that. Besides shame, is there any punishment? NW deserters are beheaded. That said, I don't expect Jaime will have that problem for long, I think he'll be kicked off by a new regime if he survives the mighty pen of GRRM.

I do think Jaime and Brienne will eventually have sex, or kiss at the very least. I feel like there has been a lot of build up about her being a MAID so much, that he needs to strip her of that title. Right now their emotions are still mixed up so I think it would take a shared trauma to shake the feelings out of them. There is so much fun/awkwardness that we could yet enjoy, so I hope GRRM gives us a little time! *begs*
Old 06-15-2012, 12:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Jaime's newfound dedication to the KG worries me a little with regards to his relationship with Brienne. (Which makes me sound terrible I guess, lol) Being made LC seemed to sober him up, reading the White Book like Currawong mentioned, and I think he is also have the beginnings of paternal feelings for Tommen. Despite having a moment of arousal/attraction to Pia and Hildy, he reminds himself of his vows. I'm curious, though - can a man just walk away from the KG? I don't remember reading about that. Besides shame, is there any punishment? NW deserters are beheaded. That said, I don't expect Jaime will have that problem for long, I think he'll be kicked off by a new regime if he survives the mighty pen of GRRM.

I do think Jaime and Brienne will eventually have sex, or kiss at the very least. I feel like there has been a lot of build up about her being a MAID so much, that he needs to strip her of that title. Right now their emotions are still mixed up so I think it would take a shared trauma to shake the feelings out of them. There is so much fun/awkwardness that we could yet enjoy, so I hope GRRM gives us a little time! *begs*
Clegane walked away from the Kingsguard. I particularly liked how they did it in the show. " the Kingsguard. the King."

Maybe Jaime will find a happy middle between duty/honor and love. He's very jaded by love right now...Cersei and her narcissistic crazy has him completely screwed up. He also has no idea who he is now, without his former ability with a sword. So it's really no wonder he's thrown himself into the role of LC with such passion...he feels like it's all he has left.

Brienne will have her work cut out for her. And she'll be his sword hand.

As to Jaime being the one to de-MAID her - - it's only right that he be the one. He was very concerned with the threat of rape that was hanging over Brienne, telling her to "go away inside", not wanting her to be hurt, and pulling the SAPPHIRES stunt (and taking a beating for it) just to keep her safe.

He should be rewarded.

Old 06-15-2012, 02:25 PM
Elite Fan

She should be rewarded by getting to have her first time with someone who loves and respects her.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:23 AM
Master Fan

Love Jaime's face while the Stark tools are laughing at Brienne...

Almost as much as I love Jaime's face while Brienne permanently shuts the Stark tools traps...

Old 06-16-2012, 01:39 PM
Master Fan

= fail.

Old 06-16-2012, 01:40 PM
Master Fan

this re-tweet from Gwen:
Quote:
Lola Poodlegirl ‏@Lolapoodlegirl

I just walked past Brienne of Tarth. She was shopping and there was no sign of the kingslayer, however. Perhaps he was in her Selfridges bag
Retweeted by Gwendoline Christie

Old 06-16-2012, 02:52 PM
Absolute Fan

I guess there are hers last free days. I read somewhere that they start shooting in july.

I can't wait to read hers twitters when the shooting begans.

Please, excuse me. My english is poor.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:54 PM
Loyal Fan

Gwen is going to have to get used to being recognized!

I wonder if we will ever meet Brienne's father in the books? I would love to, and learn more of their relationship. /random

Quote:
I can't wait to read hers twitters when the shooting begans.
I can't, either! Last year she posted all sorts of fun stuff while shooting. There were some great photos.
Old 06-16-2012, 03:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Gwen is going to have to get used to being recognized!
I wonder if we will ever meet Brienne's father in the books? I would love to, and learn more of their relationship. /random
Last year she posted all sorts of fun stuff while shooting. There were some great photos.
Yes, I'd love to meet Brienne's father. Poor man probably hasn't a clue what's happened to her and may even think she's dead. We know her father
Spoiler:
. It would be nice to think that after they got back to KL, either she (or even Jaime!!) had sent poor Lord Selwyn a brief note to say she was still alive.

I'm not on Twitter, so I look forward to people re-posting all her tweets here. I hope she and Nik have a lot of good fun shooting Season 3

Last edited by Currawong; 06-17-2012 at 02:19 PM
Old 06-16-2012, 05:44 PM
Elite Fan

I hope they have lots of silly adventures!