Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2012, 09:49 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

True fact!

I hope they don't shy away from JT in any form.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Me either I think that JT could be a very compelling and complex story that both actors could knock out of the park.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:47 AM
Passionate Fan

Personally I always thought Keegan was at his best when he was dark and brooding on the show.He has a quiet intensity and can give such an icy glare.There's always been a darkness in Toby,when he's at peace you see a kindness in him but there was always a dark side just below the surface.Of all the boyfriends on the show,Toby was the one who seemed ''dangerous".

Tammin Sursok has always brought a lot to the table as Jenna.She's smart,intense,volatile,seductive and enegmatic.At the same time she can bring surprising pathos and emotion to the role.Sometimes she can be so diabolical you practically expect her to exit the scene in a puff of smoke like Satan.Then there are momemts where she breaks your heart,where you feel guilty for ever entertaining a dark thought about her.These are the moments you wish you could just hug her and tell her everything was gonna be okay.

These two actors have great chemistry together and have (in my opinion) ALWAYS had one of the most fascinating subplots on the show.Seriously,WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH JENNA AND TOBY ! It seems like one of the darkest and most twisted 'love stories" (that's right,I went there !) on television.These two characters are fascinating together,yet all too often they seem to get lost in the shuffle on a show that has a large ensemble cast and a vast and involved storyline.Yes,they are a "weird ship",but lets face it,quite a lot of people (more than I think will admit it)are REALLY wanting to get some answers about Jenna/Toby.We're three years into PLL now.It's time to start pulling back the covers on PLL's strangest romance !

The summer finale dropped a bomb in our laps with the Toby reveal.We now HAVE to learn more about Toby,his past and his motivations.Jenna is a HUGE part of his story ! As for Jenna,Toby seems like the only character on the show she would DIE for.The ''Toby is on the -A Team" plotline is the IDEAL time to tell the story of Jenna and Toby,what drew them together,what forced them apart,and what the future holds for them both.It's a story about how we perceive good and evil,who is light,who is dark.The song that Mona sang this season ,the one that Aria and Jenna played and that -A listened to,"In The Eye Abides The Heart' warns in it's lyrics to not blindly trust a smiling face,it's the EYES that hold the truth ! ''You have to look 'em in the eye" as Jenna said.Now is the time we need to look Toby and Jenna in the eye and see the truth.Was the former ever truly ''good'',was the later ever truly ''bad" ? Are they both flawed and complex people,both dark and light or are they bad to the bone ? What is the secret of their relationship ? A strange love is still LOVE,is it not ?

This is the moment,this is the time,PLL,tell us the story of Jenna and Toby !
Old 09-03-2012, 08:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Excellent post Geo H.

Jenna and Toby did have the makings of being a very dark and twisted love story which is actually the type of pairings I usually end up falling for. I don't know what is it maybe it's that I like the pairings of couples like ST, but we all see how well that turns out.

I too think that Keegan can really sell the dark, twisted and disturbed part of Toby very well. I think now would be a perfect time to delve into JT and see where it could go.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I too think that Keegan can really sell the dark, twisted and disturbed part of Toby very well. I think now would be a perfect time to delve into JT and see where it could go.
agreed
Old 09-03-2012, 11:28 PM
Passionate Fan

In all honesty if the writers on PLL don't deal with Toby's back story and how it ties into Jenna now that he has been outted as an -A Team member then they are REALLY missing the boat,We just saw ''bad guy'' Jenna try to warn Emily that she was in danger while ''good guy'' Toby,the so called ''moral compass'' of the show was revealed to be part of the plot against ALL of the girls.It was the ultimate betrAyal .It is also the passport to some deliciously wicked drama,IF the writers wanna go there !

I say FULL SPEED AHEAD !

Oh,just a side note:Tammin Sursok is back from her visit to Turkey and is currently shooting a music video with Joe Brooks .Like to see that when it comes out !
Old 09-05-2012, 12:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

can't wait to see her in that music video!
Old 09-06-2012, 11:07 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm excited to see that music video as well !

Call me crazy but when it comes to my (fictional) romances,I kind of enjoy "complicated".Characters who face up to the darkness of the world (and the darkness in themselves ! ) have,I think,the most meaningful unions.Of all of the PLL pairings,Jenna/Toby is probably the DARKEST.It's so taboo,so 'wrong'' on the face of it,and yet,somehow it seems...genuine.Jenna has always been the series biggest enigma (only Alison,who is sort of her mirror image in regards to some of her character traits,comes close).We THOUGHT we knew Toby,but guess what,we were WRONG.He runs deeper (and darker ! ) than we ever suspected.Toby looks like he has spent a lot of time lurking in the shadows,and Jenna,she LIVED in the dark.Toby's story could go so many ways,but if he IS a dark King on the show,then surely he needs a Dark Queen !
Old 09-07-2012, 08:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I actually like dark forbidden twisted dysfunctional relationships so I could go for JT if done right. I would just hope that they didn't make it seem like he never loved Spencer at all I would rather it be that everyone including her deserts him and Jenna is the only one left for him to turn to. I think that would be the perfect time to explore them and see what they could do together if given the chance.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:27 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

I love you Geo. My JT soulmate. You always know how to verbalize everything I feel about these two.

Video has been mentioned a LOT recently. Finding the flashdrive. And the "Truth" game with Spencer vs. Jenna. "Where's the video." Even with her boyfriend RIGHT THERE, she wants the video. She wants Toby. And nothing, no one, will get in her way.

I DO hope we get more on JT. Because I'm pretty sure 75% of the reason Toby would join the A Team is Jenna.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:36 PM
Passionate Fan

I like your idea of everyone turning on him but Jenna,Sunflower,these two have seemingly shown a lot of loyalty to each other,perhaps she would stand by him,even if she DIDN'T think he was doing the right thing.If,as Kiss Of Death states,Toby joined -A in part over what happened to Jenna it will put her in a tough position.I'm not sure that Jenna IS with -A,I'm positive she has some BIG secrets (I have my suspicions) but I'm not sure -A membership is one of them.She came very close to getting killed late last season in the fire at Jason's and that certainly seemed -A related.Would the -A's have killed one of their own ?

If Jenna found that Toby joined -A in part to avenge her and she ISN'T a member,wow,what a tight spot for her to be in.She would at last have proof that Toby really loved her,but the way he expressed his love might be against her own wishes and beliefs.A really dramatic twist to a very offbeat love affair !

I suspect,much as we did with Jenna's sight,we will find out (or rather the girls will) in short order that Toby is in with the -A's.The second half of season 3 might be the darkest the series has ever been.As for Spencer,she's been walking the razor's edge this season.The Garrett situation almost pushed her over .I think once she finds out about Toby she may well break down.This should be some heavy,dramatic stuff.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:25 PM
Passionate Fan

Wonder if Jenna/Toby will get a scene in the Halloween episode ?
Old 09-10-2012, 06:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope they do
Old 09-10-2012, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo H. (View Post)
Wonder if Jenna/Toby will get a scene in the Halloween episode ?
I hope soooo

Something about how Jenna knows he's on the A team
Old 09-10-2012, 11:02 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
I hope soooo

Something about how Jenna knows he's on the A team
I have the feeling they are gonna drop another bombshell,leave us with another big shock to keep everyone buzzing until January.

In the original Halloween show we saw Ali and Jenna's first meeting,got a hint at a Mona/Jenna friendship,glimpsed hints in Alison's bedroom that suggested the show might go the book route regarding Alison's death,and revealed that Alison was being haunted by her OWN -A.Wonder what we'll get from this years special ?

By the way,the set-up of the new special kinda reminds me of the culty 80's slasher film TERROR TRAIN with Jamie Lee Curtis.Wonder if Marlene King was a fan ?