Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2019, 09:25 AM
Elite Fan

Taryn

I hope we get to squeal then LOL

This show rarely does "dead ends". It's actually one of the things I love. They bring back stuff that happened 1, 2, 3 or more seasons ago sometimes and I am all here for it.

Kate | art thread | tumblr | icon
Old 06-16-2019, 07:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I've been wanting some more info on Becca and Cadogan for awhile. I still have hope!

Old 06-16-2019, 10:36 PM
Elite Fan

We are in agreement here!

Kate | art thread | tumblr | icon
Old 07-01-2019, 10:57 AM
Addicted Fan

Ya'll want to know what's really messing with my head right now? Lincoln's been dead for over 130 years. Jasper killed himself over 130 years ago. Monty and Harper have been dead for over 100 years. I just......
Old 08-15-2019, 04:58 PM
Passionate Fan

Okay, now that season 6 has ended and it's officially been announced that season 7 is the last....what are everyone's thought/hopes/predictions for the end?

Personally, I hope they can find those factories that manufactured the books, chairs, playground equipment, motorcycle parts, etc. Cause they're going to be needing even more supplies once all those people on that ship wake up and come down.
Old 08-15-2019, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn74 (View Post)
Ya'll want to know what's really messing with my head right now? Lincoln's been dead for over 130 years. Jasper killed himself over 130 years ago. Monty and Harper have been dead for over 100 years. I just......
I hate it.

I don’t know what my predictions are for season 7, but honestly I hope that the anomaly doesn’t take up an excessive amount of screentime ... in the last few episodes, I’d like to see the remaining characters rebuilding their world and finally working towards a more optimistic future and life after endless wars and deaths. They deserve that.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 08-15-2019, 06:42 PM
Passionate Fan

I actually do want some time spent on the anomaly. So much build up for it this last season. Show's got some 'splaining to do!
Old 08-15-2019, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Some time is fine, but the show has some serious issues with focusing too much on plot and neglecting relationships/emotional impact of those relationships, in the last two seasons. And since it’s the last season ... I definitely want the focus back on the relationships between the characters because that is what most fans connect with, in addition to enjoying the plot.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 08-15-2019, 06:56 PM
Passionate Fan

The show has always been more about plot than characters and relationships. So I'm not expecting that to change in the last season.

But I agree that I don't want the anomaly to take up the whole season. I want to finally have an end to all the crap these people have been through and they be able to just develop a society in which people aren't constantly killing each other. Is that too much to ask for?

Quite possibly.
Old 08-16-2019, 01:45 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenni727 (View Post)
The show has always been more about plot than characters and relationships. So I'm not expecting that to change in the last season.

But I agree that I don't want the anomaly to take up the whole season. I want to finally have an end to all the crap these people have been through and they be able to just develop a society in which people aren't constantly killing each other. Is that too much to ask for?

Quite possibly.
You're so right. This is one of the most plot-driven shows I've ever watched. That was one of the things I liked about it, actually. The characters and the audience get swept along with the insane pace of the plot developments. And that's usually a good thing in the case of The 100, imo. While character-driven storytelling might be ideal for slower, more thoughtful "prestige" tv shows, let's be honest: this is a teen action/sci-fi/drama on the CW. It's popcorn. The fast plot is fun to watch.

As for the anomaly, I think it depends on what the anomaly storyline ends up being about. If it's going to be a whole brand new scenario with a bunch of new characters, then I'd agree and say I don't want it to take up too much time. But if it somehow ties back in with previous seasons (eg, if "he" turns out to be Cadogan or somebody we already know,) then I would be okay with it being a bigger focus for the whole season.

Like with the Sheidheda thing. I'm hoping that it's not just going to be about him haunting the spaceship's computer system. I want the other commanders and whatever else was on the flame to also still be involved as well. We need Becca (and maybe even Lexa) in this story. That way it ties back to earlier seasons. I don't much like the prospect of having the final stretch of the entire series be about new stuff that's disconnected from previous lore.

But I can't see the show ending in any way other than a giant bang of some kind. I don't think these writers are giving us a nice, satisfying fade into the sunset. Something crazy will happen. That's what this show is.
Old 08-16-2019, 03:40 PM
Passionate Fan

Yeah I'm sure plenty of craziness will be included in the last season.

But did I misunderstand the finale? I thought sheidheda was the only one that got moved out of the flame and onto the ships computers. So all other commanders were deleted.

I know everyone wants Cadogan involved again somehow but I just don't see how that could happen. Without time travel. Which Jason claims isn't happening?

I think I mentioned something about time loops after watching Russian Doll. THAT is something I could be interested in along with exploring different time lines.
Old 08-16-2019, 03:55 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Yeah I'm sure plenty of craziness will be included in the last season.

But did I misunderstand the finale? I thought sheidheda was the only one that got moved out of the flame and onto the ships computers. So all other commanders were deleted.

I know everyone wants Cadogan involved again somehow but I just don't see how that could happen. Without time travel. Which Jason claims isn't happening?

I think I mentioned something about time loops after watching Russian Doll. THAT is something I could be interested in along with exploring different time lines.
I don't think they were very clear about what happened with the upload onto the ship's computers at the end. It seems to me like they could go either way with it.

Jason said "time travel" isn't happening, but he did also say that time is behaving strangely in the anomaly. And we know that cryosleep is a thing. And we have no idea where in the universe you end up when you go into the anomaly. So this is another situation where I think they left it open-ended enough for anything to happen. I'm not saying I'm like 100% predicting that it's going to be Cadogan. I'm just throwing it out there as an example of something that could tie the anomaly into the rest of the Earth apocalypse lore the show is based around.

I think it's going to be more of a "time dilation" thing than loops. Like I think they're gonna do an Interstellar rip-off and the spirally sphere thing is going to be advanced technology built by future humans who have figured out how to get around the 4th dimension.
Old 08-16-2019, 04:07 PM
Passionate Fan

Please Show, stay as far away from anything like Interstellar as you can. You've got enough plot holes as it is.
Old 08-16-2019, 06:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Please Show, stay as far away from anything like Interstellar as you can. You've got enough plot holes as it is.
I'm pretty sure this is where it's going, though I'm not that opposed to it (at least conceptually). It may not get quite as trippy as the bit with the room at the end, but time dilation and space folds are definitely on the menu if we take Jason at his word.
Old 08-16-2019, 06:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop (View Post)
I don't think they were very clear about what happened with the upload onto the ship's computers at the end. It seems to me like they could go either way with it.

Jason said "time travel" isn't happening, but he did also say that time is behaving strangely in the anomaly. And we know that cryosleep is a thing. And we have no idea where in the universe you end up when you go into the anomaly. So this is another situation where I think they left it open-ended enough for anything to happen. I'm not saying I'm like 100% predicting that it's going to be Cadogan. I'm just throwing it out there as an example of something that could tie the anomaly into the rest of the Earth apocalypse lore the show is based around.

I think it's going to be more of a "time dilation" thing than loops. Like I think they're gonna do an Interstellar rip-off and the spirally sphere thing is going to be advanced technology built by future humans who have figured out how to get around the 4th dimension.
This is pretty much how I see it. Sheidheida escaping alone is what we're led to believe but it's not established, and I have to think they're at least attempting to get Alicia Debnam-Carey in for a cameo.

The anomaly has been there for thousands of years, but the Eligius crew only arrived hundreds of years ago. Time and space folding, connecting different temporal points is one of the only ways they can have that make sense without bringing in alien life.