Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2019, 08:30 AM
Passionate Fan

Seriously, this just smacks to me that the human race is full of despicable people no matter where you go and those are the ones who achieve power. Monty's fear come true. We're the problem. Just set fire to Sanctum and let humanity die. This is the message I am currently getting from this show.
Old 05-25-2019, 08:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Monty had hoped that they could do better on this new planet, but it seems like this has eluded them once again. As depressing as it all is, it really does capture the essence of humanity ... that there's a lot of garbage people out there who would do anything to survive and can somehow justify their actions, no matter how reprehensible.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 05-25-2019, 09:07 AM
Passionate Fan

The thing is this world is full of good people. Sure, ton's of bad things going on and people doing atrocious things to one another. But that's not all this world is. Yet I feel like this is all this show represents. It's honestly depressing me.
Old 05-26-2019, 06:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I mostly at this point want to see what else is out there/beyond this creepy body-snatching place. I'm intrigued.

Old 05-26-2019, 06:35 PM
Passionate Fan

Exactly! There are so many other things to explore. Instead we have more of humans being evil to each other. It's an alien planet!

Old 05-27-2019, 06:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hahahah is there air
Love it

I said this on the news thread and it's really quite irrelevant, but I wonder if any of the Primes were ever put in hosts of the opposite sex? Wouldn't that be interesting?

Old 05-27-2019, 06:48 PM
Passionate Fan

That would be trippy. I was actually just thinking earlier today how strange would be to switch bodies with a man just for a day to know it feels like. And now I'm reminded of this book I read a few years ago in which all the people in their society are reborn. For hundreds of years it's been the same people just reborn over and over. And sometimes you're a man and other times you're a woman.
Old 05-28-2019, 01:12 PM
Addicted Fan

Does anyone else just sit around and think about what all is going on this season?

I'm really wondering - based quite a bit on Ryker's seeming indifference to his own mother being reborn on Delilah's Naming Day - if the "kids" aren't nearly as into the whole Eternal Primes thing as their parents are. ("Mom, it's just not right that we keep stealing their bodies!" "So help me, you will get into that new body and you will like it, mister!") Even though Clarke-as-Josephine seemed pretty happy with her new digs, I still can't help but shake the feeling that the Children of Gabriel resistance movement was born with her help. I'm so eager to see how all of this plays out.

Also, based on Rose's "are you here to take us home?" which we still don't know any more about, I can't help but feel that the Primes have been feeding the rest of the people a bunch of lies this whole time, like maybe they're working on a way to get back to earth and the rebirthing is a necessary evil until they can figure it out. I don't know. I'm just fascinated by the whole thing.
Old 05-28-2019, 01:13 PM
Addicted Fan

site is glitching, double posted
Old 05-28-2019, 04:06 PM
Passionate Fan

I've been wondering about the "take us home" bit. I mean they end an episode on it like it was a twist or reveal and then...nothing.
Old 05-28-2019, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was just thinking about that line this morning - what was up with that? Nothing at all? Did the kids literally just mean their homes that were like, five feet away?

Old 05-28-2019, 11:32 PM
Elite Fan

Nah, I doubt that's what they meant

But earth seems kinda far-fetched maybe? Who knows what stories about earth became "history" for these peeps. Maybe there is this lore that "one day we'll go back home", aka earth?

Kate | art thread | tumblr | icon
Old 05-29-2019, 05:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope we find out, I am not a fan of loose ends

Old 05-29-2019, 08:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn74 (View Post)

Also, based on Rose's "are you here to take us home?" which we still don't know any more about, I can't help but feel that the Primes have been feeding the rest of the people a bunch of lies this whole time, like maybe they're working on a way to get back to earth and the rebirthing is a necessary evil until they can figure it out. I don't know. I'm just fascinated by the whole thing.
Yup, same here. I hope that they didn't drop the ball with that comment, I just have a feeling like it'll be revealed only in the finale somehow? Maybe as a set up for the next season's plot? Nothing to back this up, just a feeling I have.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 05-29-2019, 09:46 AM
Addicted Fan

Spoilers for The Gospel of Josephine -

Spoiler:

My GOSH what an episode! I'll be posting my thoughts about it in the appropriate thread just as soon as I take a quick shower.