View Single Post
Old 08-16-2019, 06:23 PM
Kallor8
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop (View Post)
I don't think they were very clear about what happened with the upload onto the ship's computers at the end. It seems to me like they could go either way with it.

Jason said "time travel" isn't happening, but he did also say that time is behaving strangely in the anomaly. And we know that cryosleep is a thing. And we have no idea where in the universe you end up when you go into the anomaly. So this is another situation where I think they left it open-ended enough for anything to happen. I'm not saying I'm like 100% predicting that it's going to be Cadogan. I'm just throwing it out there as an example of something that could tie the anomaly into the rest of the Earth apocalypse lore the show is based around.

I think it's going to be more of a "time dilation" thing than loops. Like I think they're gonna do an Interstellar rip-off and the spirally sphere thing is going to be advanced technology built by future humans who have figured out how to get around the 4th dimension.
This is pretty much how I see it. Sheidheida escaping alone is what we're led to believe but it's not established, and I have to think they're at least attempting to get Alicia Debnam-Carey in for a cameo.

The anomaly has been there for thousands of years, but the Eligius crew only arrived hundreds of years ago. Time and space folding, connecting different temporal points is one of the only ways they can have that make sense without bringing in alien life.