Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-21-2010, 08:12 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristalBuddy (View Post)
Right? I need to use that when I start applying for a job for the seasonal positions His speech was really good though!

Kris is on fire with his acting. I love Baze's dialog with all the characters and the fact that he's really going into father mode really suits him. The "I'll stay up late with you to study" thing really melted my heart.

Shiri - amazing! I love the amount of emotion and the fact that you can feel Cate's frustrations right along with her.

And about Lux, yes I agree. It's nice that she finally gets to be the kid now and all this acting out stuff is coming form an insecure place that she doesn't want her family to feel like they got a lemon for a kid, but it sucks to see the smart witty girl from season 1 turn into such a..such...I don't know...teenager. The reason I was drawn to Lux in the first place was because she always seemed to be wise beyond her years even though she would screw up here and there. Now it just seems like she's a deceitful kid that's really grinding my gears.

Math, although he still seems all self-righteous like...I'm glad he was somewhat encouraging to Baze and told him not to give up.

Ryan, he was definitely tolerable. At first, when he showed up at career day I rolled my eyes thinking he was going to be corny and whatever his plan was was going to backfire and the spotlight would fall entirely on him. But in the end it was a really nice touch to the episode. They get some brownie points!

Love the CB interaction too. Finally some co-parenting rather than seeing them struggle with their feelings for each other and yell at each other. Yeah there was bickering here and there but it was for genuine concern for Lux and it was playful rather than low blows to be hurtful.

Also, please watch the double posting guys. Thanks.

Sorry about the double posting. I didn't post for 10 minutes thinking someone already posted before me. Next time I will wait 30 minutes.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:19 PM
Elite Fan

It's not a big deal, Hope but I know that feeling where you want to post something before you forget your thoughts - sometimes I sit here refreshing and refreshing, hoping that someone posts You can always edit your previous post and add to it
Old 09-21-2010, 08:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregirl82 (View Post)
see that's what I'm talking about. These great one liners! I love both those lines! And Cates....my names Cate...it's like Cat with an "e" on the end as she's trying to fix the mic stand
That was funny.

Others that made me crack up:

"I'm picturing Ryan in a dress...doesn't do it for me"

"Don't worry about it, you're my kid. You have got academic success in your blood which hopefully is going to counteract that dumbass you got from Baze."

Also had to laugh at Baze looking like he wants to get the hell away from Paige towards the end when they're all about to toast and she's all up on him.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:24 PM
Total Fan

and the if you want met to put together a donkey basketball game I can....and Cate she can bake cookies or I can buy them!
Old 09-21-2010, 08:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunkPunk88 (View Post)
That was funny.

Others that made me crack up:

"I'm picturing Ryan in a dress...doesn't do it for me"

"Don't worry about it, you're my kid. You have got academic success in your blood which hopefully is going to counteract that dumbass you got from Baze."

Also had to laugh at Baze looking like he wants to get the hell away from Paige towards the end when they're all about to toast and she's all up on him.
This!!! I seriously did a double take to make sure I heard that right Good to know I wasn't losing my mind and she really did say that! I missed these amazing lines!
Old 09-21-2010, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

The amazing one liners is what makes this show so great
Old 09-21-2010, 08:56 PM
Addicted Fan

This show rocks!

Lux- Once I adore a television character, she could drown puppies and I would still love her. I wasn't actively mad about the cheating. I was just thinking, "That's going to come back and bite you in the ass." Unless you were Cate in high school, everyone's cheated on a test at least once. In my high school German class, tests were group activities whether or not we had permission. My friends and I were talking a few years ago about how our kindergarten teachers should be proud because we've learned to share.

C/B- I loved their banter.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:57 PM
Master Fan

Baze: There's a bit of a problem there, cuz see I'm a little bit between careers right now, and this one, she's the public speaker of the family, she just got can-
Cate: Cer. Cancer. I thought it was cancer, but it was more like this 24 hour bug kind of thing.

Completely random moment that I liked:

During the career day speech, Ryan shows up behind Baze and Math saying "hey guys" and Baze was like "hey, it's Ryan" and began filming him. It's so not an actual moment, but I loved how Baze said it and I loved that Ryan seemed over the annoyance he had for Baze in the premiere. It'll be back next week, but for now, I'll enjoy that tiny moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddessofYouth (View Post)

Lux- Once I adore a television character, she could drown puppies and I would still love her. I wasn't actively mad about the cheating. I was just thinking, "That's going to come back and bite you in the ass." Unless you were Cate in high school, everyone's cheated on a test at least once. In my high school German class, tests were group activities whether or not we had permission. My friends and I were talking a few years ago about how our kindergarten teachers should be proud because we've learned to share.
Agreed about not really being mad about it. I don't know of a single person who didn't cheat at least once in school. Kids do it. It's morally wrong, but it happens.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

This episode is cracking me up. I am loving the lots of C/B/L in the beginning. Its the best part!
Old 09-21-2010, 09:19 PM
Extreme Fan

So Emma Caufield, is playing a character named "Emma", how original.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeRoMe (View Post)
So Emma Caufield, is playing a character named "Emma", how original.
Yep, that was done on purpose. Liz wrote the character for Emma Caulfield. She loved her so much and wanted her on the show so bad she decided to name the character after her.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

I actually liked Emma from the first impression. Maybe its cause I love the actress so much though.

I am liking the Lux/Eric storyline a little more this episode then I did the first time. I don't know I think i could possibly ship them if they keep doing it right.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:31 PM
Master Fan

I don't think I could ever ship them while he's still her teacher, but once her real teacher comes back and he's no longer hers, I could get behind it.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:32 PM
Extreme Fan

I see, I don't follow Lux news, but I just saw her on tv and thought of Buffy and then, heard her name was referenced as Emma, and I was like, "Ugh, isn't her name Emma" and went on imdb, and (poof) It was! Regardless, I see, the main creator created her character after her, interesting.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunkPunk88 (View Post)
I don't think I could ever ship them while he's still her teacher, but once her real teacher comes back and he's no longer hers, I could get behind it.
I didn't think i would be able to either but there is something about it that I find myself falling for. the way he held her hand in the gym and told it was real I loved that. I can't help it