Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-19-2010, 08:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Episode Discussion 2X02: Parents Unemployed

Airing Tuesday September 21, 2010 and 9pm.

Cate and Baze look for new jobs - When Cate (Shiri Appleby) and Baze (Kristoffer Polaha) are summoned to the principal's office at Lux's (Britt Robertson) school, they are shocked to learn that Lux is failing and must make a drastic improvement in her grades or risk being kicked out. Meanwhile, after having the rug pulled out from under her at work, Cate starts the difficult process of looking for her next job, and in an effort to be a grown up, Baze decides to interview for a position at his father's firm. Emma Caulfield ("Buffy the Vampire Slayer") guest stars as a woman who works for Baze's father. Austin Basis also stars. Jerry Levine directed the episode written by Patti Carr & Lara Olsen.

YouTube - Life Unexpected-2x02 Promo
Old 09-19-2010, 06:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you for the thread Nat! I can't wait to see where things go from here!
Old 09-19-2010, 08:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Things sound like they'll be interesting. Wow, I didn't know you could be expelled for bad grades, staying back a year - sure, but they're actually going to kick her out without disciplinary problems?!

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:25 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for starting this, Nat

I've heard of being kicked out for extreme circumstances regarding grades but never without multiple warnings. You'd think that if Lux's grades slipping or the minute she started slacking the teachers would contact Baze and Cate well in advance...considering that she's a new student and the 'bong' problem. Besides...Math is a teacher there...you don't think he'd hear about Lux struggling in school?
Old 09-20-2010, 07:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristalBuddy (View Post)
Thanks for starting this, Nat

I've heard of being kicked out for extreme circumstances regarding grades but never without multiple warnings. You'd think that if Lux's grades slipping or the minute she started slacking the teachers would contact Baze and Cate well in advance...considering that she's a new student and the 'bong' problem. Besides...Math is a teacher there...you don't think he'd hear about Lux struggling in school?
I was thinking the same thing. Obviously this problem didn't just come out of the blue. I know schools are overwhelmed, but you'd think that they would have done something/said something before it reached this point. And, you'd think Math would have said something, too. Math is her teacher, too, right? I think I remember a scene with her sitting in his class - when Brynn invited her over to spend the night in Bong Intercepted. He'd obviously know - at least about her struggling in his class. Oh well...anything to add drama to the situation. It looks like Lux will be at least given a chance to improve her grades before they would expell her.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:38 AM
Elite Fan

Wait, you're right Keri Math is suppose to be her teacher so you'd think he'd step in. He never talks to Lux anymore yet they bring in a new teacher to do a job you'd think her father's best friend would have don immediately It's for the drama factor Maybe his class is the only one she's making an effort in
Old 09-20-2010, 07:41 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Wait, you're right Keri Math is suppose to be her teacher so you'd think he'd step in. He never talks to Lux anymore yet they bring in a new teacher to do a job you'd think her father's best friend would have don immediately It's for the drama factor Maybe his class is the only one she's making an effort in
Remember Math is only there for Kate. His long time crush.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:49 AM
Elite Fan

Oh boy, is his grudge against Baze that strong?!
Old 09-20-2010, 08:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Maybe she isn't doing as bad in Math's class - or he just wanted to give her more time to improve before he ratted her out to her parents. But...still, as Baze's friend you would think he would be the first to intervene. I kind of hope they don't skip over that, and that Math and Baze talk about it. I have a feeling we'll get a Math/Lux one-on-one convo in this episode.

One thing I didn't quite like about the premiere is that Math did not get yelled at for what he did in the finale! I'm STILL waiting for it. Does that make me a bad person? Come on! Someone...ANYONE! But I'd prefer if it were Baze. Maybe we'll never get that. In the premiere, it was kind of sweet that Math was drinking with Baze and passed out on the bar, and Baze talked about dragging him upstairs. That look Baze gave Math when he told him he was drinking a "Tuscan Sun" was PRICELESS! He's like, "Really?" Baze obviously doesn't blame Math (just like he doesn't blame Lux), and he's moving forward. Their friendship doesn't seem to have suffered too much, from what we've seen so far. At least we didn't see Math judging Baze or acting all disappointed about the wedding crash...yet.

Last edited by kerbear28; 09-20-2010 at 08:19 AM
Old 09-20-2010, 08:46 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Oh boy, is his grudge against Baze that strong?!
I wouldn 't be surprised. I am sure once he hears about Baze sleeping with the old bar attendant he will have his disappointment face. Let's hope Baze tells him where to shove it. I am sorry but Math is on my list to never like again. He has outlived his usefulness.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

I didn't even think about Math knowing about Lux's school problems but of course it makes sense. He should have said something. Problems with school don't just randomally show up someone should have brought it up before it got this bad.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:52 AM
Total Fan

Last year Bug mentioned her grades were crap. So if they were how'd she get into Westmonte in the first place?? Was it cause Cate pulled some strings?
I don't think one risk getting kicked out of school. And taking ur kid to Vegas for 2 weeks probably didnt help. Maybe Lux needs to focus less on boys and more on school.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ya Cate did pull some strings. She went in there and begged the principal to let Lux in because she wanted her to go to her old school.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

I don't blame Math he's a friend but he's not Cate/Baze's keeper. It's up to Lux's parents to I don't know parent their child.

Instead of being Lux's pal maybe Baze should start acting like a parent and find out how Lux is doing in school and elsewhere. As for Cate she needs to stop being self-absorbed and pay attention to her child.

I wonder when Cate was begging the principal to let Lux in if she knew what Lux's grades were. Because I'm sure there was a difference between where Lux was going to school and where she wound up at.

I'm sorry but most times it feels like Lux is the parent and Baze/Cate are the bickering children.

I wouldn't be surprised if hot young teacher becomes Lux's tutor and that's how they get closer.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:09 PM
Addicted Fan

If Lux goes to a public school, Westmonte has all the aspects of that- no uniforms, football team, etc., then all Cate had to do is fill out some paperwork to enroll her, since she lives in the district. There would be no begging or pulling of strings required to enroll her, and that was the school Lux should have been going to based on where she lives. I graduated from a public school, and plenty of my classmates started in the middle of year due to moves, etc.

I've never heard of anyone getting expelled for bad grades. They'd get held back a grade, not expelled.

Convo between Cate and Principal:
Cate: I'm here to enroll a new student- to start tomorrow.
Principal (cheerful tone): Sure! Come on in!

Last edited by GoddessofYouth; 09-20-2010 at 01:15 PM