Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-23-2010, 10:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristalBuddy (View Post)
I'm not sure. Maybe Ryan won't be able to exactly judge since maybe he too has residual feelings for an ex-significant other, too. Yes, Cate is his wife but could he really fault Baze when the guy is trying to move on?
He can't fault Baze for trying to move on and I don't think he will.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristalBuddy (View Post)
I'm not sure. Maybe Ryan won't be able to exactly judge since maybe he too has residual feelings for an ex-significant other, too. Yes, Cate is his wife but could he really fault Baze when the guy is trying to move on?
It's possible but at the same time - I'm not thinking in those exact terms, I'm going with I don't really think it would necessarily be a matter of Ryan 'judging' Baze, it would be more of a situation that involves his emotions running away with him. Like you pointed out, Cate is his wife - I don't doubt for a second that Ryan sincerely loves her (even if Julia is the special one who got away) and I would think even if Baze is/was trying to move on, just knowing that Baze could still be carrying around those feelings, while constantly interacting with Cate for Lux's benefit, could make him feel rather uneasy and create doubts. Especially if Ryan makes a final decision to put Julia in the past, regardless of what secrets come to light, and wants to work on saving his marriage to Cate. I don't think any husband would really be comfortable with that kind of knowledge and constant interaction, not just Ryan himself.

I'm just thinking the situation is a bit different from before. Before, Ryan was dealing with Cate and her confused feelings and now - it's like realizing that it wasn't just some random hook-up for Baze in the end after all and does shine a new light on things. Especially if he can relate to that because of 'Julia' - she's the one who got away from him, what if Ryan is thinking about 'Cate' being the one who got away from Baze and what that might mean in the future, not necessarily in the present time.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's very true. I don't think Ryan would be faulting Baze for trying to move on but now that he knows about those feelings it will definitely make things awkward. No matter what happens if he chooses to forget Julia and commit completely to Cate the fact that Baze will always be around it will make it hard for Ryan to forget about those feelings.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
It's possible but at the same time - I'm not thinking in those exact terms, I'm going with I don't really think it would necessarily be a matter of Ryan 'judging' Baze, it would be more of a situation that involves his emotions running away with him. Like you pointed out, Cate is his wife - I don't doubt for a second that Ryan sincerely loves her (even if Julia is the special one who got away) and I would think even if Baze is/was trying to move on, just knowing that Baze could still be carrying around those feelings, while constantly interacting with Cate for Lux's benefit, could make him feel rather uneasy and create doubts. Especially if Ryan makes a final decision to put Julia in the past, regardless of what secrets come to light, and wants to work on saving his marriage to Cate. I don't think any husband would really be comfortable with that kind of knowledge and constant interaction, not just Ryan himself.

I'm just thinking the situation is a bit different from before. Before, Ryan was dealing with Cate and her confused feelings and now - it's like realizing that it wasn't just some random hook-up for Baze in the end after all and does shine a new light on things. Especially if he can relate to that because of 'Julia' - she's the one who got away from him, what if Ryan is thinking about 'Cate' being the one who got away from Baze and what that might mean in the future, not necessarily in the present time.
I see what you're saying. I definitely think the revelations in the last episode will increase the awkwardness/uneasiness between Ryan and Baze. However, I don't think it's because Ryan all of a sudden knows that Baze loves Cate. I assume that Ryan, like Cate, has understood that fact since the wedding crash. Seriously...what else would Ryan have thought Baze was doing? That tension has been there all season. What's new is that Ryan has learned Cate had feelings for Baze, that Baze actually had a shot with Cate. Ryan never knew Cate's side. Until Baze spilled the beans about Cate coming to his loft the night before the wedding, I don't think Ryan had a clue that Cate was that confused or having any serious doubts before the wedding. I mean...if Baze would have told her he loved her, Cate might of called off the wedding! Or...she doesn't "know." I'm sorry, but that would bother any husband - knowing that your wife thought she might be in love with another man, and that same man is constantly around her (and carrying around his own feelings for her!). Yikes. Plus...You're right. Ryan can relate to Baze about "the one that got away." Ryan's only human...I can really see his suspicion and paranoia about CB spending time together growing now that he knows that Cate had real feelings for Baze. It would be hard for Ryan to trust either of them. Cate told Ryan that she put those feelings "to bed" the moment she said "I do," but...still. Actually, I think knowing what CATE did the night before the wedding will make Ryan more understanding of Baze crashing the wedding. It wasn't just Baze randomly deciding to ruin things for CR. Cate's actions are what gave Baze HOPE and motivated him to take a shot.

That said, I think Ryan will be THRILLED to see Baze trying to move on - and he's going to be a HUGE supporter of Baze/Emma. Seeing Baze in a committed relationship would likely help Ryan breath a little easier. I can see a lot of awkwardness between Emma and Cate, too. How will Cate react to Emma? How will Ryan react to Cate's reaction? It's going to be AWESOME to have them all thrown together. I can't wait to see what happens.

Last edited by kerbear28; 10-25-2010 at 09:09 PM
Old 10-26-2010, 07:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Imagine coming to work freshly showered and then having to get covered in that.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:16 PM
Extreme Fan

Oh my God, that's one of my nightmares!
What's worse is having to do these kind of scenes all over again!

Keri, you've basically summed it up perfectly!
I'm hoping we'll have our share of awkwardness... Cate and Emma is what I'm most looking forward. Last year was Cate & the boys, this year is probably going to be Baze & the girls. lol
I'm already Team Cate, btw!

Could I just turn and stare in icy silence ♫
Old 10-26-2010, 10:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Seriously...How does Shiri look cute even when she's covered in mud? Not fair. Not fair at all.

Rachel: Yeah, I'm anticipating seeing some Baze & the girls this season. Team Cate forever!
Old 10-26-2010, 11:06 PM
Extreme Fan

Ugh I know! Is there some kind of "gift of cuteness" that I should know of? Because I wanna have that too!

Could I just turn and stare in icy silence ♫
Old 10-27-2010, 10:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

She definitely still looks good covered in mud!
Old 10-27-2010, 11:13 AM
Total Fan

atleast she's happy about being covered in mud. Me I wouldn't be so happy even if I was being paid!
Old 10-27-2010, 02:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think it would fun to get paid to do that!
Old 10-27-2010, 03:09 PM
Total Fan

yeah I guess that would be easy and like we said before apparently it's good for the skin
Old 10-28-2010, 03:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Is that really mud though?
Old 10-28-2010, 05:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregirl82 (View Post)
yeah I guess that would be easy and like we said before apparently it's good for the skin
That we did say. I wouldn't see why it wouldn't be real mud?
Old 10-28-2010, 06:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ya Im sure its real mud.