Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-22-2010, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
It's not sheltering her child, instead it's acknowledging her problems shouldn't be her child's too. What's going on with Ryan and her shouldn't have to worry Lux.
Unfortunately, though, I don't think that's always very realistic. And what I mean by that, is that it's easier for a young child to live more inside of a fantasy world but a teenager of Lux's age is going to be able to pick up what's going on around them very easily. And in that respect, the parents problems are often the child's too, regardless, because the decisions resulting from the conflict automatically effect them. For example, the tension in the house is going to be felt and it won't just magically disappear - so in that sense, I think it would be best for Lux to have some idea of what's going on and not be kept completely in the dark. Also, if CR end in divorce, it will be natural for someone of Lux's age to want to know why.

It's kind of a slippery slope here, to be honest. I always knew what was going on in my parents marriage because we all lived together and it wasn't like it could be hidden away.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:17 PM
Elite Fan

It's not always realistic, you're right, but that doesn't automatically make it a fantasy and of course the teenager can see what's going on. I'm not suggesting hiding it, but venting about it isn't the route to go either. Now, if Cate wants to tell Lux "Things might be changing. Ryan and I are having a rough time right now." and then being open to Lux having questions, that's fine. But What Cate obviously needs is to vent and that person shouldn't be Lux anyway. Lux is confused enough and shes a teen, quite possibly the roughest time for a girl. Speaking from experience I wish I knew less, more like I wish I was involved or put in the middle much less than I was between 14-18...it's actually screwed me up a little having to feel like I was choosing sides or knowing the things I knew. My mom is a lot like a Cate - needing to vent and having no one to go to. While it's great to help your mother in that sense, it has its repercussions on the child too. Cate made the right choice to bite her tongue in that moment if she was looking to vent, that's all I'm saying.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Exactly Cate doesn't need to talk about it what she needs is to vent. And while it would be nice to vent to Lux Cate wouldn't do that because Lux has more then enough already going on in her life and Cate wouldn't want to put her problems onto Lux.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, I never said it was a fantasy. I said it's easy for a much younger child to live in a fantasy-like land in their own mind due to their age and maturity level. While they may sense some things, they don't always comprehend the exact things being discussed by the adults in the house. That wouldn't be the case for someone who is Lux's age. And I think it's realistic to assume that CR will be having discussions/arguments that Lux can and will very easily overhear because they all live in the same house. As much as 'therapists' and others in the profession may advise otherwise, I just don't find that to be realistic - it's life. The one thing I agree on is that Cate should never treat Lux as if she were her therapist. And that's why I agreed earlier on that it would be a good idea for Cate to see someone who she could really vent to.

Also, I could have just matured quicker but I was lucky enough to have never felt 'put in the middle' during my teen years. I think both my parents did a good job raising me, they are still married to this day but due to my upbringing - I had a clear sense of what was right and wrong even during some of the rough spots in their marriage. Sometimes one was just clearly right over the other and there was nothing wrong with me acknowledging that. It didn't make me love my other parent any less. I've actually been vented at 'by both' over the course of time, lol. It is what it is but I also realize everyone is different and all of us are going to view Lux through our own perspective or maybe even experience.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:10 PM
Elite Fan

Well at least we agree on the part that Cate did the right thing in not venting to Lux. As for the other things, the conversation has veered to personal experiences and I'd rather we move onto other topics of conversations instead of arguing or offending each other in the end

I'm interested in see where Cate goes from here. The next episode seems pretty light hearted from the promos but problems never disappear. She's never met Emma and I believe in some of the episode stills Emma is there in the camping trip (why? don't know ) but I'm interested in seeing how Cate reacts to meeting the woman that has Baze's attention now.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristalBuddy (View Post)
Well at least we agree on the part that Cate did the right thing in not venting to Lux. As for the other things, the conversation has veered to personal experiences and I'd rather we move onto other topics of conversations instead of arguing or offending each other in the end
Agreed.

Quote:
I'm interested in see where Cate goes from here. The next episode seems pretty light hearted from the promos but problems never disappear. She's never met Emma and I believe in some of the episode stills Emma is there in the camping trip (why? don't know ) but I'm interested in seeing how Cate reacts to meeting the woman that has Baze's attention now.
It will be interesting to see. I didn't see those, I only saw the preview for next week so it did not offer too much.

Old 10-22-2010, 07:22 PM
Total Fan

yeah Ryan's not part of the camping trip is he??

I'm assuming maybe we may not even see him in this epi.

And I agree Cate's problems shouldn't be Lux's problems. But Lux is old enough to know and understand all that's going on even if they're not telling her much. No matter what age you always sense when things are wrong even when people are lying to you telling you it will be alright.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I suspect because this is TV and a family drama - we'll just have to expect to see some of those boundaries crossed.

But, yeah, I really didn't think about Ryan and his involvement in the next episode. Cate will be flying 'solo' there, I guess. LOL

Old 10-22-2010, 08:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Well, if you want to know...
Spoiler:

I didn't realize Emma was going to be on the trip, too, until you mentioned the episode still, Cristal. Did Cate officially meet her at the golf tournament? I don't think so. It will definitely be interesting to see Cate's reaction to her.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ah, okay, thanks for that clarification on the episode.

Old 10-22-2010, 09:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Its gonna be interesting throwing them all together. Can't wait to see if we get an official introduction with Cate and Emma
Old 10-22-2010, 10:26 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I was on the website (CW) and it looks like Emma is standing behind Cate in a still. (I'm so angry that the episode still isn't up, btw) I completely forgot about the Golfing scene! It didn't exactly look like they were formally introduced except when Baze tried to convince Emma to let Cate be the celeb guest. But they didnt really care for each other. Now, Emma knows that Baze love(d)(s) Cate and Cate knows that Baze has feelings for Emma. It's bound to bring some awkward moments.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I agree, there will probably be definite awkward moments between Cate/Emma. I'm actually expecting a little bit more awkward tension once again between Ryan/Baze - especially since it's been made known to Ryan that Baze loves her.

Old 10-23-2010, 07:10 AM
Elite Fan

I'm not sure. Maybe Ryan won't be able to exactly judge since maybe he too has residual feelings for an ex-significant other, too. Yes, Cate is his wife but could he really fault Baze when the guy is trying to move on?
Old 10-23-2010, 09:28 AM
Passionate Fan

I've seen Emma is on the trip too, and I like her, plus it's a good way for Cate to show she has feelings for Baze, but I don't buy that storyline at all. It's...off. If more, Baze seems a weak guy who falls for everyone...one day he "has feelings for one" and A MONTH LATER he has feelings for another....:rolleyes".
If Cate wasn't that screwed up I imagine she would realise this too.
Now, on the other hand, while I'm a CB fan (together they are better than ever) and I don't like happy Cate and Ryan I'm fascinated with the tension and the angst they generate.