Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-19-2010, 10:00 PM
Addicted Fan

Cristal can you add me?
Old 10-19-2010, 10:02 PM
Elite Fan

Added you Emily. Gosh, were we all on there at some point but something happened to the list?
Old 10-19-2010, 10:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't know it seems like none of were on there we all just assumed we were.

I just finished the ep and that final scene with Cate, man Shiri blew me away. You can just see all the pain and anger in her eyes and she's trying so hard to hold all that back but its slipping through and she's not able to hold everything inside anymore. She's got so many issues and not just because of Baze or Ryan it goes way further back then that and she really needs to get some help to work through all of this.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddessofYouth (View Post)
Rachel, I'm the same way with both Lux and Cate. Nothing either of them does really upsets me. I sometimes feel like yelling, "Don't do it! You're going to regret that!", etc, at the tv, but I always feel bad for them when it blows up in their faces.
yeah, I think this describes me too when it comes to Cate. I don't know why but even when she's made a decision that's not good for her, I can't help but feel bad and want to sympathize in her defense.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ya because you know she's so messed up inside and even though she's doing stuff to herself you can't help but sympathize with her.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:16 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelface211 (View Post)
I don't know it seems like none of were on there we all just assumed we were.

I just finished the ep and that final scene with Cate, man Shiri blew me away. You can just see all the pain and anger in her eyes and she's trying so hard to hold all that back but its slipping through and she's not able to hold everything inside anymore. She's got so many issues and not just because of Baze or Ryan it goes way further back then that and she really needs to get some help to work through all of this.
This is what really makes me understand Cate now. I can't explain it but the more I get to know Cate - what makes her tick, what scares her, what went on in her life in the past - I realize how much I see myself in Cate and I understand. I don't lie the way she does but all the things piling up and building...I get it. It's all weighing down on her and it scares her.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Exactly Cristal that is what Im saying as well. There is something in Cate that I just can relate too. I don't agree with how she goes about things but the need to make others happy over herself I get that. It makes sense and it makes sense after doing that for so many years that things are gonna blow up.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

yup, agreed. When these issues reach a 'boiling point', Cate is only human so it's all going to blow. That can't be stopped, after all, she is only human and sometimes the 'release' doesn't always come out the right way or get directed to somewhere or into something more positive.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:30 PM
Extreme Fan

Nat, I completely agree with all of your posts! She's a talented actress.
I was also happy she wasn't mad at Baze, it's a change from season 1.
And she needs more support! Although everyone's here around every day, it feels like no one's really there, sees that something's wrong and comforts her. She has her own problems with Ryan, Lux is going through a teacher/school crisis and Baze... well he could be there but since he's trying to move on and doesn't want to get too close to Cate, it's not really an option. Honestly, where's the love?

Cristal, now I get it and it makes sense. I think there's a bit of Cate in all of us, we can easily identify with her. Probably all of the characters actually.

Could I just turn and stare in icy silence ♫
Old 10-19-2010, 10:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

I keep saying Cate needs a female confidant to unload on and commiserate with. She can't keep doing that with Lux. She's her kid.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Exactly she has so many people in her life but nobody really sees beneath the surface to what's really wrong. Maybe Lux a little but she needs someone that she can confide in and I just don't see her doing that with Lux because it is her kid.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystaline (View Post)
I keep saying Cate needs a female confidant to unload on and commiserate with. She can't keep doing that with Lux. She's her kid.
She really does need someone.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:00 PM
Extreme Fan

Very true! She needs a best friend or someone who will help her out with her emotions. Sometimes I just wish it could be Baze since they're builting up a friendship...

Old 10-19-2010, 11:28 PM
Elite Fan

So far from what we've seen, I'd say that Cate is the most broken of all the characters. Lux has a lot of buried secrets, I'm sure - but we're seeing how much Cate's past and how it's all building up is effecting her. At some point I can see her needing therapy or something. It's really taking a toll on her.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:59 PM
Extreme Fan

I think so too. It's hard to tell because Lux seems to have had a tough life as well but there's something stronger with Cate. But I could be wrong.
Yeah, you're right about the therapy thing. I'm very curious to see how she's gonna get better and deal with her issues.