Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2012, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebreath (View Post)
Jen (and Courteney) especially seemed to be having a hard time holding them back. It's such a bitter-sweet scene. But I love how Ross and Rachel keep holding hands, or hugging, or when Ross kisses her head all through it. Whenever I watch the scene, I always seem to just focus on them. I can't help but!
It really was bittersweet The end of an era! (in both real life and on the show, in RL because it was the end of the show after ten awesome seasons and in the show because of M/C moving out and everything) But so many feelings from that last emotional scene

And I also agree about RnR, I love how affectionate they were in those last moments, always hugging/kissing.. So adorable!

This makes me think about how much I also love the RnR scene the morning after TOW Rachel's Going Away party, the way they look at each other adoringly and with big sweet smiles they had finally acted on their feelings for once and they just looked so happy and in love!

Ross: Hey.
Rachel: Shh.. Go back to sleep. I have to go home.
Ross: Oh. This was amazing.
Rachel: It really was. You've learned some new moves!
Ross: Yeah, well, this guy at work gave me "Sex for Dummies" as a joke.
Rachel: Ah.
Ross: Who's laughing now?
Rachel: I know!

Whitney Houston

Greatest Voice Of All
Old 11-07-2012, 04:10 PM
Elite Fan

I love all those caps and quotes I wish they were still on our screens each week. No other TV couple compares to them.

Vicky
Old 11-08-2012, 12:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
How adorable are they here?

They are the cutest! I love this season.

TBH the show really changed once when broke up. My favorites scenes were the first three. . .especially since there was so much back and forth stuff between them, and when they really did get together, it was so sweet!
Old 11-08-2012, 01:32 PM
Master Fan

I'll come back to reply to posts later, but just wanted to quickly post some Ross/Rachel related tid-bits from the new Friends complete series blu-ray (my copy arrived today!).

In one of the documentaries, they talk about them quite a bit. They talk about Chandler/Monica, too, but not in the same lengths that they do with Ross/Rachel. Jim Burrows even goes on to talk about the chemistry between David and Jen, and how that transpired into the characters.

Anyway, one guy (I can't remember who this was right now) had this to say:

He referred to the R/R relationship as being the “mythology of the show” that the [episodes revolving them] are the “best ones, because that was really the soul of the show.

I COULDN'T AGREE MORE, SIR.

This is from the booklet that comes with the set. It's page 1 of Rachel's 18 page letter to Ross:

I LOVE that she starts is, "My dear sweet Ross." I would KILL to read all 18 pages of it.

Oh, and then there's this; the way in which the writers got the idea to have Ross say Rachel’s name at his wedding, in the season 4 finale:

“There was one time, at a taping, where David Schwimmer walked in the room, and what he was supposed to say was, “I have the cab waiting downstairs, Emily.” But he walked in and he said, “I have the cab waiting, Rachel. Oh, shoot, sorry, let me start again.” And he ran back out and we kind of went, “That… that’s what should happen!” It just happened because David flubbed his line.”

Old 11-08-2012, 03:52 PM
Elite Fan

Wow it's always great to get new RR related news and stories. I'm really impressed that you get page 1 of the letter. I wonder if the UK edition will be the same as for some reason they tend to be slightly different.

What's so great is that even David and Jen both felt strongly that RR should end up together and really rooted for them.

Thank you so much for sharing btw

Vicky
Old 11-08-2012, 04:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

I loved seeing part of the letter! I can't wait to get my set.
I am an original”
Old 11-08-2012, 05:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucas4life (View Post)
Wow it's always great to get new RR related news and stories. I'm really impressed that you get page 1 of the letter. I wonder if the UK edition will be the same as for some reason they tend to be slightly different.

What's so great is that even David and Jen both felt strongly that RR should end up together and really rooted for them.

Thank you so much for sharing btw
This is from the UK set! it's actually released a day earlier than the US set. Content wise, the set is the exact same. It's just the DVD box art that's completely different.

And you're welcome.

I transcribed what I could of the letter:

Quote:
My Dear Sweet Ross,

I can’t tell you how much emotion has swept across me in the last few hours. These past days have been such a roller coaster of feelings… all good! The touch of you’re your sweet hands makes me crazy. If only I could erase these last few months of hell that I’ve been going through - then maybe I could trust you enough to bring you back into my life.

We could have a new start. I really do want that as I write these words to you, it’s what I want more than anything on this earth. How can I express to you how I feel - PLEASE let [me find?] the right words [something something] so much love [then it gets cut off].
Aw, Rachel, bb! Pouring her heart out.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:16 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
How adorable are they here?

Aww, they're so sweet.

Previously, 'WileyDairyGnome'
Old 11-09-2012, 09:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Friends

Wow, I'm surprised they actually wrote a part of that 18 pages letter But that's great they put that with the blu-ray box! Thanks for sharing all those infos from this new edition

Whitney Houston

Greatest Voice Of All
Old 11-09-2012, 01:08 PM
Obsessed Fan

I found this gif set on Tumblr, and it's so true! Phoebe is totally the ultimate Ross/Rachel shipper.

theplanlaugh

Old 11-09-2012, 01:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WileyDairyGnome (View Post)
I found this gif set on Tumblr, and it's so true! Phoebe is totally the ultimate Ross/Rachel shipper.

theplanlaugh
Heee. I made that. She really is, though. And I LOVE that about her. I kind of feel like the whole gang were 'shipping them, but Phoebe more so than anyone. Joey, too, to an extent (all things considering).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black mamba (View Post)
And I also agree about RnR, I love how affectionate they were in those last moments, always hugging/kissing.. So adorable!

This makes me think about how much I also love the RnR scene the morning after TOW Rachel's Going Away party, the way they look at each other adoringly and with big sweet smiles they had finally acted on their feelings for once and they just looked so happy and in love!
Ah, yes. I adore that scene. They were just so giddy and adorable and argh, yes, so in love. They were just so happy to be with each other again. Despite their ups and downs, they both truly did make each other so happy. Oh, the love!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black mamba (View Post)
Wow, I'm surprised they actually wrote a part of that 18 pages letter But that's great they put that with the blu-ray box! Thanks for sharing all those infos from this new edition
It surprised me too, when I saw it! The props department really went all out at times to make things "real". I wonder how many pages they actually went into writing for it. I really do love it, though. Just seeing Rachel's true feelings for Ross, written down like that.

Oh, and you're welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucas4life (View Post)
I love all those caps and quotes I wish they were still on our screens each week. No other TV couple compares to them.
Ross/Rachel hold such a special place in my heart. They were the very first TV couple I was overly obsessed with. So much of youthful 'shipping days revolve around them.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:43 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Heee. I made that. She really is, though. And I LOVE that about her. I kind of feel like the whole gang were 'shipping them, but Phoebe more so than anyone. Joey, too, to an extent (all things considering).
Oh, I forgot that was your tumblr! Gosh, I love your gif sets so much.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WileyDairyGnome (View Post)

Oh, I forgot that was your tumblr! Gosh, I love your gif sets so much.
Aw, thank you!
Old 11-10-2012, 04:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thank you for posting all of that, onebreath! I love the detail in the letter, right down to the spelling of you're/your.

I also love the gifs of Phoebe showing her support for Ross and Rachel. She truly was their biggest fan.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:28 AM
Master Fan

You're welcome.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread