Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2012, 03:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

maybe we all think too much about things though. cuz it seems like the writers dnt really get it. reading julies interview it seems pretty obvious that elena made her choice and it was stefan, end of. she doesnt say anything really positive about DEe or make us think theres still hope. she kinda confirms its always been SE.

which is what is weird to me. do they not see how making elena meet damon first and having her say she wants an all consuming love (exactly how she described her feelings for damon) is positive for DE? Do they not understand that by having him compel Elena, it makes it look bad for SE? do they not get that by describing SE's love as "Safe" is doesnt look great for SE?

or maybe that was their plan for the entire episode. to make us think stefan was the safe choice, thus she wouldnt pick him. IDK. i just have no clue.

I need Kevin to do an interview.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:19 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
do they not see how making elena meet damon first and having her say she wants an all consuming love (exactly how she described her feelings for damon) is positive for DE? Do they not understand that by having him compel Elena, it makes it look bad for SE? do they not get that by describing SE's love as "Safe" is doesnt look great for SE?
I guess I've always thought that what you want before you go off a bridge and lose your parents is something you wanted before life made you grow up. she's a completely different girl - and it just seemed presumptous that Damon would know what a girl he'd never met before would want - maybe he was basing it off what he thought Katherine wanted? and the shows made it clear that they're nothing alike.

what some man thinks you want, and then what actually makes you happy, seems to be two different things for Elena.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:22 AM
Elite Fan

My take on this is that Elena didn't really make a decision, and this is clearly all for keeping the triangle "forward" lol, if you can even call it that. It's all going to be back and forth from here on out, but they will twist it in any way possible for it to come differently, and for it to seem like it's some consistent thing when it comes to who Elena chooses, at whatever point in the show, when it's really not lol. Because the reality is that these writers cannot have Elena choose ONE brother, without her having "complications", as they put it, with the other. Where does this lead to? Nowhere lol. We're going nowhere, and we're going to be filled with moments, which is exactly what I said a couple of weeks ago about my fear for the show just being all about moments, rather than continuation, and we're not going to go anywhere.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

yeah Jen, maybe thats what they were going for, the problem is that its not clear. Nothing on this show ever is.

cuz we have SE fans very happy and like you, they think that elena only wanted that kind of love when she was still younger, still happy ETC. but after her parents died what she wanted changed.

but then you have DE fans who think that her saying she wants that kind of love is a good thing for DE and that its foreshadowing that stefan was just the safe choice.

and i have no clue waht the writers want us to think or what they were trying to say.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:25 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
We're going nowhere, and we're going to be filled with moments, which is exactly what I said a couple of weeks ago about my fear for the show just being all about moments, rather than continuation, and we're not going to go anywhere.
exactly. the show can't close the door on either couple while all three of them are on the show. even when Elena was saying it'll always be Stefan, etc., etc., in past seasons fans still had hope for DE - fans see what they want to see, even if she married one of them, the other fanbase would still have hope. the chickening out of the writers' is definitely where this love triangle falls down. fans can take disappointment and the show can move on, all they have to do is watch other CW shows to see that.

Quote:
the problem is that its not clear. Nothing on this show ever is.
definitely. that drives me insane. I may love Stefan but tbh I would have been happy with Elena making any choice just to see this come to an end.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:26 AM
Elite Fan

Then wtf is the point? lol. Like is everything seriously filler until the series finale? Wow, maybe I shouldn't just bother watching the show at all until then, cause it seems like that's exactly the case lol.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:33 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ღMitra (View Post)
Then wtf is the point? lol. Like is everything seriously filler until the series finale? Wow, maybe I shouldn't just bother watching the show at all until then, cause it seems like that's exactly the case lol.
ITA. I'm an SE fan and the whole 'choice' thing just seemed kinda 'meh'...
I'm pretty sure if we go the whole of next season without watching the show and come back just for the finale, maybe then DE will get their shot, but it'll be because Vamp!Elena's personality's heightened and how she's more in tune with her dark side and that that Elena will see the appeal of Damon, but she can never give up on Stefan because they are eternal.
icon:Ann
Old 05-11-2012, 03:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

its a show, they want to keep all fans around. it makes sense.

as a person that loves damon more than DE at this point, i am actually a bit annoyed they threw in that last DE scene. Cuz she picked Stefan and I was completely done with it. I was over teh triangle and I want Damon to finally move on and be happy.

I am not okay with the fact that next season Elena may still be conflicted. Just for what? To drag it along more, to throw more bones to DE just so Damon can get dragged through the mud longer? so stupid.
Quote:
maybe then DE will get their shot, but it'll be because Vamp!Elena's personality's heightened and how she's more in tune with her dark side and that that Elena will see the appeal of Damon,
which is exactly what i do no want. no way, no how. Id rather have SE engame now and forever with ZERO DE interaction than have this happen. I dont want her to go to damon just because shes a vamp and wants to take risks or whatever. No thanks.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:38 AM
Elite Fan

That sounds so stupid Will anyone actually stick around, and be interested in that? I find a hard time believing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartlines (View Post)
exactly. the show can't close the door on either couple while all three of them are on the show. even when Elena was saying it'll always be Stefan, etc., etc., in past seasons fans still had hope for DE - fans see what they want to see, even if she married one of them, the other fanbase would still have hope. the chickening out of the writers' is definitely where this love triangle falls down. fans can take disappointment and the show can move on, all they have to do is watch other CW shows to see that.
Exactly. I can't think of one CW show, excluding OTH & Smallville (cause that to me doesn't count) where there hasn't been disappointment from fans. It's always the same from the good ol' CW. It's never ever any different lol. This is why they're a poorly rated network, and why they're laughed at. They never have a clear direction of where they want to go, and most of their shows, is a big indication of that.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

people were clearly disappointed with OTH and smallville too though. LOl.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:43 AM
Elite Fan

I liked this episode because it gave me what I wanted, a good story.

IMO, it was good for DE, but I'm not gonna argue that again.
I watch the show for far more reasons than just DE. I love tyler/Caroline. I love elena/Jeremy. I love all the friendships and DS are my OTP. I don't really care about the bones they may or may not have thrown at people because I didn't it as such. I saw her choosing Stefan as a human who needs him. She is now a vampire and it's going to be completely different.
And we all know she loves Damon, she just isn't "out of love" with Stefan. She'll get there though. Damon consumes her and he will continue to do so until she can no longer hold back.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:44 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad reputation (View Post)
people were clearly disappointed with OTH and smallville too though. LOl.
yeah...that's true LOL, but it wasn't as much as the disappointment of all the other shows.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

the finale was just meh for me. DE stuff aside, nothing shocked me at all.

i dont like tyler or tc, so their scenes were annoying to me, and frankly, i dont want to see michael as klaus.

also, elena turning was not a shock at all. its what everyone predicted all season and the writers made it even more obvious when they revealed that elena was linked to alaric.

also not happy that the originals are still all alive, that storyline is so dead its like beating a dead horse at this point.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:49 AM
Elite Fan

It's so funny to me as to how JP thinks and finds that Elena turning into a vamp was all that "shocking". Was it really all that shocking to anyone? They made it pretty damn obvious.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:51 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad reputation (View Post)
I am not okay with the fact that next season Elena may still be conflicted. Just for what? To drag it along more, to throw more bones to DE just so Damon can get dragged through the mud longer? so stupid.
I think that's one thing everyone can agree on.
I don't think SE is going to be all unicorn and rainbows actually. You can bet that they will use Elena's vampirism to go DE(which sucks IMO) aka making Elena cheat on Stefan while maintaining that Stefan's the one she wants a relationship with. That's how the books did it.
icon:Ann