Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2012, 02:33 AM
Dedicated Fan

I didn't hear Elena say, that she chose Stefan because she met him first. She fell for him because of what he brought to her life. He made her want to live again, gave her direction and purpose. And she wants that in her life.

Had she met Damon first, and had he been that person in her life, she might have fallen for him and now chose him. But then again, Damon wasn't in a place in his life to be that person to Elena. And, yes, like Elena said, she is in love with Damon, she told this to Matt. She however never fell out of love with Stefan, she is very much in love with him, so..

Basically, Stefan is what Elena needs in her life right now, and she made that choice as an 18 year old girl, not thinking about always and forever. Like she should. Now it is up to Damon to be free, if he wants to. Elena set him free, again.

I do think, though, that Damon will be the first in her life now when she is a vampire, and that will shift things a bit. Also her remembering the things he said/did and then made her forget will factor in.

Last edited by mokhashin; 05-11-2012 at 02:38 AM
Old 05-11-2012, 02:34 AM
Elite Fan

yeah...but the question is, will anyone care? I'm pretty sure they just drove the majority of the DE fanbase away.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokhashin (View Post)
I dign't hear Elena say, that she chose Stefan because she met him first. She fell for him because of what he brought to her life. He made her want to live again, gave her direction and purpose. And she wants that in her life.
Again...I get this...

But there was still the whole 'met them first' implication. It was just so heavy-handed. They could have had Damon flashback to the first time he met Elena without that line, and it still would have had the same impact.

Because DE won't happen now because they actually met first. They will happen now because her needs will change, and he will be the love that she needs as a vampire.

But it's just all so ridiculous
Old 05-11-2012, 02:40 AM
Master Fan

I love Damon/Elena and am so thankful to the writers for them. The flashback scene

"So what do you want?" ~ Elena - "I want you to get everything you're looking for...Goodnight Elena" ~ Damon

it hurts. my precious babies. my otp was otp before it even was otp.

But I can't handle it. I'm pretty much done with tvd. not coming back for season 4.

Elena turned too soon. The phone call broke my heart, because I know Elena is in love with Damon and just after this entire season I feel like did the writers seem to forget about it while writing the finale or? and when Stefan let her die, again, c'mon.

No.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyfreds (View Post)
It's unbelievable. Honestly...the writing for the triangle was abysmal in this ep, and I don't really see why either side should be that happy.
I 100% agree with this. Pretty much, I hated the finale. The entire DE flashback scene made me incredibly uncomfortable as a Stelena fan in general because I felt like it cheapened their entire development in Season 1. Ugh. But, aside from that I thought they completely retconned way too much. Damon was a psycopathic monster in Season 1. He would've NEVER been so nice and like some wise old buddha to Elena, especially 'cause at that point he was still desperately in love with Katherine. He would've been freaked the eff out, or at the very least, curious and methodical in his attempts to figure out why this random girl who looks EXACTLY like the "love of his life" was standing in front of him talking about love... WTF. Just, ridiculous. Additionally, it was ridiculous because he knew Elena all of three seconds and he suddenly knows what she wants out of life and love!? GIVE ME A BREAK. Just.. no. It was just written so horribly I can't.

And I still don't understand if what they actually said during the DE flashback is significant or just meant to be ironic in that Damon did actually meet Elena first. Damon compelled Elena to fall in love and be happy, and then she met Stefan and immediately fell for him. Yes, she absolutely loves Stefan regardless of Damon's compulsion, that is true at this point. But it's her being "in" it so completely that is in question in my head. Elena's previously she's stated, many times, that she "can't explain" why she feels the way she feels for Stefan. She said it again during her scene with Matt... So now I'm asking the question, "How much of Elena's 'choice' reflects her love for Stefan and how much does it reflect what Damon compelled her to do?"

And I just hate that that one horribly written retcon is making me question three years of SE. After everything we've seen of Stelena's relationship for the past three years, that question shouldn't even be on the table. It's ridiculous but there it is... And I'm so confused.

That said, human Elena did tell Damon that it is always going to be Stefan because no matter what she feels for him, she still loves Stefan. So, make of that what you will... And the fact that Elena was going to see Stefan on his death bed instead of Damon would have upset me if I was a Delenian. My heart broke for Damon, he was so hurt (and yet I was so happy for Stefan and if only he knew she chose him!) and this just proved that maybe Elena isn’t the right girl for him.
While Damon definitely isn't my favorite character, I can still concede that Damon deserves someone that’s going to put him first and only him. Not his brother.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

i think you asre right. i wouldnt be happy if i were de or se right now, they kinda crapped on both ships.

Quote:
and did Tyler die? WHO KNOWS.
seriously. Probably not though. I dont think they are willing to let him go. I'm sure when they get rid of klaus for real tyler will get his body back. IDK.

The episode was HORRIBLE for klaus/caroline fans, just absolutely awful. way to ruin them completely. shes never ever gonna forgive klaus for being in tylers body, no way. and frankly, no offense to michael, i really dont want to see him as klaus, meh.

and if they kill matt in the premiere, i am so done.

after watching the finale i would say that YES, SE will be together briefly and then DE will finally have their chance, but after reading julies interview i really dont believe tha tnaymore. i truly think SE are endgame and the choice elena wants to make. Things may be COMPLICATED for SE now since shell get her memories back, but i dont think that means anything in the long run. they said it thsemselves time and again, its always gonnabe stefan.

if elena thought damon was gonna die, she should have lied to him. should have said she was on her way (but never showed up, he would just think there wasnt enough time) should have said 'i love you" just to please him and then turned around. but no, she told him she was picking stefan.IDK, sems pretty unecessary.

one thing i dont get is that nina said elenas choice would seem one way and then shift, but that didnt happen. it seemed like stefan the entire time (he was the one that came back, he was the one that kissed her) s halfway through i was kind of thinking maybe she would pcik damon after all. IDK, it didnt make much sense to me.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:49 AM
Dedicated Fan

I took the DE flashback just as a small tidbit, it didn't take away anything SE for me. It is something Damon knows, he met Elena first, they had a cute moment, flirted a bit, and that's it. He mostly compelled her to go and be happy, and forget, that they ever met.

Tyler and Caroline got an awful ending though, and I just don't see anyone happy with this. Klaus fans do not want Michael being TyKlaus, Tyles fans do not want this, and Caroline got shafter big time.

Last edited by mokhashin; 05-11-2012 at 02:54 AM
Old 05-11-2012, 02:51 AM
Elite Fan

lol that was the writers way of telling us DE fans that Damon compelled her to fall in love, so now that she remembers, like OMGZ YOU GUIZE THEY MIGHT HAVE A SHOT LIKE OMGZ.

lol bones either way.

It cheapens all of it, I really don't understand how anyone can be happy with this finale. Once the honeymoon of the bones feeling settles in, I believe everyone will be feeling the same, and then the writers will feel the ratings for next season lol.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucas_Is_Love (View Post)
I 100% agree with this. Pretty much, I hated the finale. The entire DE flashback scene made me incredibly uncomfortable as a Stelena fan in general because I felt like it cheapened their entire development in Season 1. Ugh. But, aside from that I thought they completely retconned way too much. Damon was a psycopathic monster in Season 1. He would've NEVER been so nice and like some wise old buddha to Elena, especially 'cause at that point he was still desperately in love with Katherine. He would've been freaked the eff out, or at the very least, curious and methodical in his attempts to figure out why this random girl who looks EXACTLY like the "love of his life" was standing in front of him talking about love... WTF. Just, ridiculous. Additionally, it was ridiculous because he knew Elena all of three seconds and he suddenly knows what she wants out of life and love!? GIVE ME A BREAK. Just.. no. It was just written so horribly I can't.

And I still don't understand if what they actually said during the DE flashback is significant or just meant to be ironic in that Damon did actually meet Elena first. Damon compelled Elena to fall in love and be happy, and then she met Stefan and immediately fell for him. Yes, she absolutely loves Stefan regardless of Damon's compulsion, that is true at this point. But it's her being "in" it so completely that is in question in my head. Elena's previously she's stated, many times, that she "can't explain" why she feels the way she feels for Stefan. She said it again during her scene with Matt... So now I'm asking the question, "How much of Elena's 'choice' reflects her love for Stefan and how much does it reflect what Damon compelled her to do?"

And I just hate that that one horribly written retcon is making me question three years of SE. After everything we've seen of Stelena's relationship for the past three years, that question shouldn't even be on the table. It's ridiculous but there it is... And I'm so confused.
This is exactly what I mean!

As a DE fan, I did love the flashback scene...although...I do think Damon should have been a bit more stunned for a little while longer...but hey....the ep was almost over so they couldn't wait around

But yeah....they wrote this finale so that both sides would be happy. I should have listened to the interviews But in pleasing everyone, you please nobody. It's clear that the majority of SErs do seem to be happy, and that's fair enough....but the DE flashback undermined SE completely IMO....which you guys should be mad about IMO. Just as I am mad that the DE phonecall undermined DE's whole journey over the course of S3.

And seriously...I am one of the most positive TVD fans out there most days, so this is crazy from me
Old 05-11-2012, 02:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

its very confusing in regards to how much of SE's love is real love and how much is her being compelled? I mean, i dont think they meant for it to be confusing, but it does seem that way. it also seems she wants that passionate type of love, so then why did she choose stefan? thats what doesnt make sense to me.

a casual viewer would assume that it was all good things for de. that SE was the safe choice, that she picked stefan because damon compelled her to, ETC ETC.

but based off on interviews and what julies been saying it really feels like elena picking stefan was legit and because she truly loves him more.

so i dont know what to think.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:57 AM
Elite Fan

They're doing it on purpose to keep everyone around, it's as simple as that to me. lol. I said a couple of weeks ago that we were going to know the direction of the show from this point out, with the triangle, and everything else, when we watch the season finale - and now it's out there, and the answer is nowhere. There is no clear direction as to where they're going.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The thing is...Damon compelled her to find what she wanted.

So regardless of his compulsion...when Elena met Stefan, he was what she wanted. I don't think the compulsion is what undermined SE.

I think Damon's description of what Elena wanted is what undermines SE. The all consuming love was obviously a reference to DE. The point being that the Elena before the crash would have wanted Damon. The Elena after the crash wanted Stefan. Vamp!Elena wants....DUN DUN DUN. The suspense!
Old 05-11-2012, 03:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

i guess well have to wait and see next season.

her response to SE being together didnt seem very great. She said "for a while" IDK, seems very weird. i have no clue where they are going.

i'm abit confused on whether to just give up on DE entirely, or if they really will maybe go there eventually. UGHHHH.

thats what i dont get, it would have made more sense for elena to say she wanted a love that made her feel safe, OR something that fit more with SE. but then maybe thats why the writers had her say the consuming love. because if she wants a love like damons, but then ends up loving stefan anyways, maybe thats a good thing for SEe. I have no clue.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:08 AM
Elite Fan

It's still not enough for me to want to tune into next season lol. So if that's what the writers were going for, to keep the DE fans and the SE fans around, and keep them equally as happy so they don't lose them as viewers - which is exactly what it was then they failed, at least for me. & I can kind of guarantee that I am not alone in this. I believe a lot of people are kind of done with this show at this point lol. There's going to be some curiosity there for early S4, but then it's going to dwindle and fade if it keeps up like this.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:10 AM
Elite Fan

I don't think Elena was compelled to love - Damon told her to be happy, he didn't tell her to hook up with his brother. if Damon's compulsion had anything to do with Elena falling in love, she would have fallen in love with Matt. she was still dating him when they went off that bridge, the time it took for Elena and Stefan to meet means that she had plenty of chances for love, but she fell in love with Stefan. Matt is basically the safest choice there was, if there was ever any doubt she was picking people on that basis.

but the show needs to definitely work on making things clearer. I guess maybe they think if they do the TV equivalent of mumbling they'll keep both fanbases happy.

but anyway, like Plec says, endgame means the end of the show - they're always going to string alone DE fans while commiting to SE. it's the basis of the show, three seasons in and there doesn't seem like any end to it. If, and this is a big if, they're actually planning for a DE end of show ending, they better get a move on with their actual story or it's just going to come out of nowhere. Elena picking Damon over Stefan would be a start.

enough about the convoluted triangle though: Klaus!! He better be back as Joseph. I cannot take this show without him, and though I'm a Klaus/Caroline fan it's not at all exciting to think of him in Tyler's body with her. He needs his accent and his cute face for them to work. I don't care what happens to Tyler tbh though, stay or go, whatever.