Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2012, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It was a bad move but it was necessary so they can move to what's next in S4.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:46 PM
New Fan

YA it had to be done.. I agree with HAppySquared

I really couldnt envision a S4 with Alaric in it while Elena is a vamp. He couldnt deal being that his ex wife left him to be one! Than Jenna was taken from him and turned into a Vamp! I honestly think it would demoralize him. I think that was the irony in it all! But im also sad that Alaric is not with us no more

But hopefully Jeremy sees his ghost a few times
Old 05-20-2012, 03:17 PM
Master Fan

i dislike the jeremy ghost storyline. it seems like lame way to bring back guest stars who were already killed off the show. if you make a bold decision by way of killing off a character, don't overturn that decision by bringing them back as a spirit

i don't know we are expecting elena to be carefree as a vampire when she died being an emo teenage girl. doesn't it just amplify what you are as a human? it's not like suddenly she's going to forget what she was like as a person for that year and a half after her parents died, imo. she may come back even more tortured than ever for all we know.
Old 05-20-2012, 10:09 PM
Elite Fan

Because she has no reason to be emo she is no longer in danger and will no longer feel helpless. I think she will have a hard time dealing at first, but eventually she will come to terms with it and be happy.

Question. If it was damon's blood that turned her, does it mean she could have this cire bond with him?? As a DE fan, I really hope not. I don't want their connection to be based on a supernatural and fake bond.
Old 05-20-2012, 10:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Damon explained in Smells like Teen Spirit that having a sire bond is very rare. It only seems to happen frequently with Klaus because he's a hybrid and an Original. Damon has turned Caroline, Vicki and Isobel and they weren't sired to him so I doubt Elena will be.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 05-21-2012, 01:29 AM
Elite Fan

Oh good! True, I forgot!
Also, oops. Sire, not cire
Old 05-21-2012, 10:47 AM
Master Fan

this isn't true blood, lol. i highly doubt that any fake connection will tie them together, afterall it did not work out that way with caroline and damon.

Quote:
Because she has no reason to be emo she is no longer in danger and will no longer feel helpless. I think she will have a hard time dealing at first, but eventually she will come to terms with it and be happy.
i disagree. she died, i think that's going to be a cause of concern. alaric died, and now jeremy is going to feel alone because elena is a vampire and he won't have anyone to connect to. she is going to realize all of these things. i don't see anyone is expecting her to be any different now than she was before. she still has the same concerns regarding the original vampires, her life is still out of control, lol. just because she's a vampire doesn't make it better, especially since she didn't even want to be one.

i honestly cannot understand why anyone would expect elena to be as she was before her parents died. it's not like she FORGOT that part of her life, it's just who she used to be. it's not who she is now.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:05 PM
Elite Fan

I'm not expecting her to be the same as before, but I do think moments like those will exist. I AM expecting her to be different than she has been in the last 3 seasons though. Feel free to disagree, but my expectations won't change
Old 05-21-2012, 02:16 PM
Elite Fan

I think Elena will be different...they might even write her as more carefree. I remember a couple interviews this season where there was the question of whether or not we would get to see Elena go dark, and JP replied at times...or something like that. It was a pretty vague answer, but now thinking back on it, it's making me think maybe it has something to do with that.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:50 AM
Master Fan

Dark Elena makes far more sense than carefree Elena. It's so black and white to say well now she doesn't need protection! It doesn't matter because now she's fighting things inside of her, like her vampire nature. She also is in so much emotional pain, she'll almost surely at one point or another want to turn her humanity off so she'll have to fight against that. Elena will never be anywhere near the girl she was in that flashback, she has been through 10 lifetimes worth of pain since then.

Elena also doesn't sit around crying because she's worried about herself, she worries about others. Jeremy is still in danger, and it's not like being a vampire makes you invincible. As a human, she worried about Stefan, Damon, Caroline, Bonnie, Tyler... all of whom are supernatural. The danger in her life is not going away, so the worrying won't stop. She's also going to be the weakest vampire.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

I think she is going to have to fight harder than ever. She never wanted to be a vampire despite being in love with two vampires. Now she has changed and before she even completes that change she has to feed on human blood and that is going to be a serious choice for her. She was willing to die in that car then and there, for Stefan to save Matt. If she is was willing to die before, why not now? I think she will complete change but it'll be tough choice.
And who knows how the people she relies on will react. Jeremy or Bonnie. They may not accept her this way. I think she will end up feeling guilty and alone after whats happened and although people wil try comfort her it will mainly be vampires, at a time when I think she wants connection to humans.

Zoe&Wade
Old 05-26-2012, 03:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybangelcakes (View Post)
I love both brothers, both stories.
me too. i can't choose me one. just call me elena.

i hope matt's note dead! and tyler.

i wonder how bonnie will react to elena dead and possibly a vampire. she seems to be on her own agenda.

i found the damon/elena flashback incredibly contrived and i would've easily edited that out of the episode, if i was in charge.

kenny | credit

Last edited by smoothaise; 05-26-2012 at 03:24 PM
Old 06-13-2012, 08:08 PM
Dedicated Fan

Why hasn't anyone else pointed out that it would have been possible and not all that difficult for Stefan to save both Matt and Elena essentially at the same time? If I was Stefan or Damon or any vampire for that matter, knowing that one of them was still conscious I would have yanked out both their seat belts and then kicked out the passenger side window or the whole passenger door. That would have allowed the conscious person the chance to try to swim to the surface before completely running out of air. Furthermore, the extra few seconds it would take a vampire to do that additional work wouldn't make a huge difference as to whether the unconscious person could still be revived with CPR. I'm sorry, I just have a problem with the writers making Stefan look so stupid. I really don't think that he wouldn't have realized that he should do that. I also think Elena would have let him get away with it.

However, I realize that ultimately the writers made him only attempt to save one at a time as a plot device. Elena had to die beyond the point of revival or they wouldn't have been able to make her a vampire.

It is just frustrating.

As far as Damon in the flashback, I honestly don't think we can say he was OOC considering that here he was meeting someone who sounded and looked identical to the love of his life. Considering that she was identical to Katherine, I think he was somewhat fascinated and certainly intrigued by her. He had no reason to be "snarky Damon" to Elena given her likeness. The reason he was snarky with her in S1 was because he felt that he had "lost" her to Stefan. He knew Stefan would be a barrier to him getting to know Elena better and he was pissed.

I hope this isn't the case, but I fear that Damon might have accidentally compelled Elena to respond to Stefan the way that she did. Stefan was the first new person in her life after the accident.

One of the best lines: "It's Mystic Falls, nothing bad ever happens here."

The moral of this episode:
When your doctor tells you to go home and rest, you really should listen no matter how good you feel. Your friggin' doctor knows what they are talking about because they know that they put vampire blood in your system. Don't question Dr. Fell peeps, you live in Mystic Falls!

Oh and who else loved Balaric (Bad Alaric) just giving Jeremy beer in a public place. Yeah, like no one will notice that Jeremy is underage. It would have been funny if he was arrested and stuck in jail during the whole episode.
SweetJo~Joy**AVATAR by Me**Sarkney*SV*DrunkenToaster **Dreamer/Chemist*Stargazer*Candygirl*Incrowder**MSR**Spuffy*W&T*X&A*B&A*A&C*W&F/I **PJ'er/JK*DJen'er*Jen/Jack**Crichton/Aeryn**Rory/Jess**Claire/Charlie**Seebones**Andrew-It eats you starting with your bottom.**Max-Friggin' Eddie!~Liz-RAH! RAH!~Alex-Dodgeball!
Old 06-13-2012, 08:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

Oh, and I don't think we can count on Elena not needing protection still. She will just be a newbie vampire and therefore weaker than all those that she might need to fear. Sure she might be able to defend herself better but I don't think she is home free on that. However, hopefully at this point Klaus will not have any reason to want to do something with her or to her. I certainly hope he won't be stupid enough to be angry and seek vengeance considering that she didn't mean to die and turn.

Given that the originals (the strongest ever) are still alive the group will always need to act as a team to protect each other anyway. Katherine could also easily still whip any one of the gang. I don't think Katherine will want to kill Elena though. I think Katherine will not find that in her best interest. She will just continue to try to manipulate the situation with Elena. I would actually love if Katherine and Elena could bond a bit over this.

I miss Katherine either way, so I just hope she comes back soon.
SweetJo~Joy**AVATAR by Me**Sarkney*SV*DrunkenToaster **Dreamer/Chemist*Stargazer*Candygirl*Incrowder**MSR**Spuffy*W&T*X&A*B&A*A&C*W&F/I **PJ'er/JK*DJen'er*Jen/Jack**Crichton/Aeryn**Rory/Jess**Claire/Charlie**Seebones**Andrew-It eats you starting with your bottom.**Max-Friggin' Eddie!~Liz-RAH! RAH!~Alex-Dodgeball!
Old 01-01-2017, 03:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

WOO HOO SEASON 3 FINALE! I was so excited for this episode and I cannot wait for season 4.

Elena’s dancing was HILARIOUS. And what is with those cheerleader outfits? Are those appropriate? haha.

AUNT JENNA!!!

“Have I told you lately how much I appreciate you not being the dumbest brother alive?” LMAO. And whyyyyy did Damon lose the coin toss!

Caroline worrying over Elena was so sweet.

Why wont these originals just leave these people the frack alone? Don’t they have better stuff to do?

Damon is the only smart one, why the eff would they give his body back to Elijah!?!?!?! COME ON.

I love that Elena said that Damon consumes her. And that he was the problem between her and Stefan. I think that says a WHOLE lot.

Damon saving Rebekah from Alaric was such a great scene!

The S/D scene killed me. And Stefan felt bad that Damon couldn’t say goodbye to Elena.

The DE scene was horribly sad too! NOOOO ELENA. IMO Elena definitely made the easy decision in choosing Stefan because they were already together and she knew he was a good guy etc. With Damon, that was more of a risk. And i really believe that all the matt/elena past stuff is EXACTLY how shes feeling about Stefan NOW. She met Stefan, which made her realize she was stringing along Matt, her puppy love. And now, shes stringing along Stefan, her first love. But Damon is her true love. She just didn’t realize it. And frankly, she also chose to go home because all her friends were there. And her saying that she never unfell for Stefan but that she can’t think about “always” just right now said a lot as well. Because to me it showed she was trying to make the “right” decision. Her saying if they had met first maybe it would have changed things also to me reinforced that she was picking based on the fact that she was with Stefan first.

The T/C goodbye scene was really sad.

TYLER IS KLAUS WTF.

The car accident scene was so horrible and so sad, and the flashback crash scene was sad too! Seeing Elena say goodbye to her dad!

The flashback scene with DE!!! I CANNOT. Damon met her first! But it seems a bit unrealistic he would just accept that she’s not Katherine… or that he wouldn’t bite her… They were so flirty though! Elena was vibing on him. Damon says she wants a love that consumes her! Thats exactly what Damon is. Him compelling her to get everything she wanted almost cheapens SE, because its like saying that she loved Stefan and fell for him so quickly because its what Damon compelled her to do. Where as her love for Damon came from her own feelings. At the same time, I do think that before her parents died she wanted a love like Damons. After her parents died she wanted to feel safe, which is what she had with Stefan. Therefor she did get what she “wanted” from Damon’s compulsion after all. However, turning into a vampire has changed her. Rose said it already that Damon challenges her and that hes changing her and making her question things.

I’m sorry but Stefan saving Matt over Elena was the DUMBEST thing ever. I dont care what she was saying to him, that’s just stupid. And couldn’t he have just unbuckled her seat belt? Or she could have? LOL.

Damon holding Alaric at the end!

Stefan crying over Elena at the end was sad too. UGH.

And Damon storming into the hospital to see Elena!!!

AND THE VERY LAST MOMENT!!!! EEEK!!!