Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-28-2011, 11:54 AM
Elite Fan

I'm pretty sure students shouldn't set fires to pianos. This was right after Quinn did something really bad to the Glee Club. Then she continues to go after Will and the Club in a video that smears his reputation. People bring up that Will should know how good Quinn can be manipulated, but this is three years running now....it's gotta stop. She can't let Sue or her bad decisions ruin her life. She does need to grow up. That was tough love to me. Keep in mind he said it TO her while Quinn was perfectly fine with Lima voters seeing how she berated Will.

icon
Old 09-28-2011, 12:00 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Well, if she can establish that she was not in her right mind when she agreed to give Beth up (postpartum/postnatal depression or some such), then the adoption might be declared legally invalid?
Adoption is pretty much finale - the only thing that could possibly rock it, is if Puck didn't sign away his rights when Beth was born. You can't have people just turning up a year later, wanting their child back, because that's not fair on the child.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:13 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranoh (View Post)
I really disagree. Since Quinn stormed into his office blaming him for everything, Will had EVERY right to give her a piece of his mind. IMO, Quinn needed Will's tough love just as much as she needed Shelby's gentle guidance.
It makes me intensely uncomfortable that he was okay with shouting all of that stuff at a messed up teenager (not to mention the numerous times he's snapped at Rachel - as well as Santana last week), but he never had the guts to stand up like that to her parents when they kicked her out. It's a bit creepy, actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranoh (View Post)
BOTH characters told her things that she needed to hear. Since Will has been dealing with her crud for over 2 years now, he wasn't the perfect person to be firm with her. JMO
What "crud" has he been dealing with? Did the whole "being pregnant and homeless" thing cut into his lunch break? Finn and Puck both had a right to be upset with her - regarding the whole paternity thing - but Will is an adult and Quinn's a kid, and the only thing he ought to be concerned with is the welfare of his students. Quinn actually has every right to be furious with both him, Sue, and the rest of the school for how they treated her during her pregnancy. She was harassed, slushied, kicked out of her home, kicked out of the Cheerios, etc etc. I'm sure all of that was extremely hard for Will (if you squint), but if we're placing bets for the opression olympics I think Quinn's set to win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayberry (View Post)
I'm pretty sure students shouldn't set fires to pianos. This was right after Quinn did something really bad to the Glee Club. Then she continues to go after Will and the Club in a video that smears his reputation. People bring up that Will should know how good Quinn can be manipulated, but this is three years running now....it's gotta stop. She can't let Sue or her bad decisions ruin her life. She does need to grow up. That was tough love to me. Keep in mind he said it TO her while Quinn was perfectly fine with Lima voters seeing how she berated Will.
She set fire to the piano - fine, deal with it in the principal's office. She's a STUDENT. Will is not her age, they're not buddies, and she's in no way obliged to behave in ways that makes him look good or strokes his ego. Anyone who gets into teaching expecting teenagers to be rational adults is deluding themselves. He should have swallowed his tantrum, asked Sue to turn the camera off, and then walked Quinn to the school councellor.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes Quinn got harassed etc while being pregnant but all the other glee students haven been and still are being harassed and they're not being bratty about it. Sue treats all students badly but will seems to be the only one being hated on for calling out Quinn on her crap that doesn't seem fair to will
Icon: ?
Old 09-28-2011, 12:47 PM
Elite Fan

A student should respect a teacher. They don't forcibly rush into someone's office and put them down for a campaign video. Keep in mind this is the same girl that planned on passing off her baby as Will/Terri's. Her actions caused him some pain too. I love me some Quinn but she was being extremely bratty and there's only so much brat a person can take.

icon
Old 09-28-2011, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Keep in mind this is the same girl that planned on passing off her baby as Will/Terri's. Her actions caused him some pain too.
I actually forgot about that!

Quote:
A student should respect a teacher. They don't forcibly rush into someone's office and put them down for a campaign video.
agreed
Icon: ?
Old 09-28-2011, 07:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

I have to say it sure is nice to see some Will appreciation going on here. Because everywhere else is pretty abusive towards him. Unjustly so. So thank you for your voices of reason. Its quite refreshing and wonderful to read.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileycat (View Post)
I have to say it sure is nice to see some Will appreciation going on here. Because everywhere else is pretty abusive towards him. Unjustly so. So thank you for your voices of reason. Its quite refreshing and wonderful to read.
I've actually seen quite a bit of support for Will everywhere on this issue, which is pleasantly surprising.

As for the episode, I really and truly believe that sometimes a teacher is justified in yelling at a student or students. If every teacher who ever yelled got fired, there would be VERY few teachers in the world. Sometimes a little yelling is needed to give someone a kick in the butt. Plus, Will is more than just a teacher to these kids. He's also their friend, and the dynamic between him and his students has always been more laid back than real life teacher/student relationships are.

Quote:
What "crud" has he been dealing with? Did the whole "being pregnant and homeless" thing cut into his lunch break? Finn and Puck both had a right to be upset with her - regarding the whole paternity thing - but Will is an adult and Quinn's a kid, and the only thing he ought to be concerned with is the welfare of his students. Quinn actually has every right to be furious with both him, Sue, and the rest of the school for how they treated her during her pregnancy. She was harassed, slushied, kicked out of her home, kicked out of the Cheerios, etc etc. I'm sure all of that was extremely hard for Will (if you squint), but if we're placing bets for the opression olympics I think Quinn's set to win.
Just the fact that Will and ND were so supportive of Quinn during her pregnancy, and then she repays them by crapping all over them time and time again. Plus, don't forget that Will was REALLY hurt by the baby fiasco in season 1 as well.
As for Will yelling at Rachel, I think that's only happened once. He's a very even tempered guy most of the time.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:26 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
crapping all over them time and time again ?
Time and time again ? Could you elaborate ? I know she picked cheerleading over glee club temporarily but she hasn't bashed the club since early season 1. There's a difference between leaving the club and "crapping" on it I think. Didn't she manipulate Sue into giving them space in the yearbook, she was part of the bakesale to raise money for Artie. This is the one time Quinn lashed out at Will , I'm not sure why he reacted like it was a regular thing.

And he's not her friend. He's her teacher, he's placed there to take care of the kids. Like Johanna said, if he was angry about the piano or whatever, he had to take her to the principal. This isn't a life and death situation for him to lose his **** like that. He wasn't just not helping her, he was also being unprofessional. Teens are meant to respect their teachers in theory but that's never how it works. It's a turbulent time for most teens and a lot of good teachers (the kind we're lead to believe Will is) don't take their outbursts this personally.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don;t think we know for certain that Quinn was aware of Terri faking being pregnant. She knew Terri wanted the baby but did she know that Terri was going to pass it off as her own ? I could have missed something, I don't know.

Last edited by CreekBee; 09-29-2011 at 01:37 AM
Old 09-29-2011, 01:30 AM
Elite Fan

This episode was 150 times better than last week's travesty

Thoughts on the episode:

Emma and coach Beiste laughing at Kurt was immature, rude, and unprofessional. I did not get one ounce of enjoyment watching them making fun of his audition. Quite the opposite actually. I don't know how I'm supposed to take them seriously as educators. They owe him an apology.

I was also disturbed to hear that coach Beiste wants to be sexually attracted to the underage male student lead in the plays she watches. I guess she likes them young. Real young. And NO, I don't want to think about her eying Blaine in that way on the night of the play. But I guess in Glee world if the students are allowed to be thinking of their coach while making out with their girlfriends then it must be okay for teachers to be wanting their lady parts wetted by the 16 year old male lead.

I was shocked as the rest of you hearing that Blaine is a junior I guess RIB want Darren here next year no matter what.
-Safe
Old 09-29-2011, 04:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

When a student actis the way Quinn was to Mr Schue, his reaction is completely justified. She needed that kick in the pants and sometimes a teacher has to be that tough. It needed to happen and I'm proud of Will.

Did anyone watch Friday Night Lights when it was on? Anyone remember Coach Taylor and how firm he was with his kids. And how much he was respected by everyone because he wasn't going to take any crap from any of his players acting out? That's how I see Will. He's a understanding and compassionate guy but don't think you can walk all over him just because you're not mature enough to understand how the world works.

School is just like the real world. The sooner the kids understand this the better. Would you walk into your boss's office and yell at him and blame him for all your life's problems? No, of course not. So why would you do that to a teacher?
Old 09-29-2011, 04:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Sadly it didn't help Quinn at all. That girl needs professional help not people telling her to feel or act. Her going back to blond etc is exactly what she did when she went punk. Her issues are still there and singing tunes in the choir room wont help, sadly i don't think anyone will ever notice that. But as long as they can compete in nationals with a pretty looking choir i guess all is well . and as long as she dresses in cute dresses there shouldn't be a reason to worry, everyone can get better if they just have makeover.

Last edited by Caliina; 09-29-2011 at 05:04 AM
Old 09-29-2011, 05:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

It may seem like it didn't affect her but it clearly did. You could tell she was stunned at his reaction. She can't yell at people and expect them to just sit there and take her unwarranted hate. One day she'll thank him for it, when she realizes how destructive she's being to herself and to her relationship with others. Its all up to her.

Besides this is glee. On tv shows characters learn lessons and change within half a season. Quinn is no exception. Its not like they're going to kill her off.

Or are they?
Old 09-29-2011, 05:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Part of me would love that, in that case i wouldn't have a reason to watch the show anymore. Dianna deserves better that what RIB gives her anyways.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:28 AM
Elite Fan

Yes, Quinn knew the baby would be Will/Terri's to raise. She subtly commented on what a good father he would be when she ran into Will one day.

icon