Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-29-2011, 06:58 AM
Passionate Fan

Yes but did she think they were simply going to adopt the baby ? Did she know that Terri was tricking Will ?

Also I'm confused about Shelby. Was she a surrogate or did she give up Rachel through adoption ?
Old 09-29-2011, 07:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quinn has serious issues... it's not a case of her being a spoilt brat. And if they pawn it off as that, then RIB are just being insulting. Being screamed at by a teacher isn't going to help herp, professional help is what she needs. Not Will thinking yelling at a student, infront of another student, may I add (unprofessional or what!), is not the help that quinn needs.

Shelby managed to make the same point with out shouting at a student infront of another student or member of staff.

But this baby storyline is crazy. No court system would at this point give that baby to Crazy Quinn over a stable adult.

And I could have sworn that Rachel said one of her dads was her dad. And they paid her mother to have the baby, which doesn't make it sound like an adoption.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:44 AM
Elite Fan

Shelby came back and started trying to get Quinn involved with Beth's life without Quinn's permission. Which is more damaging? Her being yelled at or Shelby unexpectedly popping up with a kid Quinn didn't want to see. Shelby should've contacted her first. That was very intrusive. I understand Shelby but there's a way to go about those things.

icon
Old 09-29-2011, 08:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So Quinn bas. have no adult in her life who can help her. I doubt her dad is in her life anymore and her mom well...she sucks. And esp. now when she's not dressing in black there's no reason to think she still has issues
Old 09-29-2011, 08:48 AM
Passionate Fan

So can we agree that Quinn did not hurt Will with the baby fiasco ? If she didn't know Terri was tricking him he has no reason to be angry with her about that. And how has she been harmful to the glee club after early season 1 ? why is will acting like she is a serial offender ?

Quote:
So Quinn bas. have no adult in her life who can help her. I doubt her dad is in her life anymore and her mom well...she sucks. And esp. now when she's not dressing in black there's no reason to think she still has issues
All she needed was to be told to grow up and that she was being selfish and a brat.Its the cure for all depression. She shouldn't be burdening people with her emotional baggage. Suck it up Quinn, wear your pretty dresses and thank Will for giving you deep emotional fulfillment by spending a few hours singing with you after school.

Btw I don't see the comparison between Will and Coach Taylor. At all. Remember when Matt Saracen was going through a hard time and yelled at Coach ? he didn't take it as an offense. He softened up to him and tried to get to the bottom of it. He was firm but he didn't treat the kids like a burden who were annoying him with their issues.

Quote:
And I could have sworn that Rachel said one of her dads was her dad. And they paid her mother to have the baby, which doesn't make it sound like an adoption.
Exactly what I was thinking. So I guess we can infer that she regretted doing it.

Quote:
But this baby storyline is crazy. No court system would at this point give that baby to Crazy Quinn over a stable adult.
Yeah, which makes me worried about where RIB are taking this. Hopefully Quinn will realize soon enough that she needs to let go. I don't want her to keep suffering like this.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I am convinced it's far from over this will get worse and worse until Quinn just breaks completely and then it's to late. My fear is they will use this SL so Quinn can prop other characters again.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:03 AM
Passionate Fan

How many times are we going to see her breakdown though before she starts to recover ? I guess until she makes everyone look saner by comparison (which is tough considering this group of people) RIB's not going to let it go.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

I watched season 1 a few weeks back - and Quinn did know Will wasnt supposed to know her baby was going to be his. Terri's sister mentioned it so she was aware she was deceiving will.

And Im sorry Will did nothing wrong this past episode. If any student talked to a teacher like that - they deserve whatever they get.

And sure Quinn has been through a lot - no denying that, but I personally don't like how everyone's defending her bratty actions because she's been through so much - ND has been through a lot too and none of them are behaving that way Just MO of course

Quote:
When a student actis the way Quinn was to Mr Schue, his reaction is completely justified. She needed that kick in the pants and sometimes a teacher has to be that tough. It needed to happen and I'm proud of Will.

Did anyone watch Friday Night Lights when it was on? Anyone remember Coach Taylor and how firm he was with his kids. And how much he was respected by everyone because he wasn't going to take any crap from any of his players acting out? That's how I see Will. He's a understanding and compassionate guy but don't think you can walk all over him just because you're not mature enough to understand how the world works.

School is just like the real world. The sooner the kids understand this the better. Would you walk into your boss's office and yell at him and blame him for all your life's problems? No, of course not. So why would you do that to a teacher?
ICA 100%!! well said
Icon: ?
Old 09-29-2011, 09:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreekBee (View Post)
How many times are we going to see her breakdown though before she starts to recover ? I guess until she makes everyone look saner by comparison (which is tough considering this group of people) RIB's not going to let it go.
She has never had a real breakdown tough, people just tell her to change or how to feel; Santana/Britt in the finale and now Puck (who thinks he has any right to judge Quinn). It's not like she has anyone she can trust enough to break down infront of so i don't blame her at all for that. She's the loneliest character in Glee iMO. Who does she really have?
Old 09-29-2011, 09:33 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I remember Quinn knew about the deceit. I'll cut her a little slack there because she was so desperate. The more I think about it, the more upset I am with Shelby. Quinn was in no way emotionally ready to see Beth or have Shelby teach at HER school. So I guess we get Quinn wanting Beth as the consequence. Same with Rachel. Why didn't she just contact these kids? At least Will was concerned about how Shelby's presence would affect them. But she had her own personal agenda......I actually like Shelby on some level but she made things ten times worse for everyone in Beth's life should things get tricky.

icon
Old 09-29-2011, 09:54 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliina (View Post)
She has never had a real breakdown tough, people just tell her to change or how to feel; Santana/Britt in the finale and now Puck (who thinks he has any right to judge Quinn). It's not like she has anyone she can trust enough to break down infront of so i don't blame her at all for that. She's the loneliest character in Glee iMO. Who does she really have?
True. I felt really bad for her in that last scene. she was willing to pretend she was fine if it was going to help her. She's going to deal with her pain on her own time. It's like she doesn't believe anyone can truly help her or cares to at this point

I just thought of a weird little parallel. Puck joined Glee club to be close to Quinn and Quinn rejoins to have a better chance to be with Beth.

Quote:
I watched season 1 a few weeks back - and Quinn did know Will wasnt supposed to know her baby was going to be his. Terri's sister mentioned it so she was aware she was deceiving will.
Aah well. I didn't remember that. If Will is still harboring anger over that he should come out and say it and not vent in other ways and say she's not been good for the club, cause she has!
Old 09-29-2011, 10:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
True. I felt really bad for her in that last scene. she was willing to pretend she was fine if it was going to help her. She's going to deal with her pain on her own time. It's like she doesn't believe anyone can truly help her or cares to at this point
What really got me was this line "If it takes dying my hair blonde and pretending that I think I’m special…" and now everyone but Puck thinks she fine and dandy. And i doubt Puck is able to help her because he will be busy with Beth and he is just a boy.

I see this as just being being desperate to have someone loving her, like she said in the finale. It's not right or fair but it's how messed up she is and she needs someone to actually help her.

Quote:
I just thought of a weird little parallel. Puck joined Glee club to be close to Quinn and Quinn rejoins to have a better chance to be with Beth.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:14 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliina (View Post)
What really got me was this line "If it takes dying my hair blonde and pretending that I think I’m special…" and now everyone but Puck thinks she fine and dandy. And i doubt Puck is able to help her because he will be busy with Beth and he is just a boy.

I see this as just being being desperate to have someone loving her, like she said in the finale. It's not right or fair but it's how messed up she is and she needs someone to actually help her.

Yeah. There was some good writing this episode. It was deep by Glee standards. There could be a real glorious phoenix rising out of the ashes storyline here if Quinn can heal in some way.

I don't know how they're going to play the Puck thing. They'll either show him help her as he's the only one she's even spoken more than a few lines to lately. Or they'll use her to show how his character has developed and how responsible he's become and leave her to face new consequences.

i hate that my favourite character is the writer's least favourite.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yeah. There was some good writing this episode. It was deep by Glee standards. There could be a real glorious phoenix rising out of the ashes storyline here if Quinn can heal in some way.

I don't know how they're going to play the Puck thing. They'll either show him help her as he's the only one she's even spoken more than a few lines to lately. Or they'll use her to show how his character has developed and how responsible he's become and leave her to face new consequences.

i hate that my favourite character is the writer's least favourite.
it's horrible

but yeah i really don't want them to use Quinn to make Puck look a good guy it would be horrible as a Quinn!stan and a Quick!shipper
Old 09-29-2011, 11:28 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

Aah well. I didn't remember that. If Will is still harboring anger over that he should come out and say it and not vent in other ways and say she's not been good for the club, cause she has!
Except she hasn't been good for the club.ND were there for her during all her tough times in season 1, and she didn't seem to appreciate it. All she's done is try to hurt various members of ND several times over.

I LOVE Quinn by the way. I think she's an interesting character, but IMO she's completely to blame for most of the things that have happened to her. She's depressed and I feel sad for her, but that doesn't change the fact that she HAS been acting like a spoiled brat. I'm sorry, but depression isn't a free pass for bad behavior. Will DOES care about her, and that's why he yelled. Yes Quinn needs professional help, but I think Will yelling at her was a necessary kick in the pants. She's never going to realize that she needs to clean up her act if people only treat her with kid gloves.

Last edited by Saranoh; 09-29-2011 at 11:36 AM