View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 12:13 PM
JohannafromIHJ
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranoh (View Post)
I really disagree. Since Quinn stormed into his office blaming him for everything, Will had EVERY right to give her a piece of his mind. IMO, Quinn needed Will's tough love just as much as she needed Shelby's gentle guidance.
It makes me intensely uncomfortable that he was okay with shouting all of that stuff at a messed up teenager (not to mention the numerous times he's snapped at Rachel - as well as Santana last week), but he never had the guts to stand up like that to her parents when they kicked her out. It's a bit creepy, actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranoh (View Post)
BOTH characters told her things that she needed to hear. Since Will has been dealing with her crud for over 2 years now, he wasn't the perfect person to be firm with her. JMO
What "crud" has he been dealing with? Did the whole "being pregnant and homeless" thing cut into his lunch break? Finn and Puck both had a right to be upset with her - regarding the whole paternity thing - but Will is an adult and Quinn's a kid, and the only thing he ought to be concerned with is the welfare of his students. Quinn actually has every right to be furious with both him, Sue, and the rest of the school for how they treated her during her pregnancy. She was harassed, slushied, kicked out of her home, kicked out of the Cheerios, etc etc. I'm sure all of that was extremely hard for Will (if you squint), but if we're placing bets for the opression olympics I think Quinn's set to win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayberry (View Post)
I'm pretty sure students shouldn't set fires to pianos. This was right after Quinn did something really bad to the Glee Club. Then she continues to go after Will and the Club in a video that smears his reputation. People bring up that Will should know how good Quinn can be manipulated, but this is three years running now....it's gotta stop. She can't let Sue or her bad decisions ruin her life. She does need to grow up. That was tough love to me. Keep in mind he said it TO her while Quinn was perfectly fine with Lima voters seeing how she berated Will.
She set fire to the piano - fine, deal with it in the principal's office. She's a STUDENT. Will is not her age, they're not buddies, and she's in no way obliged to behave in ways that makes him look good or strokes his ego. Anyone who gets into teaching expecting teenagers to be rational adults is deluding themselves. He should have swallowed his tantrum, asked Sue to turn the camera off, and then walked Quinn to the school councellor.