Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2015, 08:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

May 5th is what it translate to. I think it's the Mexican independent day? I'm not sure just that it's a holiday for them. That Americans has made into another reason to spend the day drinking.

April
Old 05-05-2015, 11:31 AM
Dedicated Fan

No, it isn't the Mexican Independence Day (that's Sep 16). It's actually commemorating the Battle of Puebla where the Mexican army fought off the invading French army in the 1860s. It was a big holiday in California and it spread from there. It's actually bigger in the US than in Mexico, LOL. We like our holidays, don't we? (And in case I looked all knowledgeable, I only knew it wasn't Independence day and that it started in the US in California. Wikipedia told me the rest )
Old 05-05-2015, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I saw somewhere else after I posted that what it was. I knew it had something to do with a battle.

yeah us Americans turn every holiday into a big drinking holiday.

April
Old 05-10-2015, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there.

April
Old 05-10-2015, 06:29 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'll chime in with a Happy Mother's Day to all the moms and future moms out there.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:02 AM
Master Fan

what did everyone do for mothers day?

Join the The Goldbergs Campaign
Old 05-12-2015, 04:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

Got breakfast in bed, presents of homemade clay bowls, a movie, a hat, chocolate. Went to church and led the kids in singing a Mother's Day song for their moms (I teach music to the children every Sunday). We got roses too. Called my mom, went to my mother-in-law's to visit for a while and bring her chocolate. Can't go wrong with chocolate.
Old 05-12-2015, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Slept. Did watch Guardians of the Galaxy and the second Captain America movie. I worked the night before and that night. And only had a few hours of sleep on Saturday. Sunday was also our 9 year anniversary.

April
Old 05-13-2015, 02:39 AM
Master Fan

i love those movies april i think guardians i like more. thats exciting 9 years!

my mum lives in another state so i just gave her a ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineliz (View Post)
Can't go wrong with chocolate.
i agree every year its what i get my mum!

im going to be moving out soon in a few weeks to an apartment ive gotta pick some paint colours this weekend.

Old 05-13-2015, 08:53 AM
Dedicated Fan

Ah, fun picking painting colors. I desperately want to paint my place too. I wanted to when we moved in last year, but I ran out of time--we closed on the house and moved within a few days. I thought I was going to get a week before we had to move in, but the bank took too long and we needed an extra week before closing. It's so much harder painting with all your stuff in the house. Especially when you're still trying to unpack. As I now look guiltily at the unpacked boxes still in my room a year later......
Old 05-13-2015, 01:39 PM
Master Fan

It is a lot harder painting with stuff in there . I think it's easy for us to paint but because we have to buy firniture like a sofa etc its going to be hard matching it all up

Old 05-14-2015, 03:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love looking at paint colors. We thought about painting this place before we moved in. But we ran out of time and didn't have money to paint. Plus half the place is wood panel so that would be hard to paint.

April
Old 05-14-2015, 05:05 AM
Master Fan

i like to take the paint cards from the shop thats fun! i think its better you didnt paint i find its such a pain taping up everything espeically if you have the wood panels like you'd have to be so careful about them not spilling. im worries myself about painting the walls i dont want it to get on the floor but at least we are mostly going with light nearly white colours so it wont really be noticable on the skirting boards because they are white.

Old 05-15-2015, 10:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it's neat you are allow to paint the apartment. Here except maybe in big cities you aren't allow to. Or maybe I just see that in shows and such. Most apartments in suburbs are complexes owned by corporations.

April
Old 05-15-2015, 07:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

Some places will let you paint if you return it to the original color. Or don't mind losing your deposit.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread